Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 326

Author Topic: Minecraft - Mods Thread  (Read 975811 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Minecraft - Major Mods Thread
« Reply #660 on: April 30, 2012, 03:01:28 pm »

Maybe a really expensive recipe to turn a regular sapling into a silver tree sapling.
A sapling in the middle with 4 quicksilver and 4 earthen crystals or something would be nice.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #661 on: April 30, 2012, 03:07:50 pm »

It should probably require some of a silver tree as well, maybe a log of it replacing the sapling or possibly some sort of multi-step crafting process. Also instead of crafting it should probably be infusing, at least for the last step and need to be researched.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #662 on: April 30, 2012, 03:16:56 pm »

It should probably require some of a silver tree as well, maybe a log of it replacing the sapling or possibly some sort of multi-step crafting process. Also instead of crafting it should probably be infusing, at least for the last step and need to be researched.
Maybe an infusion with a silvertree log, leaf, purity potion or whatever its called, earthen crystal, and some quicksilver + a normal sapling then? I dunno. I just wish there was a way because I'd love to make a silvertree grove for aesthetics without cheating.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: April 30, 2012, 03:57:20 pm »

Amazing..... I load my world for the first time today, and all my mod items are gone. Wth technic.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #664 on: April 30, 2012, 03:58:22 pm »

Are you using the dev build?
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #665 on: April 30, 2012, 03:59:55 pm »

Maybe an infusion with a silvertree log, leaf, purity potion or whatever its called, earthen crystal, and some quicksilver + a normal sapling then? I dunno. I just wish there was a way because I'd love to make a silvertree grove for aesthetics without cheating.
   You can move them perfectly legit. Sure whatever you make with the leaves and logs won't be naturally grown but I guess you could just keep track of what the one you take down looked like and rebuild it. We have the technology.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #666 on: April 30, 2012, 04:02:39 pm »

You can move them perfectly legit. Sure whatever you make with the leaves and logs won't be naturally grown but I guess you could just keep track of what the one you take down looked like and rebuild it. We have the technology.
yeah I suppose you could use shears to obtain the leaf blocks and then place them back down. Does anyone know if doing that offers the same taint-purification effect as a natural tree?

Lightning4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: April 30, 2012, 05:20:33 pm »

Do silverwood leaves automatically regrow in high aura areas? I heard normal wood blocks will sprout leaves like that.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: April 30, 2012, 05:22:35 pm »

I heard normal wood blocks will sprout leaves like that.
A lot of people who build with normal wood blocks (like, the corners of their house) would be rather unhappy if that were true.   :P
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: April 30, 2012, 05:24:43 pm »

I heard normal wood blocks will sprout leaves like that.
A lot of people who build with normal wood blocks (like, the corners of their house) would be rather unhappy if that were true.   :P
My first Thaumcraft major house was made with walls of logs. Had to routinely break all the leaves that grew everywhere.

And in low-vis areas logs turn to petrified logs, which heavily confused me in my wooden desert shack. Even more when I took those and used them on my main house, only for them to transform back into normal logs.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #670 on: April 30, 2012, 05:30:23 pm »

Yeah, I wish blocks would stay in their tainted/impure form. The tainted logs are actually pretty nice, but they decompose when used for building
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: April 30, 2012, 05:50:01 pm »

Are you using the dev build?

No, Yogbox recommended. I can't even run the technic dev build. Crashes on loading. Don't know why it's suddenly happening.

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: May 01, 2012, 12:30:53 am »

I was very disappointed to find out that you can't sail a zepplin through a mystcraft portal like it's a stargate.

Double-post avoidance edit:
I got sick of hopping from age to age, just to find that every single one started decaying, so I went code diving. Anyone who wants to see the results, PM me.
Please don't post it here for the sake of those pathological spoiler clickers who don't actually want to know how to properly write a descriptive book.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 03:11:23 am by Peewee »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #673 on: May 01, 2012, 03:08:27 pm »

how do you get the crystal bell? (as in, what do you have to research) in thaumcraft? I need it for my ores, but I have not ever stumbled across it.
You're gonna smack yourself when I tell you...

Think about how you get brains in a jar...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: May 01, 2012, 03:12:45 pm »

Yeah, the fact that you need to research brain in a jar and a few other items by putting them in in stead of notes really threw me off and made me waste a bunch of time (and extra resources that I could have saved by having brains instead of bookshelves).
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 326