Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 326

Author Topic: Minecraft - Mods Thread  (Read 975582 times)

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - Major Mods Thread
« Reply #480 on: April 23, 2012, 07:04:42 pm »

ahahahahahahahahahaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

ComputerCraft is now updated to 1.2.5!
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #481 on: April 23, 2012, 09:17:15 pm »

Just found out that this entire post was dedicated to a bug with terrafirmacraft, rather then the modpack. If you're getting invisible water, just switch from fancy to fast graphics, and problem solved.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 09:56:45 pm by Seriyu »

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: April 23, 2012, 09:41:53 pm »

Time for Minecraft Mechwarrior!

So, these drives don't require friction with terrain, right? So now we have another way to have airship/crawler battles on Tekkit multiplayer servers!

No turning (obviously), so omnidirectional armament will be necessary. I see a few basic forms of weapons:

Dispensers (antipersonell) Does dynamite work in this? (Weaponmod or IC2)? Do Arcane Singularities? If so, they would make decent grenade launchers.

TNT/derivative cannons: Long range and destructive but takes skill and complex placement due to balistics.

Arcane Bores: Devastating, short ranged.

Any other ideas?

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: April 24, 2012, 01:16:12 am »

Just make a Hrothgar dropship and use TNT cannons out of deployers  :P
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: April 24, 2012, 01:33:26 am »

To pick up the stuff from the TC2 bore with redpower tubes, use a relay. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=kRv2shv-yq4#t=1153s

And yes, there is a Vis to Bluetricity converter called the Thaumic Generator. It also generated buildcraft MJ and IC2 energy
The problem is that the bore turns off while the frames are moving and it drops all the items in it's beam. I think it picks some of them up again when it turns back on but a number are missed. I was using transposers to grab these. I could solve this problem by letting the bore to mine all within it's reach, then turn the bore off, and have the machine move forward as many times as possible before turning it on again. I think I'm just going to settle for block breakers even if it is a little more complex.

As for using those Thaumix Generators I'm going to have to do a load of tests to see if they're worth it. Feeding them using lots of cobblestone isn't a bad idea but I worry about the taint.

My main issue at the moment is that I can't find a nice place for my new base. In my pre RP2 world I had everything I needed in a site. A silverwood tree on a hill by a few monoliths with easy access to each biome and even a chasm that made initial mining easy. No such luck on the current map.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #485 on: April 24, 2012, 01:48:41 am »

I found a dungeon with nothing in it. Is.... Is that even supposed to be able to happen?  ???

I mean at least there was some sphalerite nearby but I had no idea that could happen. Huh.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: April 24, 2012, 01:57:38 am »

Anyone know if either Redpower pr5 or Twilight forest do anything to diamond frequency? After installing those two, I can't for the life of me find ANY diamonds.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: April 24, 2012, 02:24:48 am »

I found a dungeon with nothing in it. Is.... Is that even supposed to be able to happen?  ???

I mean at least there was some sphalerite nearby but I had no idea that could happen. Huh.

Sphalerite?

Let me guess.. TFCraft?
I havent encountered any dungeons so far with that mod.
Maybe it's because I never really get the world gen I want to keep.  ???

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: April 24, 2012, 02:38:46 am »

It's probably just you getting rotten luck.

The problem is that the bore turns off while the frames are moving and it drops all the items in it's beam. I think it picks some of them up again when it turns back on but a number are missed. I was using transposers to grab these. I could solve this problem by letting the bore to mine all within it's reach, then turn the bore off, and have the machine move forward as many times as possible before turning it on again. I think I'm just going to settle for block breakers even if it is a little more complex.

As for using those Thaumix Generators I'm going to have to do a load of tests to see if they're worth it. Feeding them using lots of cobblestone isn't a bad idea but I worry about the taint.

My main issue at the moment is that I can't find a nice place for my new base. In my pre RP2 world I had everything I needed in a site. A silverwood tree on a hill by a few monoliths with easy access to each biome and even a chasm that made initial mining easy. No such luck on the current map.
As long as it's moving I doubt the taint is really an issue, you could probably just dump it all (by hooking it up to a dozen seperate filters) without any problems at all, it would slightly raise the taint in the area it's in at the moment, but I don't think thats that big of a issue.

Also, unless silverwood trees don't work if moved (and they do appear to work from my very limited testing consisting of making the roof of my base out of silverwood trees+leaves), I see nothing preventing you from just going over to where one is, shearing the leaves off (since I think they are what reduce the taint/helps the aura), cutting the tree down, and relocating the entire thing wherever you want it (and since that is the hardest thing to find a sufficent quantity of in proximity, that should ease the restrictions quite a bit).

