Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210 ... 326

Author Topic: Minecraft - Mods Thread  (Read 974970 times)

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Minecraft - Mods Thread
« Reply #3105 on: October 14, 2012, 03:16:43 am »

*sigh* I fear you are right Skyrunner, there is no right or wrong nor is there a correct answer to it. We should stop it but I will admit I like arguing so its hard.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #3106 on: October 14, 2012, 03:38:04 am »

I figuratively stuffed my hand in my mouth to prevent me from joining in xD Discussion is so fun.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #3107 on: October 14, 2012, 05:18:55 am »

Saying that she doesn't want people messing with her code before she is finished with it means that she either expects these mods to affect how she is going to code the game, or expects one of these conversion mods to be similar to what she is planning, and wants to be the first one to make the code in a certain way.

I find both to be foolish reasons.
   Or she doesn't want to end up hunting bugs that don't exist because of others messing with her code.
In which case she should just blatantly disown any branch projects or external modifications that she doesn't provide on site, and anyone with half a brain cell should refrain from reporting bugs that come while using addons..

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #3108 on: October 14, 2012, 05:30:41 am »

*sigh* I fear you are right Skyrunner, there is no right or wrong nor is there a correct answer to it. We should stop it but I will admit I like arguing so its hard.
I figuratively stuffed my hand in my mouth to prevent me from joining in xD Discussion is so fun.
Well nobody's being hostile about it. So as long as people can continue presenting different arguments, I see no real reason to quash discussion.
There's little else to discuss in the world of modding right now anyway.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3109 on: October 14, 2012, 05:40:08 am »

Saying that she doesn't want people messing with her code before she is finished with it means that she either expects these mods to affect how she is going to code the game, or expects one of these conversion mods to be similar to what she is planning, and wants to be the first one to make the code in a certain way.

I find both to be foolish reasons.
   Or she doesn't want to end up hunting bugs that don't exist because of others messing with her code.
In which case she should just blatantly disown any branch projects or external modifications that she doesn't provide on site, and anyone with half a brain cell should refrain from reporting bugs that come while using addons..
The total amount of all braincells in the MC community is 0.25.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #3110 on: October 14, 2012, 10:53:25 am »

I have to agree with Miauw on this. Even if you specifically say something like that people will still report bugs, even when they shouldn't.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3111 on: October 14, 2012, 11:06:10 am »

Hell, look at the DF forums!  Every other "issue" will usually involve Genesis mod, and the issue-reporter would usually fail to mention that they're using a mod when they claim they can't make X item.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3112 on: October 14, 2012, 11:06:57 am »

I really doubt all of the idiots complaining about that would overshadow the idiots complaining about her not updating faster, or some other stupid stuff.
My cabbages!

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #3113 on: October 14, 2012, 11:08:32 am »

I really doubt all of the idiots complaining about that would overshadow the idiots complaining about her not updating faster, or some other stupid stuff.
   The difference is that people shouting for updates don't cause hours and hours of frustration looking for a bug that doesn't exist.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3114 on: October 14, 2012, 11:10:57 am »

You're assuming she'd instantly see a bug report and go "Oh, must be my fault"

Far more likely she'll tell them to verify that it's actually an RP bug, or she'll just straight up ignore it.
My cabbages!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3115 on: October 14, 2012, 11:12:28 am »

Hell, look at the DF forums!  Every other "issue" will usually involve Genesis mod, and the issue-reporter would usually fail to mention that they're using a mod when they claim they can't make X item.

It's worse than that--they're all about Masterwork, and the Masterwork topic is filled with vanilla bug reports because... people have no idea how modding works/think that Meph is some sort of modding god who can do what nobody else can? I'm really not sure.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3116 on: October 14, 2012, 11:14:32 am »

Exactly.  The average user has no idea what does what.  They simply see something unusual happen, and they post a bug report on their most recently installed mod.  "Dirt now falls off ledges because of this minimap!"

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #3117 on: October 14, 2012, 11:15:03 am »

Far more likely she'll tell them to verify that it's actually an RP bug, or she'll just straight up ignore it.
   Umm, do you know how bug tracking works? She is the only person coding RP2 so if she wants to fix bugs then she has to wade through all the bug reports at the least and enough people will probably report false bugs to make her have to at least look.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3118 on: October 14, 2012, 11:26:47 am »

Umm, do you know how bug tracking works? She is the only person coding RP2 so if she wants to fix bugs then she has to wade through all the bug reports at the least and enough people will probably report false bugs to make her have to at least look.
Another point then, if this was the case, her thread would be full of bug reports for Tubestuff, as it is, all of the bugs in it are directed at its creator, the same creator who made the power crossover mod in the first place.
Most users with the ability to go and download a separate addon have the intelligence to restrict bug reports to that addon creator.
My cabbages!

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #3119 on: October 14, 2012, 01:59:47 pm »

Forge has a module that works like Modloader included; If you install Forge, you don't need to install Modloader or ModloaderMP.
Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210 ... 326