Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 266 267 [268] 269 270 ... 326

Author Topic: Minecraft - Mods Thread  (Read 975827 times)

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - Mods Thread
« Reply #4005 on: May 08, 2013, 12:45:41 pm »

Tell me if you guys have set the TFC server. Might try it, because it's been a while since I last played Multiplayer MC.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4006 on: May 08, 2013, 01:02:11 pm »

Cant wait to play on it! Hope people dosnt join just to lonewolf.. (please use SP for that)
Also, I hope the expedition leader will keep him/herself from demanding mandating a throne room right off the bat.
Nah, that kind of thing is gonna go Oprah style.

"THRONE ROOMS FOR EVERYBODY! You get a throne, YOU get a throne, EVERYBODY GETS A THRONE!"
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #4007 on: May 08, 2013, 01:06:56 pm »

Since it sounds like there's some interest, I'll see if I can get one running by this weekend. I might not be able to play much, though.

It'll be based off of the Tekkit (or teknik or whatever it is) launcher, if you want to set it up ahead of time. I'll create a forum thread for it once it's up and running.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4008 on: May 08, 2013, 01:10:40 pm »

Cant wait to play on it! Hope people dosnt join just to lonewolf.. (please use SP for that)
Also, I hope the expedition leader will keep him/herself from demanding mandating a throne room right off the bat.
Nah, that kind of thing is gonna go Oprah style.

"THRONE ROOMS FOR EVERYBODY! You get a throne, YOU get a throne, EVERYBODY GETS A THRONE!"
Last time I did TFC Multiplayer, the leader got his throne room and everyone started to get more or less bored of the whole thing.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4009 on: May 08, 2013, 04:55:57 pm »

That is, indeed, what happened.

There wasn't even an official farm, the smithy was still an old anvil outside, those who helped build the throne room left the game as soon as it was mostly done, and the only ones that kept playing a while longer were those that said "fuck that" and moved away from Mountain home-thing.

Heck, my mountain lair was made by me only and it had larger tunnels and a complete forge, plus a few large rooms... the spawn had basically nothing.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4010 on: May 08, 2013, 05:07:13 pm »

We should do a realistic looking village or town this time.

Meta

• Bay Watcher
  • Aka Maunoir. French Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4011 on: May 08, 2013, 05:13:41 pm »

@Sergius
And that is a normal evolution of our MC servers over here. I will state the obvious: MC is a sandbox game, and the longevity of a server depends entirely on the objectives players are following. As soon as those are fulfilled players tend to leave the servers, and it is normal.

So, if we want the future server to thrive for a long time we should try to find some community-based objectives. I can RP the mayor of a Dwarf Fortress if you want me to, with a lot of mandates. :P
Generalized Godwin’s Law: "Every discussion within an online community converges to a zero-information signal characterized by empty assertions concerning the foundational dichotomy of that community."

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #4012 on: May 08, 2013, 05:20:32 pm »

If you can get a large enough population it might be interesting to do two separate settlements that specialize. That way you can get Trade and inter-community interactions going on.

Sadly, I don't have time to join you guys right now. It does sound like an interesting mod, though.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4013 on: May 08, 2013, 05:22:41 pm »

Since it sounds like there's some interest, I'll see if I can get one running by this weekend. I might not be able to play much, though.

It'll be based off of the Tekkit (or teknik or whatever it is) launcher, if you want to set it up ahead of time. I'll create a forum thread for it once it's up and running.
So this Tekkit launcher contains TFC?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4014 on: May 08, 2013, 05:25:35 pm »

So this Tekkit launcher contains TFC?
I think he's saying he'd build a mod pack and use tekkit's private modpack feature to distribute it easily

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4015 on: May 08, 2013, 05:35:05 pm »

Sounds pretty neat.
I did used to play TFC but I found the whole installation a bit clunky, and then the actual gameplay was clunky enough that I was kind of sick of it after the whole process.

Well, you have been playing on nate's server last Fall, and there was not much of a revolution ever since. Seasons and farming are fixed, construction got sorta expanded upon, installation is mostly dirt-simple (it's pretty much the same as installing vanilla MC: just log in and let the game download everything it needs) but if you had a big problem with the gameplay itself, I fear you might not be satisfied.

Not that I'm going to discourage you from trying, though!
It's not the gameplay that I dislike. I do like the gameplay.
I'd just end up spending way longer than it probably should have taken installing the mod; and then by the time everything works and I haven't fucked anything up, I couldn't be bothered playing the game anymore, especially with the prospect of continued mental exertion.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4016 on: May 08, 2013, 06:51:31 pm »

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4017 on: May 08, 2013, 06:54:04 pm »

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4018 on: May 08, 2013, 06:56:49 pm »

Is it really that necessary? I see a lot of TFC servers have that, but it doesn't seem to really be related to the enhanced crafting.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4019 on: May 08, 2013, 06:57:50 pm »

Well I suppose we could live without it.. *sighs*
Pages: 1 ... 266 267 [268] 269 270 ... 326