EDIT:Also, keep in mind that a fully upgraded crucible produces significantly less taint and more vis, even more so if it has a thaumic furnice burning under it (at maximum maximized, for example instead of producing 3 vis 3 taint, it would produce 5 vis 1 taint).
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 02:50:43 am by lemon10 »
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #489 on: April 24, 2012, 02:46:51 am »

Yeah, prolly. I've found dungeons with stuff in them before with TFcraft installed, must've just been a mixup.

Sphalerite?

Let me guess.. TFCraft?
I havent encountered any dungeons so far with that mod.
Maybe it's because I never really get the world gen I want to keep.  ???

Yep! TFCraft. As a note if you're trying to find some kind of "perfect site" with all the ore types you need nearby, you're prolly better off just starting near some zinc or tin (something you can melt in a firepit), because the ore in TFcraft is veeeeeerry spaced out. You'll need to do some travelling irregardless of the starting point.

If you're just looking for interesting geography or somethin nevermind. :P

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: April 24, 2012, 02:49:19 am »

If you're just looking for interesting geography or somethin nevermind. :P

Exactly this.
Mostly because I hate fixing every single village I encounter.
And I always get the urge to fix them whenever I see them.

Why must they be so.. flawed?
Their roads, lightposts and lack of common sense?

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: April 24, 2012, 06:49:08 am »

EDIT:Also, keep in mind that a fully upgraded crucible produces significantly less taint and more vis, even more so if it has a thaumic furnice burning under it (at maximum maximized, for example instead of producing 3 vis 3 taint, it would produce 5 vis 1 taint).

Anyone knows what the best layout for a crucible/arcane furnace/bellows is btw ? i've been using something like this :
   B           B       
B C B => B F B =>  °
  ||          /

Where B = bellows, C = crucible, || is a vis conduit, => goes one level below, F is an arcane furnace, / is a lever, and ° is a vertical vis conduit (feeding vis to the arcane furnace from below).

So basically i have 3 bellows around the crucible and 3 around the furnace, and i'm wondering if it's possible to have more somehow.

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: April 24, 2012, 12:38:52 pm »

Anyone know if either Redpower pr5 or Twilight forest do anything to diamond frequency? After installing those two, I can't for the life of me find ANY diamonds.

You could find out if there are any with a utility that probes the map data.  E.g. the newest unofficial Cartograph.  Forum postDownload

When you render the map, it also gives you a textfile with the number of blocks of air, stone, grass, dirt, ... diamond ore, ...

Be advised that this tool doesn't render or count unofficial mod-added blocks.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #493 on: April 24, 2012, 12:44:32 pm »

Anyone knows what the best layout for a crucible/arcane furnace/bellows is btw ? i've been using something like this :
   B           B       
B C B => B F B =>  °
  ||          /

Where B = bellows, C = crucible, || is a vis conduit, => goes one level below, F is an arcane furnace, / is a lever, and ° is a vertical vis conduit (feeding vis to the arcane furnace from below).

So basically i have 3 bellows around the crucible and 3 around the furnace, and i'm wondering if it's possible to have more somehow.
You could fit another bellows in if you don't care about the furnace being on all the time. I mean charcoal isn't terribly hard to get. Toss a stack of wood in the furnace once in a while and then put that charcoal right nto the fuel slot.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: April 24, 2012, 02:04:25 pm »

Man, getting the repairer makes this game actually playable.

My Sword of the Zephyr is the best thing ever, it may suck at hitting things (= unenchanted iron sword) but I use it constantly to get around faster and to vault myself out of my chasm.  Of course I've died from my sword more than from anything else, but still.

Finding a Pickaxe of the Core in a chest like ten minutes into this current world made life a lot more bearable, of course it needs the repairer to be worthwhile.

I use the duplicator on lilypads, of all things.

I'm only now starting to get hardly any of the upgrades, so of course my taint levels are super high.  I'm wondering if I could purge it by creating a forced loop through a purifier, that wacky thing you make out of like a whole silverwood tree:
- Use an upgraded valve to suck only taint into the loop
- Use a pump or two to force it to keep going around
- Put a purifier in, so a little taint gets erased from existence each time through
- Profit?

My sugar farm is not nearly big enough at the moment, though.  I'm thinking that I might pursue a giant piston-based farm instead.

Also, it seems like my arcane bore doesn't harvest enough minerals to pay for its own keep...even at depth=15, I don't think I've ever seen it pick up any redstone or lapis or diamonds in like five full charges.  Thankfully they are cheap, but still!
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 326