Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 306 307 [308] 309 310 ... 326

Author Topic: Minecraft - Mods Thread  (Read 975215 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - Mods Thread
« Reply #4605 on: November 29, 2013, 01:08:45 am »

I need to find a good server going... Today I programmed a turtle to stack and fire a TNT cannon when given a password over rednet. When it starts to get low on ammo it sends a request to my central defense server for more TNT and a crafting turtle will try to make some from the sand and gunpowder chests, then send it over via a minecart system... Kind of depressing having built these defense systems knowing nobody will ever come by.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4606 on: November 29, 2013, 01:39:17 am »

Why would I need to sit in my fortress when I have an airship to fly around it in and the defense systems are all remote operated?
All i need to do now is kidnap Princess Toadstool.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #4607 on: November 29, 2013, 01:58:46 am »

I use Voxel Map. Mostly because it comes with the other Voxel stuff which I quite like.
Isn't that the same map Darkling posted?
It's based on Zan's codebase. It's more up to date and I'm pretty sure has more features.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4608 on: November 29, 2013, 06:50:15 am »

I use Voxel Map. Mostly because it comes with the other Voxel stuff which I quite like.
Isn't that the same map Darkling posted?
It's based on Zan's codebase. It's more up to date and I'm pretty sure has more features.
No I mean the download link in the forum post you posted leads to the exact same download page as the link Darkling posted. :P

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #4609 on: November 29, 2013, 08:40:58 pm »

No I mean the download link in the forum post you posted leads to the exact same download page as the link Darkling posted. :P
Huh, so it does. Well there you go.
In other news, Reddit's FTB subreddit is having a competition to build the best sorting system. It can use ANY mod/collection of mods except for AE, because that takes the fun out of sorting.
http://en.reddit.com/r/feedthebeast/comments/1rg4lm/btb_episode_2_sorting_system/

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4610 on: November 29, 2013, 09:40:30 pm »

In other news, Reddit's FTB subreddit is having a competition to build the best sorting system. It can use ANY mod/collection of mods except for AE, because that takes the fun out of sorting.
http://en.reddit.com/r/feedthebeast/comments/1rg4lm/btb_episode_2_sorting_system/
Eh... requires the use of an official FTB pack. I don't really want to mess with FTB.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #4611 on: November 29, 2013, 10:09:10 pm »

It can use ANY mod/collection of mods except for AE, because that takes the fun out of sorting.
Does not require an official FTB pack.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4612 on: November 29, 2013, 10:10:50 pm »

It can use ANY mod/collection of mods except for AE, because that takes the fun out of sorting.
Really? Previous challenges have had that requirement so I assumed. My mistake. :)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4613 on: November 29, 2013, 10:28:20 pm »

Eh... requires the use of an official FTB pack. I don't really want to mess with FTB.
Really? Previous challenges have had that requirement so I assumed. My mistake. :)
Vaguely interested in why you dislike FTB.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4614 on: November 29, 2013, 10:38:06 pm »

Takes too long to update mostly. I do it myself instead

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4615 on: November 30, 2013, 02:18:42 am »

Another day of needless defense systems. Today I programmed a bomber turtle that, when given an X and Y coordinate as as well as an altitude it will fly up, and away over to the given location and drop a block of lit TNT, effectively making it rain explosives. Right now I am working on having it go over a list of locations rather than a single point before returning home, allowing for much more fun bombing runs.

The interesting part is that I want it to calculate the most fuel efficient path to go on, and also make sure it has enough fuel to get back before it leaves. Thank to Misc Peripherals the turtle I'm using has a built in chunk loader so I don't need to worry about it going out of sight, but I would prefer the technology gets back and isn't lost somewhere, flying over a forest with no coal, never to be found again... Poor turtle!

Now I kind of wish I had bothered to get the explosives pack for ICBM to work, for some reason it caused a crash that didn't relate to block IDs so I just removed it, but now I want something that causes a really big bang.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4616 on: November 30, 2013, 02:20:05 am »

Turtle-based warfare would be fun.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4617 on: November 30, 2013, 02:34:23 am »

I'm also thinking of using the technology to program a paratrooper turtle that, when given a coordinate, will go off and build a small fort then come back... Actually I have also set up an automation facility that involves a turtle mining cobble from a generator, and from there all sorts of other things are produced:

Cobble
 -> Smooth stone (smelting)
   -> Stone bricks (crafting)
 -> Sand (macerating)
   - > Glass (smelting)
     - > Glass panes (crafting)

So I have a few different things to make a fort from just out of automation. I guess I can make a tree farm work and add wood for chests and doors.

Anyway the point is I could build a facility that deploys turtles to random locations to build forts automatically. With a little bit of procedural generation I could even make each fort slightly unique. Leave it running while I go off and explore and start finding all these structures everywhere!  :D

Turtles themselves are pretty easy to make. Most of the things you need can be automated, and red stone isn't too rare, at a rate of 1 per turtle. Swords might be a little tricky, as they require diamond, but it might be possible. It might actually be possible to not only have a large, menacing machine that deploys forts across the land, but also sends armed turtles to guard those forts!

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4618 on: November 30, 2013, 02:36:45 am »

I'm also thinking of using the technology to program a paratrooper turtle that, when given a coordinate, will go off and build a small fort then come back... Actually I have also set up an automation facility that involves a turtle mining cobble from a generator, and from there all sorts of other things are produced:

Cobble
 -> Smooth stone (smelting)
   -> Stone bricks (crafting)
 -> Sand (macerating)
   - > Glass (smelting)
     - > Glass panes (crafting)

So I have a few different things to make a fort from just out of automation. I guess I can make a tree farm work and add wood for chests and doors.

Anyway the point is I could build a facility that deploys turtles to random locations to build forts automatically. With a little bit of procedural generation I could even make each fort slightly unique. Leave it running while I go off and explore and start finding all these structures everywhere!  :D

Turtles themselves are pretty easy to make. Most of the things you need can be automated, and red stone isn't too rare, at a rate of 1 per turtle. Swords might be a little tricky, as they require diamond, but it might be possible. It might actually be possible to not only have a large, menacing machine that deploys forts across the land, but also sends armed turtles to guard those forts!

What about non-flat surfaces? There's probably a workaround, but it might be a pain.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4619 on: November 30, 2013, 02:43:59 am »

Pretty easy to flatten the earth by either digging it out or filling it in.

Now here is the thing... I have Galacticraft, so instead of putting the factory on earth, I put it on a private space station! Then use the turtle teleporter to deploy the paraturtles to earth to build forts, and below these forts dig mines to find diamond and redstone to send back to build more miners and guards.

If only there was a way to automate production of ender eyes, I could have a turtle teleporter in every fort and as long as a single one was left standing the flood of turtles across the land would continue... Also I'm not sure you can make turtles link teleporters by themselves.  :(
Pages: 1 ... 306 307 [308] 309 310 ... 326