Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 326

Author Topic: Minecraft - Mods Thread  (Read 975679 times)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - Major Mods Thread
« Reply #525 on: April 25, 2012, 04:33:41 pm »

Ok, I went to the options in technic pack, choose to always run the dev build, but the technic pack still had thaumcraft 1..... I don't get it  :-\

Nevermind, technic thought it would be funny to close and change it back to normal.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: April 25, 2012, 05:01:20 pm »

Can anyone help me troubleshoot the Technic stuff? Running the easy launcher, Technic pack, on the recommended build and everything. It just slowly builds up allotted memory and then crashes entirely, no debug window or anything. Is this the product of that old Optifine problem, or should I assume I somehow managed to screw up my download?
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: April 25, 2012, 05:04:49 pm »

How to taint an area in an instant

1. Get TMI.
2. Spawn in the block "tcbhidden". This is the block that makes up Eldritch Monoliths.
3. Activate creative mode.
4. Place and break the block for a metric fuckton of Taint.
5. ???
6. Tainted Everything!

If you don't want to cheat, i heard that you can also use two portal seals next to each other and just go through them over and over.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: April 25, 2012, 05:09:57 pm »

How to taint an area in an instant

1. Get TMI.
2. Spawn in the block "tcbhidden". This is the block that makes up Eldritch Monoliths.
3. Activate creative mode.
4. Place and break the block for a metric fuckton of Taint.
5. ???
6. Tainted Everything!

If you don't want to cheat, i heard that you can also use two portal seals next to each other and just go through them over and over.
This is an incredibly slow process last I checked. The Void Bracelet would probably cause a little more.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: April 25, 2012, 05:27:29 pm »

In 1.2.5, breaking a single half-full crucible made tainted blocks start spawning in my house.  Also, the big tainted area in the jungles near my house spread WAY faster than I could stop it, even with a few totems.  (I hear that jungles are generally real nasty for taint though.)
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: April 25, 2012, 05:30:13 pm »

So this looks pretty neat.

I'm primarily looking at the Redpower compatible Automated Crafting table.

Thank you for this!  Perfect timing, I was just wondering if I would need to install parts of BC just to get an autocrafting table.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: April 25, 2012, 05:52:33 pm »

Yeah, Auto crafting was the only reason I actually used Buildcraft anymore, now I can remove it's laggy ass from my game.
*Hugs*

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: April 25, 2012, 06:00:13 pm »

I've been trying to construct a nice MineColony, and I found out the following things:

Builder is awesome. Not for the MC buildings, but because you can make a library of blueprint files and have him do all the buildings (I made a tower in Creative, had a Builder scan it, opened it in the UnOfficial editor for some tweaks... and now in my main world/Colony, I had a Builder make it from materials I was supplying to him). He's also great for building down from suspended constructions (normally impossible unless you can fly, or make some big ass column from the ground below).

Miner sucks, because:
- He'll make an impossible to navigate MAZE of narrow, narrow tunnels that look exactly the same.
- Won't go below a certain height to get to the juicier ores. I have only given him a stone pickaxe because he goes thru them like nothing... I'm afraid if I give him an iron pickaxe he'll waste it getting MORE cobblestone. (Unless I got it wrong and he's waiting for his iron pickaxe before venturing deeper?)
- Apparently doesn't even mine anymore. I have no idea what pattern he has for making the tunnels but I assume it's fixed (so if I send him back down he doesn't make overlapping mazes, just keeps expanding. Even a freshly spawned Miner will just walk really slowly thru the existing corridors without mining). So my Miner has already been used up, or something.
- Well, he doesn't mine cinnabar. I suppose there's an easy fix for that in some config... what worries me if he doesn't recognize a certain ore, it'll become an obstacle for him and mess his pathfinding.

All others: Meh. Maybe I can build a bank and buy a ton of ingots? I don't even know if they're ore ingots for crafting or some useless MC currency. I also think you can only sell ingots to him, not buy.

EDIT: I'm considering ditching Yogbox and all its major mods except for ThaumCraft 2... all those NPCs are starting to really upset me. I'll probably keep a lot of the minor mods like Xp chest and Decapitator :D Haven't messed much with Battle Towers or the Better Dungeons (I hate when that big temple thing with tons of free iron and gold blocks spawns :P) so I don't know if I should keep 'em or not. Mo' Creatures is nice tho.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 06:13:29 pm by Sergius »

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: April 25, 2012, 06:46:05 pm »

In 1.2.5, breaking a single half-full crucible made tainted blocks start spawning in my house.  Also, the big tainted area in the jungles near my house spread WAY faster than I could stop it, even with a few totems.  (I hear that jungles are generally real nasty for taint though.)
I am pretty sure that there are two 1.2.5 thaumcrafts, one pre-nerf, and the current one is post nerf, but both are 1.2.5.

