Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 321 322 [323] 324 325 326

Author Topic: Minecraft - Mods Thread  (Read 974859 times)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - Mods Thread
« Reply #4830 on: April 17, 2014, 01:48:44 pm »

Anyone? My OCD is going out of control.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4831 on: April 17, 2014, 01:49:37 pm »

I don't think you can change the icon. Name yes, icon no.

Rhodan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4832 on: April 17, 2014, 02:15:13 pm »

In ars magica, I accidentally skipped the part where you choose an icon for your spell. How do I edit the icon?

Put the spell on your spell writing table thingy and your'll get the option to "Reset Name". Click that and the spell will turn into a scroll icon again. Next time you use it it'll ask you for a new name and icon.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #4833 on: April 19, 2014, 02:54:08 am »

Hello, here's yet another cryptic error message.
Code is here, as always.
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ClassCastException: org.json.JSONArray cannot be cast to org.json.JSONObject
   at mcfry.JsonWorldGenerator.main(JsonWorldGenerator.java:28)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "gen.py", line 137, in <module>
    exportCube(p.center, 2*(p.r+1)+1, p)
  File "gen.py", line 106, in exportCube
    sys.stdout.write(json.dumps(blocksData)) # No whitespace
IOError: [Errno 32] Broken pipe
The content itself is straightforward, but it doesn't give me any hints about what exactly went wrong. All I can tell is that it expected a JSON Object but got a JSON Array. So, another convenience feature would be to catch that specific exception and print maybe the first couple elements of the JSON Array. o.o

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #4834 on: April 21, 2014, 02:40:45 am »

3 images of my current work in progress :v

I would like to ask for first impressions about my map gen. Does it look interesting enough to give it a spin? I know that the random one I just generated has too many glass planets, so I need to fix that.

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #4835 on: April 21, 2014, 02:47:37 am »

It looks a little wonky near the edge, and they all seem far too uniformly sphere. Plus, as it is you'd be missing a bunch of important resources like sand.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #4836 on: April 21, 2014, 03:23:08 am »

I haven't added sand yet!
As for the edges, my algorithm for finding the area has to be fixed.

What's wrong about uniform spheres? O_o The original also had spheres only... What kind of shapes should I also consider?

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4837 on: April 21, 2014, 08:58:03 am »

What's wrong about uniform spheres? O_o The original also had spheres only... What kind of shapes should I also consider?

Add mountains to the planets!
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #4838 on: April 21, 2014, 10:30:54 am »

Looks awesome, I wants it. I always loved getting a biosphere world with bridges turned off, and zeppelinning my way between them.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Oneir

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fancy hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4839 on: April 21, 2014, 01:22:49 pm »

Looks awesome, I wants it. I always loved getting a biosphere world with bridges turned off, and zeppelinning my way between them.

Is there a zeppelin mod that doesn't break anything? Last time I went on a modding spree I couldn't find one, but that was a while ago.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #4840 on: April 21, 2014, 01:32:26 pm »

Could you make some of them slightly oblong? There's just something very monotonous about perfect spheres.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #4841 on: May 01, 2014, 04:20:55 pm »

I know this is probably a long shot, but can anyone recommend a server that has a lot of cool magic mods other such things to play around with?
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4842 on: May 01, 2014, 07:40:31 pm »

Icosahedrons, obviously.

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #4843 on: May 01, 2014, 08:29:50 pm »

I know this is probably a long shot, but can anyone recommend a server that has a lot of cool magic mods other such things to play around with?

You could play on spelltek, its resonant rise 2.8.3.8 right now; has plenty of the magic mods like ars magica and witchery and thuamcraft and lots of other neat stuff like galacticraft and computercraft and such, no whitelist or border, been linked in this thread before but its changed address and I think owners and admins since then; I'm now an admin (http://www.atlauncher.com/downloads/) (s41.hosthorde.com:25879)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #4844 on: May 01, 2014, 09:33:18 pm »

Ah, thanks! I'll probably check it out sometime tomorrow or this weekend. I'll the no age creation thing for mystcraft sounds like it would take most of the fun out of that mod (though I completely understand why you wouldn't want people just creating their own universes willy-nilly), but otherwise it all sounds very cool.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!
Pages: 1 ... 321 322 [323] 324 325 326