Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 326

Author Topic: Minecraft - Mods Thread  (Read 974848 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Minecraft - Major Mods Thread
« Reply #75 on: April 06, 2012, 06:37:14 am »

So I got the Technic launcher and was messing around a bit. I spawned on a basalt volcano. yessss

I have a question, though: what's this basalt cobblestone good for? It looks like it can't be used for regular cobblestone purposes, and if I try to use NEI to find out, it flashes to "Saving chunks" and then crashes.
It's just for building with, you can smelt it into regular basalt as well.
Can even make basalt bricks.

I love how right as I looked into this thread and saw some mods I'd like to install, WHOOPS Minecraft update, all mods invalid until further notice.

Man that's annoying.
Recently discovered Thaumcraft. Researching eldritch secrets, crafting magical wards, screwing with the very balance of life in an area?

OOPS OLD VERSION, come back in a week. :I

Still less tragic than finding out the SMP version has been postponed until the modding API comes out, though. I totally wanted a lush but inefficient paradise near a friend's tainted, powermad wasteland. :(
This is why you resist updating until you need to. :P

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 06, 2012, 06:53:50 am »

Anyone know of a good sky Island map generator? I would love to try one out.

I think i know a mod that can do that, i havent tried it myself but i've seen a let's play video with it, it's the myst mod :
[1.2.5] Myst Linking Book (0.8b)

Edit : whoops i confused it with another myst mod, the correct one is this one :
[1.2.3] Mystcraft (0.7.11)

From what i understand it allows you to write books like those in the myst games, and those books are worlds that you can enter. From what i've seen in the let's play, the result is semi-random, and you can get a whole range of results, but among it there are sky islands.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 07:27:17 am by Sirian »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #77 on: April 06, 2012, 06:56:36 am »

Can you link to that lets play?

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 06, 2012, 07:22:53 am »

Can you link to that lets play?
yea here's a link, the mod is mystcraft not myst linking book i got confused.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rNFcUPzQI4&feature=plcp&context=C44ab66eVDvjVQa1PpcFPLxRsl49YNKa7oXhsRTE2KhwQDY6CLk1o=

this is the 5th episode but since he's starting over after losing his previous save it's probably better to start from there.

If you want you can go directly to this episode where he's exploring various books, among which a sky islands book.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9g4pfjUyWY&feature=plcp&context=C4d6ced9VDvjVQa1PpcFPLxRsl49YNKeEzc1BthJwsHDyrkDf9jSg=

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 06, 2012, 08:07:17 am »

God damn it whats wrong with Thaumcraft. I am playing Technic and every time I try and get some Enchanted Wood the Infusing Process stops at some random point and will not move forward reguardless of how much Vis I supply it.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #80 on: April 06, 2012, 08:36:47 am »

God damn it whats wrong with Thaumcraft. I am playing Technic and every time I try and get some Enchanted Wood the Infusing Process stops at some random point and will not move forward reguardless of how much Vis I supply it.
Probably your conduits are clogged up with taint. Attach some filters in a loop so they burn it off.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 06, 2012, 10:51:19 am »

I just started using technic pack, but I am having some problems with millenaire mod.
I started trading supplies with a nearby village, and they built a couple of buildings.
 then they started this pig farm, and suddenly complained about lack of space, despite the building being mostly complete.
what could be the problem? maybe what they want to build more pens?

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 06, 2012, 10:52:27 am »

There's a sign you can click on to bring up a map. They can only build in green areas, you probably need to help them level the ground near the pens.
*Hugs*

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 06, 2012, 10:53:04 am »

already checked, all green. unless they want to build into another of their buildings, but I suppose they would avoid that, right?
edit: forgot, screenshot

re-edit.

a map of the village. the pig farm that is giving me troubles is the building on the bottom right.
looks completed from here.

what happens if I try to complete it myself?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 12:12:30 pm by andrea »

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #84 on: April 07, 2012, 12:16:49 pm »

When they get around to doing it themselves you building either is classified as something blocking them or gets removed by them completing it.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 07, 2012, 12:28:30 pm »

it seems they just wanted to build a second pig farm, and that dirt patch is going to stay there. a bug, but a minor one. I feel very silly now.

pinkemma

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 07, 2012, 06:30:56 pm »

Hah, I wasn't expecting to see my mods listed here! Tomes and XP books have been updated to 1.2.5 (http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/821714-125-), thanks to anyone using them :)

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 07, 2012, 06:45:37 pm »

Awesome :3
Updated the OP, prettified it a bit too. Do tell me if the colour makes your eyes bleed on non Darkling stylesheets :P
*Hugs*

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #88 on: April 07, 2012, 07:56:45 pm »

I am going to advise the inclusion of the Voxel mods. They are even have their modpack on the technic launcher, just like the Yogbox. Also I don't know if you want to but if you are going to do texture packs and even if you are not you should have the Faithful 32x32 pack as it was made by Vattic and you should most certainly include things done by fellow forum members.
   As for some minor mods I just found there is the Multishot Timelapse mod which is useful for recording timelapses and the Camera Studio mod which makes it easy to do cinematic videos and such.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 08, 2012, 10:38:51 am »

Also Qwerty's CraftGuide and Quickguide and such.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 326