Yeah, totems of the dawn are pretty useless, the area they cover is so small, that it takes like 4 to cover a tiny tunnel entrance, and trying to cover a side of a chunk is impossible.
Post nerf, most of the things you describe won't happen, taint doesn't really spread, and you can spew tons of taint into the atmosphere and be fine (disclaimer, I always set up my base near at least 1 silverwood tree, its entirely possible that its different if you aren't at one).
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: April 25, 2012, 08:28:05 pm »

Which version is pre-nerf or post-nerf?

Is Thaumcraft 2 post-nerf?
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: April 25, 2012, 10:26:04 pm »

The nerf is a nerf on taint (AKA pretty bad stuff).
It occurs in version 2.1.3, which equates to version 1.2.5 in minecraft (but, I believe that 2.1.2 is also 1.2.5, so they are both 1.2.5 minecraft).

For a few versions (or so I have heard anyways) taint is a ravaging monster, and even a few squares can grow to expand dozens of chunks, expanding too rapidly for you to do anything about, the countermeasures are impotent, and once its gotten into a area you can't get it out. The best course of action (assuming your not willing to live in the taint, which you can actually do as long as you have sufficient base defense runes and your house is all made out of constructed materials) is to pick up your stuff, find another location for a house at least a dozen chunks away so the taint won't spread there since the taint won't be in active chunks.
In the current version, taint basically stays in the original chunk, and to create new taint requires a difficult concerted effort, and even original taint can shrink and die.

And for what it's worth thaumcraft two is leaps and bounds better then thaumcraft 1 in my opinion, but requires more of a focus (due to all the research you have to do).
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #536 on: April 25, 2012, 10:28:07 pm »

Thats boring. Is there any config setting that can be changed or something to make taint actually matter?
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: April 25, 2012, 10:51:59 pm »

I think if you wait for a few more version then it will be buffed back up a little (but not so much as it was I suspect, or mabey have a option to actually be threatening).

Your other options are A) go back to pre-nerfed version (which does undo some nice fixes and changes). B) wait till its buffed again till playing it again C) change
# How often tainted chunks spawn at world creation: 0 = none, 1 = default, 2 = common and with high taint levels
   aura.taintspawn=1
From 1->2 (its in the thaumcraft config file), it won't make taint fundamentally threatening again, but you will be able to find more of it again.

I have to reconsider my comment on totems. They are actually very useful in reducing taint value in the atmosphere, but they are useless for stopping taint invasions, and act as useless barriers (due to only covering a 5x5 area). Pre-nerf they are useless as well since taint grows so fast, and covering a 100x5 area to stop it approaching takes 20 totems. Post-nerf they are pointless since taint isn't actually a threat.

I also really love the runes. Having automatic anti-monster defenses covering a dozen squares in front of your entrance (so you no longer really need a door), having your farm grow reeds at twice or triple speed, harvest them automatically, and then suck up the rewards into a nearby chest, as well as killing anything that gets near and attempts to disturb your construction, without that insane complexity that a similar system would require in another mod (and hassle free as well).

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #538 on: April 26, 2012, 01:45:06 am »

I started up my Minecraft lets play again. Posting here as I am playing it heavily modded. Just check what Direwolf is using and add a few mods to get what I mean. Or of course you could check the thread I made where it has a link to Direwolfs thread on the Minecraft forum where he lays out all his mods and also a list with links to all the mods above and beyond what he has that I am using. Anyway here is a Link to the first video.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: April 26, 2012, 10:55:07 am »

The Philosopher's Mine
So we all know the wonderful property sand and gravel have of breaking into their block type when they fall from one square above a torch, right? Well did you also know the philosopher's stone was capable of converting stone into dirt, which it can then convert to sand?

Simply dig underneath the area you want to excavate and blanket the ground with torches, once ready, set the philosopher's stone to transmute in a line and charge it to max. Once done, look directly up and shift-rightclick on the stone to convert it all to dirt, then stand up and pucker up, because shit's about to get scary. Once you're ready, right click on the dirt to convert it all into sand, which will proceed to cascade down around you and break on the torches, this will leave all the ores floating nicely in the open to be harvested at your leisure.

This has been a Yuuko Hayashi public service announcement.
*Hugs*
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 326