Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 326

Author Topic: Minecraft - Mods Thread  (Read 976200 times)

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
Re: Minecraft - Major Mods Thread
« Reply #870 on: May 07, 2012, 02:42:00 pm »

Yeah, pretty much all of the tools have been nerfed haven't they?

I don't think the axe of the stream even lets you grow stuff any more.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: May 07, 2012, 02:45:11 pm »

(all glory to the Sword of the Zephyr).
Guessing you haven't updated Thaumcraft yet? Sword no longer lets you fly.
Which is why I haven't updated.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: May 07, 2012, 02:47:14 pm »

Ooh, useful spoilers!  A little too numbery for me.  I'm actually not too sure it's accurate either, because
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
More mystcraft spoilers.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

What's this about the sword not letting you fly? Is 2.1.4 not the most recent version? I ask because I found one in a dungeon and could fly with it, though it's quite challenging compared to the EE ring...
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 02:54:27 pm by Peewee »

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: May 07, 2012, 02:50:19 pm »

That was moved to the new shovel. Honestly, Sword of the Zephyr was a bit much, even if the durability went down fast when flying. As is though, it's not all that useful either. I haven't gotten to play with the new magic carpet yet. Hoping it'll take over where the Zephyr lost out.

Fakeedit: The sword of the Zephyr gives you a nice big hop now. I believe you can hop again before touching the ground, but there's a significant cooldown on it unlike previous versions.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #874 on: May 07, 2012, 03:03:17 pm »

That was moved to the shovel. The axe now sucks items in from a longer distance when right clicked.

Shovel: Digs out lots of dirt, acts like bonemeal on rightclick
Pick: Digs out lots of stone, right click releases ore-seeking wisp
Axe: Chops down all connected similar wood blocks, right click draws in items.
Sword: On hit causes chain lightning to nearby hostiles, right click pulls enemies to you.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: May 07, 2012, 03:11:51 pm »

Ooh, that shovel is going to be useful for mushroom farms.

Significant cooldown huh?  I liked being able to point the sword straight up to get out of monoliths (or failing Mystcraft ages), though it often takes like 5 clicks with the early 1.2.5 version.  And it does definitely give you a smaller hop while you're in midair, or swimming; it is quite a lot of effort to fly, but leaping from the ground to your roof is quite possible (if likely to be painful).  Skylands is hideously dangerous.  I for one haven't found durability to be a problem though; I carry like three Pickaxes of the Core and only one sword.  Also, it seems like right-clicking the sword (my version anyway) while in midair in any direction can prevent falling damage; even straight down.  Makes it easy to get into obelisks, too.  Click before you splat.

Does anyone know if there's a simple "colored torch" mod?  Preferably an easily multiplayer-friendly one?  I used to use wool to mark my mineshafts, with two pieces along a wall or floor:  Blue means "this way home", red means "dead end / fully explored", yellow means "Unexplored and I will do this later", white means "I'm exploring this way right now".  It would be nice to have torches instead, and either color them with dye or maybe even just right-click them.  My friends like to use "torch on the right wall", which works, until you find big rooms with six entrances or loops.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 03:15:14 pm by Sowelu »
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: May 07, 2012, 03:25:08 pm »

You are missing a few:
Pick+Shovel+void crusher+reagents=Elemental crusher:  Acts like the old pick did, and can dig a 3x3 patch of dirt as well, has better then diamond durability.
Sword+Axe+void cutter+reagents=Elemental cutter: Acts like axe, does at least diamond damage, slows enemies on hit (seems to slow down/stop creeper explosions), and seems to slow rate of falling (but can't fly like the sword can at all), and better then diamond durability.

Fakeedit: The sword of the Zephyr gives you a nice big hop now. I believe you can hop again before touching the ground, but there's a significant cooldown on it unlike previous versions.
You can still use it to fly, but it goes much slower and is much less maneuverable.

