Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 326

Author Topic: Minecraft - Mods Thread  (Read 974841 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Minecraft - Major Mods Thread
« Reply #60 on: April 05, 2012, 09:00:07 am »

Probably my post came over harsher than I intended. Personally I don't know of one.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 05, 2012, 11:16:53 am »

Its ok I forgive you.

I should've just tried google, in hindsight. I'm just going to use that now.

Edit: Well, I tired googling it, but the only good mod with a Sky Island Generator has been dead since Beta 1.7.3, and 'Biospheres' is not the kind of thing I'm looking for. The source been released for it, but good luck to anyone trying to update it to 1.2.3.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 02:38:04 pm by Johnfalcon99977 »
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 05, 2012, 03:20:31 pm »

Its ok I forgive you.

Edit: Well, I tired googling it, but the only good mod with a Sky Island Generator has been dead since Beta 1.7.3, and 'Biospheres' is not the kind of thing I'm looking for. The source been released for it, but good luck to anyone trying to update it to 1.2.3.

Roll back to minecraft 1.7.3, make a world, put it in 2.5 minecraft minecraft. Should work, right?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #63 on: April 05, 2012, 03:23:01 pm »

Its ok I forgive you.

Roll back to minecraft 1.7.3, make a world, put it in 2.5 minecraft minecraft. Should work, right?
Well.. sort of? It might work for the initial chunks around the spawn but as he moved out it would generate 'normal' land elsewhere

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 05, 2012, 04:36:22 pm »

Its ok I forgive you.

Well.. sort of? It might work for the initial chunks around the spawn but as he moved out it would generate 'normal' land elsewhere

Then walk around to your hearts content.Discover an entire map, or 9, or the world.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #65 on: April 05, 2012, 04:44:18 pm »

The other issue is that mod-specific ores like copper/tin won't spawn either. Same for things like gems from Redpower, volcanos, basalt/marble... etc

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 05, 2012, 06:07:11 pm »

Even if there was a mod that generated sky islands, I doubt it would be compatible with other mod map generators. Unless the sky islands were made by carving out 80% of the ground. But then you lose the deeper metals, and anything with grass will have to be on the same Y level.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 05, 2012, 09:01:01 pm »

I love how right as I looked into this thread and saw some mods I'd like to install, WHOOPS Minecraft update, all mods invalid until further notice.

Man that's annoying.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #68 on: April 05, 2012, 09:03:14 pm »

Tell me about it... I can't wait until they get this mod API worked out

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #69 on: April 05, 2012, 09:07:00 pm »

I'm just going to fall back on something I said in the Minecraft thread:
Of all the mods I play Vanilla is one of the more annoying ones because every time it is updated it breaks its compatibility with my other mods.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 05, 2012, 09:48:32 pm »

So I got the Technic launcher and was messing around a bit. I spawned on a basalt volcano. yessss

I have a question, though: what's this basalt cobblestone good for? It looks like it can't be used for regular cobblestone purposes, and if I try to use NEI to find out, it flashes to "Saving chunks" and then crashes.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 05, 2012, 09:58:32 pm »

It looks baller.

Well okay it doesn't, but having a dark stone is handy even if the texture is bad.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 05, 2012, 10:13:44 pm »

I love how right as I looked into this thread and saw some mods I'd like to install, WHOOPS Minecraft update, all mods invalid until further notice.

Man that's annoying.
Recently discovered Thaumcraft. Researching eldritch secrets, crafting magical wards, screwing with the very balance of life in an area?

OOPS OLD VERSION, come back in a week. :I

Still less tragic than finding out the SMP version has been postponed until the modding API comes out, though. I totally wanted a lush but inefficient paradise near a friend's tainted, powermad wasteland. :(
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 06, 2012, 05:57:42 am »

So I got the Technic launcher and was messing around a bit. I spawned on a basalt volcano. yessss

I have a question, though: what's this basalt cobblestone good for? It looks like it can't be used for regular cobblestone purposes, and if I try to use NEI to find out, it flashes to "Saving chunks" and then crashes.
It's just for building with, you can smelt it into regular basalt as well.
*Hugs*

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 06, 2012, 06:06:57 am »

Man that's annoying.
Recently discovered Thaumcraft. Researching eldritch secrets, crafting magical wards, screwing with the very balance of life in an area?

OOPS OLD VERSION, come back in a week. :I

Still less tragic than finding out the SMP version has been postponed until the modding API comes out, though. I totally wanted a lush but inefficient paradise near a friend's tainted, powermad wasteland. :(

Modding API has become like minecraft's episode 3, im afraid :(

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 326