Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 326

Author Topic: Minecraft - Mods Thread  (Read 974937 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Minecraft - Major Mods Thread
« Reply #105 on: April 11, 2012, 02:01:24 pm »

I think once everything settles down to 1.2.5 I'll do my modpack manually and make it with that thing at the same time, see what the results are.

Would be nice if it fished through the config files and worked out block ID's then output a list

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 11, 2012, 02:39:47 pm »

If you hand on the technic pack forum there is a patch to forestry mod 1.2.5 also explain how to use the patch, simply have to sintall it manually alondside technic pack, also note for those who fail to update its because the launcher use Java 7 you need to tall it to use hava 6 by making a batch file with that
mkdir %APPDATA%\.techniclauncher\rtemp
"C:\Program Files (x86)\java\jre6\bin\java.exe" -Xmx1G -jar %APPDATA%\.techniclauncher\technic-launcher.jar
pause

just make sure of java where it is programfiles for 32bits system or programfiles(x)86 for 64 system.

Link for forestry patch

http://forums.technicpack.net/index.php/topic,7034.0.html

Please note i dont know why but i cannot start the game once patching is done. I dont know why you may get the same problem ( 7.0.0 1.2.5 dev build )
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 11, 2012, 05:25:02 pm »

I'm requesting that Smart Moving be added to this list, simply because it is awesome. I find it hard to play Minecraft without it, in fact.

Check it out if you want proof of the awesome.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 11, 2012, 05:32:27 pm »

I'm requesting that you shut up!
Nyeh!

But yeah, Smart Moving's epic, I shall add it posthaste.
*Hugs*

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #109 on: April 11, 2012, 06:21:57 pm »

Thaumcraft 2 has just updated to 1.2.5 if anyone is interested. New mechanics and items as well.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 11, 2012, 06:25:13 pm »

YAY, I've been waiting for that.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 11, 2012, 06:30:11 pm »

Opdated the UP.

Udpated the PO

I've thinged the thing with the thingy.
*Hugs*

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 12, 2012, 05:04:37 am »

I'm still raging about exploding bees.
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 12, 2012, 07:06:11 am »

I think it was bloody hilarous.

But let's try and keep the drama out of this thread.
*Hugs*

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #114 on: April 12, 2012, 10:51:48 am »

exploding bees?
*queries*
question: how do you harvest hives? i'm sure there has to be a tool out there.

btw: I managed to enter my first eldricht vault. the problem? I had only one bucket of water... -.-'

pps: i'm also posting to watch this thread obviously!
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 12, 2012, 11:10:05 am »

You craft a scoop thusly.
Code: [Select]
SWS
SSS
OSO
S = Stick
W = Wool
O = Nothing
*Hugs*

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #116 on: April 12, 2012, 11:18:22 am »

wait, aren't scoop used for...never mind. Thanks!  :)
by the way, I'm leaving this as a help for those who play the mod which adds the Oil resource (can't recall which is): don't waste time on the oil found in the ocean, it's really not as big as it seems. Search in land, and, by the way, you can also try scouting by plunging inside of it, since it actually creates a *cave* filled with oil, you might find goodies if you let it empty a bit. (or even a way to a chasm or similar)
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #117 on: April 12, 2012, 11:20:13 am »

wait, aren't scoop used for...never mind. Thanks!  :)
by the way, I'm leaving this as a help for those who play the mod which adds the Oil resource (can't recall which is): don't waste time on the oil found in the ocean, it's really not as big as it seems. Search in land, and, by the way, you can also try scouting by plunging inside of it, since it actually creates a *cave* filled with oil, you might find goodies if you let it empty a bit. (or even a way to a chasm or similar)
assuming you don't drown... some oil wells can be huge.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #118 on: April 12, 2012, 12:32:12 pm »

yeah, that's why I suggested waiting a bit for the pump to do it's work and empty some of the fuel *cells* nearby. once it's starting to lower, you can start seeing.

I recall trying to play on a robinson crusoe island, with an enormous oil deposit. I placed the pump, used it to power the quarries and so on, and it was so huge, it actually had a lake of itself on the upper branches of the rubber tree (old version) AND underground. The pump went down to the lake underneath. I slipped while placing stuff next to it, thinking the pump was a solid cube. Ended up falling down a lot of Z level into oil.
Finished into a ravine.
which was then breached only hours later by the quarry who had the engine on red mode by the time I turned it off. Did I mention I was without tools to dig my way out?...it was fun however.
XD

That said, I can't wait to see another update on your rp-heavy image discussion Forsaken! maybe a magic VS science thing when an unknown enemy starts throwing at you Turtle bots with programmed bombing runs...or worst: VON NEUMANN TURTLES!

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 12, 2012, 03:00:10 pm »

Whats the server you all keep talking about that uses Technic? Can I get a link?
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 326