EDIT:
I would strongly reccomend that you upgrade to the new version if you haven't already.
There are a few nerfs, but the new items and buffs make up for it (eg. running speed on boots was nerfed a bit, but they gain the ability to automatically step up single blocks).
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 03:30:24 pm by lemon10 »
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #877 on: May 07, 2012, 03:31:00 pm »

You are missing a few:
Pick+Shovel+void crusher+reagents=Elemental crusher:  Acts like the old pick did, and can dig a 3x3 patch of dirt as well, has better then diamond durability.
Sword+Axe+void cutter+reagents=Elemental cutter: Acts like axe, does at least diamond damage, slows enemies on hit (seems to slow down/stop creeper explosions), and seems to slow rate of falling (but can't fly like the sword can at all), and better then diamond durability.

You can still use it to fly, but it goes much slower and is much less maneuverable.

EDIT:
I would strongly reccomend that you upgrade to the new version if you haven't already.
There are a few nerfs, but the new items and buffs make up for it (eg. running speed on boots was nerfed a bit, but they gain the ability to automatically step up single blocks).
I didn't even know about those. :P

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: May 07, 2012, 04:21:19 pm »

2 questions.

1) What is a good use for all this extra taint I have stored up for thaumcraft 2? Or a safe way to dispose of it?

2) If I have the mystcraft mod on a copy of vanilla minecraft, will I still be able to play on vanilla minecraft servers? Or do i need a separate folder?

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: May 07, 2012, 04:23:49 pm »

1a) Do you already have all the taint-related artifacts you want?
1b) Purifiers

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: May 07, 2012, 05:30:46 pm »

No unfortunately I haven't been able to successfully research ONE tainted knowledge. Yet I have almost all the lost and forbidden ones.

I think I have a purifier theory, yet it is torturous. I'll work towards that.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #881 on: May 07, 2012, 05:53:59 pm »

I set off sixty four nukes and lagged out.

64 nukes' worth of dropped items just doesn't work - it was a 6-second tick.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: May 07, 2012, 07:17:51 pm »

I made a floating platform in my unstable waterworld. Disconnected the column I had built to the bottom of the sea, surrounded by walls. Now I'm watching the world fall apart. Once it disappears, I'm going to build an Airship and start building some sort of floating satellite thingy. Not sure if I'm putting my Nexus here.

The idea of the Nexus is that since linking books don't work in the same Age, I can make a Nexus connecting different places of the Overworld.

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: May 07, 2012, 07:22:53 pm »

Does anyone know if there's a simple "colored torch" mod?  Preferably an easily multiplayer-friendly one?  I used to use wool to mark my mineshafts, with two pieces along a wall or floor:  Blue means "this way home", red means "dead end / fully explored", yellow means "Unexplored and I will do this later", white means "I'm exploring this way right now".  It would be nice to have torches instead, and either color them with dye or maybe even just right-click them.  My friends like to use "torch on the right wall", which works, until you find big rooms with six entrances or loops.

I don't know of any such mod.  Since colored lighting isn't possible, I suspect there's not much ambition toward making one.

I used to use wool as well, though I never used blue due to its rarity/value.  But it got to be too much hotbar shuffling, and occupied too many backpack slots.  Then I realized that planks, sand, and glass aren't found underground, so I used various combos of them as markers for a while.  I always carry wood or planks anyway, I can use sand as an impromptu way down into a deep hole, and I don't feel bad about abandoning a stack of either.

Now I use torches and redstone torches.  Redstone torch next to regular torch is a directional marker, with the red one pointing toward the exit.  A lone redstone torch on a wall, there's a resource here.  Two redstone torches next to each other, this region needs to be explored.  Three regular torches next to each other, this passage is an uninteresting dead end.  It's fully multiplayer-safe, too.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #884 on: May 07, 2012, 07:35:22 pm »

So, how do you deal with ID conflicts? I just tried to install railcraft, Thaumcraft, EE2, and MystCraft together and I'm pretty sure every block was overlapping with another block. IDresolver just crashed before it could do anything and made me restart the whole process.

I'm going back to technic for now, because I don't think mystcraft and updated thaumcraft is worth this much trouble but it'd be good to know for the future.
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 326