Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 326

Author Topic: Minecraft - Mods Thread  (Read 975795 times)

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - Major Mods Thread
« Reply #585 on: April 28, 2012, 02:50:34 am »

let me know how you got mystcraft and millenaire to work together. Unless you just haven't tried going to a new age yet...

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: April 28, 2012, 02:57:13 am »

Er, haven't tried going to a new age yet with it enabled. Also optifine seems to be glitching up again with the usual texture bugs.
Hm, I started celebrating too soon it seems. Welp, back to headache land!

I'm satisfied with the current configuration. In a test world I made a pretty sweet 'age 50' with giant root-like snakes of logs spiraling around in the sky, an eerie green glow visible on the skyline in the eternal twilight. Then I noticed I had forgotten to make a linking book for the overworld.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 04:17:18 am by Peewee »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #587 on: April 28, 2012, 06:36:44 am »

woo, I finally have all of my mods working well I believe. That took some time!

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #588 on: April 28, 2012, 06:48:58 am »

Redpower Microblocks, they are awesome

Question: am I correct in my belief that these "Redpower Microblocks" are just the 1/2, 3/8, 1/4, 1/8 blocks you can get by using the Redpower handsaw on blocks?  They're not a replacement for the Little Blocks mod I asked about a few pages back?
Yeah, the microblocks are the ones you get by cutting up the blocks with the saw.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: April 28, 2012, 07:00:23 am »

I only wish the microblocks from redpower would be place-able anywhere, allowing for high detail structures.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: April 28, 2012, 07:02:56 am »

You already can place them more or less anywhere, the different sizes and orientations allow for that.
My cabbages!

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #591 on: April 28, 2012, 08:43:10 am »

You already can place them more or less anywhere, the different sizes and orientations allow for that.
No, No you can't. You can only place them so many ways and even then its persnickety about it.

Edit: I just realized that I posted my lets play update in the normal thread instead of here. With how many mods I use its probably better to post here so:
Video 2
Video 3
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 09:04:25 am by Akhier the Dragon hearted »
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: April 28, 2012, 09:03:24 am »

Short of having them shrunk down to each being a pixel in size and then being placed anywhere, I don't know what more you want. Minecraft is still based on 1x1m^2 blocks, there's only so much you can do with that.
My cabbages!

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: April 28, 2012, 09:25:53 am »

Short of having them shrunk down to each being a pixel in size and then being placed anywhere, I don't know what more you want. Minecraft is still based on 1x1m^2 blocks, there's only so much you can do with that.

Placed anywhere? Please post a pic of you making pyramid out of microblocks. Use at least 30 of them. Last time I checked, that was impossible. You could only place them on the corners of squares.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #594 on: April 28, 2012, 09:38:29 am »

Placed anywhere? Please post a pic of you making pyramid out of microblocks. Use at least 30 of them. Last time I checked, that was impossible. You could only place them on the corners of squares.

Redpower microblocks are 1/8 the size of normal blocks and can be placed in any of 2x2x2 positions inside a regular block. You cannot place them 'between' blocks because that is how minecraft's engine works. You can still get plenty of definition and decoration out of it as it increases the decorating possibilities. Also you can do paneling which is 1/16th of a block thick, which is nice. Panel your walls in wood while making them out of sturdy stone.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #595 on: April 28, 2012, 09:44:45 am »

Haha, after two days of headaches, I finally got a ton of 1.2.5 mods working together. Now to do something about that 10fps. Heh.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edit: Removed Millenaire, WR:CBE, and ExtraBiomes
You seem to have the Crafting Table 2 on that list. Where did you find an updated version of it? I would so like to use it in my lets play.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #596 on: April 28, 2012, 10:08:16 am »

[img here]
Redpower microblocks are 1/8 the size of normal blocks and can be placed in any of 2x2x2 positions inside a regular block. You cannot place them 'between' blocks because that is how minecraft's engine works. You can still get plenty of definition and decoration out of it as it increases the decorating possibilities. Also you can do paneling which is 1/16th of a block thick, which is nice. Panel your walls in wood while making them out of sturdy stone.
Well since you can do it then it was changed since the last time I fooled around with them.

Edit: Gah, double post...   Sorry about that I use email to keep up on threads and I must have posted before I got the email about the post before mine.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: April 28, 2012, 10:08:38 am »

Er, haven't tried going to a new age yet with it enabled. Also optifine seems to be glitching up again with the usual texture bugs.
Hm, I started celebrating too soon it seems. Welp, back to headache land!

I'm satisfied with the current configuration. In a test world I made a pretty sweet 'age 50' with giant root-like snakes of logs spiraling around in the sky, an eerie green glow visible on the skyline in the eternal twilight. Then I noticed I had forgotten to make a linking book for the overworld.

For some reason when I go to a new age while millenaire is installed, it spawns a bunch of broken villages around the spawn of the age and then spams the "Start the creation quest" message text on my screen. Plus the game basically freezes, most likely from the spam.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: April 28, 2012, 10:21:59 am »

(Decided to post in this thread, remove post in the other one)
My mods lets play: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3CA0ECB3B702409A&feature=plcp
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: April 28, 2012, 01:32:25 pm »

I've started playing my first feed the beast map (the new one for 1.2.5), it's pretty cool, although i died a lot at some point. I'm over 3 hours in and i only finished 2 items so far.

At some point i was thinking about creating a large sky island with deep ground by using lava and water but i think it would be a bad idea since it would make a place where mobs could spawn and offer little.
Oh also i managed to get pigs, sheep and chickens to spawn on a square of grass when i was working far away from it.

Still trying to wrap my head around all the mods that i don't know though. I've made a mob grinder similar to what i've seen in lets plays but i think it'd be even better if i could make one in the nether. Oh and i noticed that at least part of the map is in a snowy biome, which i'm not sure what to make of. Maybe i can use this to make ice blocks for my nether mob grinder.

oh well. Once i'm done with that i think i'll clean it all up and start a new game with mystcraft, thaumcraft2, EE2, IC2, Buildcraft, RedPower2 and maybe Forestry, and make themed Ages, ie only use one mod per age, plus some other ages for various things or ages where i mix two mods.
Hopefully mystcraft wont mess up with mod ressources.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 01:33:56 pm by Sirian »
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 326