Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 326

Author Topic: Minecraft - Mods Thread  (Read 975107 times)

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - Major Mods Thread
« Reply #210 on: April 16, 2012, 03:57:36 pm »

The magic seals only affect vis-using machines, like the repairer and crystallizer.
it was probably just a fluke, calm down.
Nope, its not a fluke. ALL SEALS no matter the type will cause some taint charge when used. Some seals like the portals cause a lot of taint, some don't cause much at all, but they will all cause a little.

So.. can seals be placed on totems?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #211 on: April 16, 2012, 04:09:00 pm »

The magic seals only affect vis-using machines, like the repairer and crystallizer.
it was probably just a fluke, calm down.
Nope, its not a fluke. ALL SEALS no matter the type will cause some taint charge when used. Some seals like the portals cause a lot of taint, some don't cause much at all, but they will all cause a little.

So.. can seals be placed on totems?
I have no idea actually. Never tried it.

I do know that if you try to move a seal via a piston on the block its attached to, either the piston won't move it or the seal will fall off losing all essence.

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: April 16, 2012, 04:23:24 pm »

I wish IC2 and RP would hurry up and update.

I really want to get into modding minecraft, does anyone know of any decent guides and tutorials to starting?

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: April 16, 2012, 04:29:04 pm »

Uh, why does Modloader crash my game? When I install it and play minecraft, I get a Black Screen. Yes I did delete the Meta-Inf

Nevermind I'm just stupid.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 04:32:27 pm by Johnfalcon99977 »
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: April 16, 2012, 08:06:02 pm »

I wish IC2 and RP would hurry up and update.

Yeah. They're probably the ones spamming my Forge with incompatibility warnings, since supposedly, Computercraft 1.2.4 is also compatible with 1.2.5.

Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: April 16, 2012, 10:48:33 pm »

...wait, you mean feeding books in as research fuel?  We're gonna need a bigger sugarcane farm~.  It's tempting to make one of those big fancy automated ones, but they're always more effort than it's worth (and running around hacking sugarcane to bits is so cathartic).

My best manual sugarcane farm: first, get a ton of lily pads.
Find a large flat area (deserts are nice for this). Make a hole, put 4 canes around it.
Make more holes, move like the Knight in chess (2 south, one east, etc) so you end with this:
Code: [Select]
##w##
w####
###w#
#w###
####w
##w##

And so on.

Now put a lily pad in each water block so you can walk over them, flat.

On harvest day, just keep your head perfectly level at the middle cane and keep the attack button pressed and just chop away! :D

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: April 16, 2012, 11:02:33 pm »

I would like to warn anyone who uses Thaumcraft.
If you get the
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

do not use them if your house is made of wood and/or wool.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: April 17, 2012, 12:16:40 am »

Minecraft 1.2.5, Technic Pack with newest (non-recommended) mods as of today.

The seed 1436135962695966265 spawns you next to a normal village, Millenaire village, two things I presume are related to Thaumcraft, and a bunch of other goodies.

The blacksmith chest has lots of interesting things I've never seen before. There were a handful of artifacts that I have no idea what to do with.

Scratch that. The Millenaire village isn't there on subsequent generations. Too bad, I liked that save.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 12:55:40 am by Mephisto »

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: April 17, 2012, 01:46:07 am »

Thaumcraft sounds and looks really interesting. Might be time for another single player world.

Now put a lily pad in each water block so you can walk over them, flat.
Genius!
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: April 17, 2012, 01:21:04 pm »

The seed 1436135962695966265 spawns you next to a normal village, Millenaire village, two things I presume are related to Thaumcraft, and a bunch of other goodies.

The blacksmith chest has lots of interesting things I've never seen before. There were a handful of artifacts that I have no idea what to do with.

Scratch that. The Millenaire village isn't there on subsequent generations. Too bad, I liked that save.

You managed to get in the game with all mods? on 1.2.5. 7.0.0?
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Smitehappy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: April 17, 2012, 01:22:52 pm »

Thaumcraft sounds and looks really interesting. Might be time for another single player world.

I love Thuamcraft. The research system is a clever and novel way to incrementally give new items to the player without them needing to memorize recipes off the wiki and ruin the surprise. Adds a sense of wonder to research, instead of just chucking things onto a crafting table.

With Twilight Forest (Another great mod) installed I've been making trips to the Twilight realm where there's a towering manor castle. Filled with monsters (And spawners) but worth it to raid the libraries for books. Books are a great research resource and it fits thematically. Raiding the forgotten libraries of an abandoned complex in a realm of eternal twilight in order to unlock secrets of Thaum is why I love mods.
Interestingly, Armok's name actually originates from arm_ok, a variable in one of Toady's earlier games that kept track of how many of your arms weren't missing.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: April 17, 2012, 02:00:14 pm »

Smitehappy does it gel well with that other mod otherwise? Might have to install them both. Will have to do a load of texturing to make them both fix my texture pack but Thuamcraft has been requested plenty enough already.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Smitehappy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: April 17, 2012, 02:06:49 pm »

The Twilight and Thaum will fit with most of the darker textures parks like dokucraft or oddcraft (One of my favorite) but I haven't played alot with the lighter textures. There's no ID conflict with Thaumcraft and Twilight realm. Twilight is defiantly worth the effort as it's really cohesive and high quality.
Interestingly, Armok's name actually originates from arm_ok, a variable in one of Toady's earlier games that kept track of how many of your arms weren't missing.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: April 17, 2012, 02:10:58 pm »

Ooh, I'll look into twilight realm.

Also for some reason I didn't know you could harvest lily pads, only break them.  Sweet.  Can you grow more?
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: April 17, 2012, 03:27:40 pm »

You managed to get in the game with all mods? on 1.2.5. 7.0.0?

Managed? I ran the launcher and told it to always use development builds. I ran the game and it worked.

There is some odd graphical corruption now and then, but it's just cosmetic. Pigs that are just floating pig heads, testificates with no arms, sheep with no faces, iron golems made up of random textures, junk like that. Quitting and relaunching fixes it.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 326