Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 279 280 [281] 282 283 ... 326

Author Topic: Minecraft - Mods Thread  (Read 975977 times)

Viken

• Bay Watcher
  • "Fight, or Die. Easy."
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - Mods Thread
« Reply #4200 on: July 10, 2013, 06:33:56 am »

Yeah, I did.  That's why it bugged the hell out of me.  Even did a spreadsheet for all the block ID numbers and whatnot, just to make sure I wasn't messing up there.  Updated JAVA and the others prerequisites.  Made sure all of the mod versions were for 1.5.2 and not 1.6.1-2.  Did all the preloads, made sure there weren't any cross-compatibility issues, waited over 10 minutes at a blackscreen just to make sure it wasn't a load-lag issue.  Started with the basics and then added on; made sure all the Cores were up-to-date... I spent about 8 hours trying until I finally got pissed enough that cigarettes weren't calming me down anymore.  Nothing came through, and its not a hardware issue on my end. 

Honestly, it was a great time waster this time around, but it just didn't work with anything over about 32 mods.

PS: I looked for the error report logs in the .minecraft folder.  They were there, but all of them were utterly blank.  Empty text documents.  And that was after re-installing Minecraft three or four times and doing the same thing.  I have no idea.
"It takes being a nerd to be a dorf, and I'm more than happy to compensate."

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4201 on: July 20, 2013, 04:12:09 pm »

I could really do with a Bay12 server right now. Forsaken, pretty pretty please would you host a server again?

TwilightWalker

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4202 on: July 20, 2013, 04:44:37 pm »

I'm beginning to wonder if technic and FTB have just stopped being worked on. They're still stuck in version 1.4.7

Don't know about FTB, but I know Technic has been constantly updated. See here. You might just be looking at the 'Lite' or 'Classic' versions, that or you have an old launcher version.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4203 on: July 20, 2013, 04:47:52 pm »

I'm beginning to wonder if technic and FTB have just stopped being worked on. They're still stuck in version 1.4.7

No they're not.

If you check the FTB news tab, there is a link to codes for two 1.5.2 packs. Granted, they're behind  an annoying wait timer, but they're there. Unleashed is their new general-purpose pack and Unhinged is advertised to have been made with consultation from GregT (presumably to add more fake difficulty). Because I'm a generally not-horrible person and I hate the aforementioned forced timer, the codes are "FTBUnleashed" and "FTBUnhinged"

If you open the Technic launcher and check the options for your pack of choice, you can select latest rather than recommended. Tekkit, for instance, is on what looks like 1.5.1, but I can't load it on this crappy laptop to be sure.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 04:49:23 pm by Mephisto »

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #4204 on: July 20, 2013, 07:54:55 pm »

On the topic of GregTech I'm not pleased with the graphical change made to the ores.

The red and yellow blocks are the same ores as the more standard looking ones bellow them, but they look different because they have no neighbouring stone, netherrack, or end stone. I think they're really ugly and I'm having trouble making something better for my texture pack.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4205 on: July 20, 2013, 10:16:53 pm »

I could really do with a Bay12 server right now. Forsaken, pretty pretty please would you host a server again?
Soon

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4206 on: July 21, 2013, 09:45:11 am »

What I wish that a mod would do would be this...

"Oh look at that, you have like 5 mods installed that use this Copper Ore thing, seems they all want to put them into the gencode, lets just make it all one ID instead of wasting time. One ID, One Icon, ONE STACK, ONE SET OF ORE/INGOT!!!"
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4207 on: July 21, 2013, 09:48:41 am »

"Oh look at that, you have like 5 mods installed that use this Copper Ore thing, seems they all want to put them into the gencode, lets just make it all one ID instead of wasting time. One ID, One Icon, ONE STACK, ONE SET OF ORE/INGOT!!!"
gregtech attempts this, it will override some mods so that the ingots and dusts you get from the gregtech machines are the same regardless of the ore you use

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4208 on: July 21, 2013, 10:27:26 am »

gregtech attempts this, it will override some mods so that the ingots and dusts you get from the gregtech machines are the same regardless of the ore you use
It even overrides the outputs of the machines of other mods.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #4209 on: July 21, 2013, 12:20:16 pm »

IIRC, Metallurgy 3 also makes only its ore appear in world gen, but if you're using that then you have bigger problems.
Also, most mods that add a common metal like copper or tin let you disable it. But if you do then  you'll be suffering for metals later on.

Viken

• Bay Watcher
  • "Fight, or Die. Easy."
    • View Profile
« Reply #4210 on: July 21, 2013, 12:29:35 pm »

I tried downloading the FTBUnleashed beta pack three or four times and it kept  coming back with a download error.  Bloody annoying.
"It takes being a nerd to be a dorf, and I'm more than happy to compensate."

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #4211 on: July 21, 2013, 01:04:46 pm »

SPEAKING OF 1.5 PACKS!
Direwolf just made his go live.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HYj_EGHlPY
To get it, go to FTB launcher, private packs, then code Direwolf20_1_5.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 07:25:29 am by frostshotgg »

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4212 on: July 21, 2013, 03:29:11 pm »

this made me smile today.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4213 on: July 21, 2013, 04:13:01 pm »

Look what I found in the server log.
2013-07-21 22:59:54 [Information] [STDOUT] [TConstruct] Natura, what are we going to do tomorrow night?
2013-07-21 22:59:54 [Information] [STDOUT] [Natura] TConstruct, we're going to take over the world!

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #4214 on: July 21, 2013, 04:52:30 pm »

That's backwards. TConstruct would be brain, Natura is pinky. Natura is TC's accomplice.
Pages: 1 ... 279 280 [281] 282 283 ... 326