Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 326

Author Topic: Minecraft - Mods Thread  (Read 975828 times)

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - Major Mods Thread
« Reply #630 on: April 29, 2012, 05:54:53 pm »

Assuming that is what you are supposed to do, some recipes will require certain conditions
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
to be created in the infuser. If none exists, I recall it pulling in vis, but not getting anywhere, with the vis vanishing with a hissing noise.
There is no condition like that for the arcane furnace.
Well I'm confused now, because

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

AFAIK recipe is wrong, it uses an iron bar, not a block.

They may have changed it to a block for later versions, but the one you're using probably needs a bar. Haven't tried making one yet in 1.2.5.

Nope, the recipe is a block like he says (at least when I did it earlier this version and the last version), its possible that you are using a old version, and thus the recipe is incorrect, but if so, the vis shouldn't start flowing.

Yes, that's what I said.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: April 29, 2012, 06:21:03 pm »

Well the yogbox has thaumcraft 2, so I'm good. I have a question though. I dug a mineshaft, and am finding nothing but tainted crystals. Is that a sign that I should get out of there? That the air is already filled with taint?

And do crystals suck vis/taint out of the air? Will growing tain crystals and breaking them suck the taint out of the air?

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #632 on: April 29, 2012, 07:49:10 pm »

I believe vis crystals encourage natural growth of Vis in the local area, so I would think Taint crystals encourage natural growth of taint. With that said haivng a single taint crystal growing in your crystal farm probably won't turn your home into a hideous purple tumor, especially if you have a bunch of other crystals in it.

Also even though you're finding a ton of taint crystals, chances are there are even more non taint crystals hanging around in the chunk. It's hard to say anything for sure, but I would bet you're probably safe for now.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: April 29, 2012, 08:12:43 pm »

Hrm, I thought that crystals grew by feeding off vis and resupplied it when it was getting low.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: April 29, 2012, 08:50:36 pm »

Yeah, vis/taint crystals make more vis/taint in the area.
However the amount is pretty unnoticeable (unless you are making a massive crystal farm probably).

As for taint, its not really a threat even if you are in it (and even then only if its a massive patch), it can create some rather dangerous monsters if you don't have armor on or lack weapons, but its really not that bad.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: April 29, 2012, 09:14:38 pm »

Aaaaarg even the yogbox version of thaumcraft 2 isn't letting me make an arcane enchanter. I suck at and hate uploading pics so I will just explain it.

Crucible with plenty of vis in it, next to the infuser, with a fiery vis crystal, a block of iron, and a furnace.

I have also tried connecting the infuser to a vis tank full of vis, and via pipe. The vis was flowing through the pipe and wasn't blocked up with taint.

Someone help!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #636 on: April 29, 2012, 09:21:19 pm »

Aaaaarg even the yogbox version of thaumcraft 2 isn't letting me make an arcane enchanter. I suck at and hate uploading pics so I will just explain it.

Crucible with plenty of vis in it, next to the infuser, with a fiery vis crystal, a block of iron, and a furnace.

I have also tried connecting the infuser to a vis tank full of vis, and via pipe. The vis was flowing through the pipe and wasn't blocked up with taint.

Someone help!
you have researched the thaumic enchanter right?

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: April 29, 2012, 09:45:37 pm »

I was told it didn't need to be researched.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #638 on: April 29, 2012, 09:57:46 pm »

I have now uploaded my fifth video for my current Minecraft lets play. I don't know if the next video will be up in the next few days though seeing as I am now in the last week of this semester of college so exams are the disease and studying is my cure.

Video is here
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: April 29, 2012, 10:00:09 pm »

The arcane furnace (what he is probably talking about since he was talking about it a page or so ago) doesn't need to be researched.

The thaumic enchanter does.

Micro: Sorry about you sucking at uploading screenshots, but it sounds like that is the only way we will be able to figure out what your problem is, since it sounds like you are doing nearly everything right (but you probably have a single thing wrong).
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: April 29, 2012, 10:52:58 pm »

Well I just successfully made enchanted wood, so everything is connected correctly. Since the furnace + iron block + fiery crystal isn't working I guess I'm just going to have to cheat in an arcane furnace/enchanter.

Ok the recipe is an iron ingot, not a block. I don't know what that didn't work the first time I tried it, or why none of the technic mods are fully updated with thaumcraft 2, but problem solved!
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 10:56:49 pm by Micro102 »

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: April 29, 2012, 11:27:07 pm »

Well the yogbox has thaumcraft 2, so I'm good. I have a question though. I dug a mineshaft, and am finding nothing but tainted crystals. Is that a sign that I should get out of there? That the air is already filled with taint?

And do crystals suck vis/taint out of the air? Will growing tain crystals and breaking them suck the taint out of the air?

I was playing Yogbox too. It uses Thaumcraft 2, but not the latest version (2.0.2 which is the version compatible with Minecraft 1.2.3) which uses an iron bar. The latest is 2.1.3b and it requires an iron block.

I've since switched to Minecraft with the mods manually downloaded and added via MultiMC. I think some mods are holding Yogbox back, such as MineColony.

EDIT: Why doesn't anybody listen to me...?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 11:29:53 pm by Sergius »

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: April 29, 2012, 11:29:27 pm »

UCreepingBro? Is epic. Updated to the most recent as well. I loved mass-genociding Steves with my creeper-armies.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #643 on: April 29, 2012, 11:31:27 pm »

Thaumcraft just has a great setting, I've gotta say. I'm not sure how, what with not ext or plot or anything but every time I load it up it feels wrong if I don't make a huge wizard tower, preferably with pipes sticking out of it and winding between floors wildly.

EDIT: Wow, I found diamonds before I found coal in this world. Thank you strategically placed ravine.

EDIT2: Oh hey, mine diamond, creeper slides in on a water flow and explodes, which sends everything I own into the lava nearby. WELP.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 12:14:27 am by Seriyu »

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: April 29, 2012, 11:34:34 pm »

Thaumcraft just has a great setting, I've gotta say. I'm not sure how, what with not ext or plot or anything but every time I load it up it feels wrong if I don't make a huge wizard tower, preferably with pipes sticking out of it and winding between floors wildly.

I'm using this battle tower as my base..... If I only knew to not kill the boss with all those items still in the chests :(
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 326