Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 326

Author Topic: Minecraft - Mods Thread  (Read 976058 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - Major Mods Thread
« Reply #720 on: May 02, 2012, 10:54:05 am »

But will have to switch it manually then :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: May 02, 2012, 10:56:27 am »

Is there a mod to add a game soundtrack? Current music is ambient and rare, but I am very tired of it. It would be awesome if we could have different day, night, cave, nether and ender music...
There is one which does ambiance noises, MAtmos, such as whistling wind, rustling leaves and such. Pretty neat mod, actually, it works based on various factors such as blocks here-and-there.

It might be possible to put end- and nether- and cave-music yourself, but you'd have to config it a bit.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #722 on: May 02, 2012, 11:38:46 am »

But will have to switch it manually then :).
Well set up a playlist, or start up pandora?

There is one which does ambiance noises, MAtmos, such as whistling wind, rustling leaves and such. Pretty neat mod, actually, it works based on various factors such as blocks here-and-there.

It might be possible to put end- and nether- and cave-music yourself, but you'd have to config it a bit.
Yeah Matmos looks interesting. I might use that as well

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #723 on: May 02, 2012, 02:35:16 pm »

I personally dislike Matmos though thats more of a problem with doing a lets play. I can't have some random bird in the background interrupting me. Also speaking of my lets play, video 6 is up.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #724 on: May 02, 2012, 02:37:36 pm »

I personally dislike Matmos though thats more of a problem with doing a lets play. I can't have some random bird in the background interrupting me. Also speaking of my lets play, video 6 is up.
Fortunately for my format this isn't a problem.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: May 02, 2012, 02:42:20 pm »

Re mystcraft and thaumcraft--I'm still using the pre-nerf, blight heavy Thaumcraft, so I'll have to give the new one a try.  Kind of a shame because I liked thinking of the blight as a vital challenge.  Strangely enough, some Myst worlds did have blight up the yin-yang, and some had wisps all over the place and tons of monoliths, but no silverwood.  Maybe I just never explored enough in the forest worlds?  I guess I should generate some before I give up.

Also about the cave worlds (which don't lag my ancient and terrible machine, even without optifine, which never seems to help my machine):
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #726 on: May 02, 2012, 02:43:38 pm »

Just FYI, the newest Thaumcraft2 un-nerfs taint and nerfs the sword of the zephyr a bit (no more flight) but adds a new flight item.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: May 02, 2012, 02:46:37 pm »

Is this thread about major mods or thaumcraft? Seriously.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: May 02, 2012, 02:49:06 pm »

This thread is for discussing Minecraft Mods.
Thaumcraft is a Minecraft Mod, it also happens to be one which requires quite a bit of discussion, as the author encourges a "find it out yourself" mentality, so meeting up and collating research is beneficial.

*Hugs*

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #729 on: May 02, 2012, 02:52:08 pm »

Is this thread about major mods or thaumcraft? Seriously.
Thaumcraft being a major mod, the answer to both your questions is 'Yes'. This thread is about major mods, one of which is Thaumcraft2. If you don't like it, perhaps suggest something else to discuss? I mean nobody is forcing you to read it.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #730 on: May 02, 2012, 02:59:45 pm »

Just in-case any of you shun the non-mod Minecraft thread:
Hey, FireUK has a video up for when they reached 100k subscribers and if they get 10k likes they will upload the map and the texture pack. They are already at over 7k likes already so if you haven't already go take a look and if you like then you should like.

The video is here

Also for those wanting info on the newest update of Thaumcraft
v2.1.4 (current)
- Loads of minor bugfixes and balance tweaks
- Unnerfed natural taint areas a bit
- Vastly improved the handling of the Flying Carpet
- Added some custom enchants
- The main ability of the Pickaxe of the Core has been toned down. Instead of breaking multiple blocks it instead automatically smelts any items you mine.
- Portal seals and void interfaces keep the chunk they are placed in loaded at all times. In addition two new seals have been added: Magic+Earth and Magic+Earth+Earth. These seals keeps a 3x3 and 5x5 area of chunks loaded around where they are placed.
- Boots speed boosts should work now... finally. All the boots also now allow you to step up 1 block without having to jump.
- Loads of new stuff as well ;)
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 03:01:28 pm by Akhier the Dragon hearted »
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #731 on: May 02, 2012, 03:01:02 pm »

Just in-case any of you shun the non-mod Minecraft thread:
Hey, FireUK has a video up for when they reached 100k subscribers and if they get 10k likes they will upload the map and the texture pack. They are already at over 7k likes already so if you haven't already go take a look and if you like then you should like.

The video is here
I saw that. Its a neat timelapse video, very cool.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: May 02, 2012, 03:08:41 pm »

Oi! Get your filthy vanilla talk out of this thread, you're ruining the wonderful flavours.

:P
*Hugs*

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: May 02, 2012, 03:18:34 pm »

Sounds like I'm sticking with my current version of Thaumcraft then, despite how cool the new features are.  The sword is my absolute favorite thing, and it gets me killed more than anything else in the world.  From the bottom of the chasm to the sky in a single swoop~!  And the current Pickaxe of the Core is awesome...even if it breaks all the time...What fun is a mining machine if you have to set it up each time, the pickaxe makes me feel like some primeval titan.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #734 on: May 02, 2012, 03:23:18 pm »

Yeah the new pickaxe just smelts ore as you mine, making it utterly useless to me aside from the wisp function. But the flying carpet is fun as hell.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 326