Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 174 175 [176] 177 178 ... 326

Author Topic: Minecraft - Mods Thread  (Read 975830 times)

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - Mods Thread
« Reply #2625 on: August 24, 2012, 04:48:53 pm »

Lol @ anybody thinking anybody gives a shit about adfly pennies
Have you ever benn to a monetizing website? I think they give several shits about it.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2626 on: August 24, 2012, 04:51:03 pm »

I guess the rabid uprising against Technic was all joking then :P

But seriously, it wasn't until adfly came into the picture that the Minecraft modding scene started going to shit, with everyone screaming at everyone else about copyrights and stealing ideas. Funny how that worked out if nobody cares.

I'll rephrase my comment and direct it towards respectable modders who were cool with Technic because they honestly made more money from those donations that lost adfly stuff. People who are aware enough about how much that stuff makes for them.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2627 on: August 24, 2012, 04:51:44 pm »

someone ought to make a large, distinct mod based on her coding*, and, once the mod's stops being updated, PM her saying 'guess what we did?'

that would probably cause her to flip her shit

*if you can. not sure how coding works.

She would flip her shit.  Based on that mess about that little one-block energy conversion module, I would predict a total meltdown.

And she'd have the legal right to e.g. send a DMCA takedown and get the derived mod yanked.  (IF, and only if, the mod copied any piece of her own code.)
Can anyone link me to the story/argument where she flips her shit about the energy converter?

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #2628 on: August 24, 2012, 04:58:17 pm »

I guess the rabid uprising against Technic was all joking then :P

But seriously, it wasn't until adfly came into the picture that the Minecraft modding scene started going to shit, with everyone screaming at everyone else about copyrights and stealing ideas. Funny how that worked out if nobody cares.

I'll rephrase my comment and direct it towards respectable modders who were cool with Technic because they honestly made more money from those donations that lost adfly stuff. People who are aware enough about how much that stuff makes for them.
There's still the fact that at least 2 of her links are hidden behind redundant adfly links, considering the site only pays out for the first 5 clicks from an IP.

Also considering adfly's reputation of being a steaming pile of stool that doesn't screen its ads and has resulted in several nasty viruses, it's not exactly a good look.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #2629 on: August 24, 2012, 04:58:27 pm »

She would flip her shit.  Based on that mess about that little one-block energy conversion module, I would predict a total meltdown.
Can anyone link me to the story/argument where she flips her shit about the energy converter?

I can't.  I avoid the Minecraft forum these days.

EDIT:
I found a discussion on the IndustrialCraft forum.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 05:00:03 pm by 0x517A5D »

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2630 on: August 24, 2012, 06:30:09 pm »

Ug the IC forums are nearly as bad as the MC ones.

Quick rundown on the issue:
1) Even in the United Corporate States of America (R), interoperability is a legally protected ground.
2) So-called "licenses" on Minecraft mods are completely void and not worth the bytes they take up in storage.
End of story.

If a modder complains to you about an interoperability mod, just say "What ya gonna do? Can't shut me down!"
Yes, you will get into a PR war with the fanboys and fangirls. Yes, they will threaten lawsuits. The modder might even do so if they are rich and stupid enough. Even if somebody actually tried, not in a million years would any judge with half a brain rule against you, even if the fanboy/fangirl/modder actually FOUND who you really are.

bluephoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2631 on: August 24, 2012, 07:40:14 pm »

Apparently MineZ is getting Australian servers set up next week. My prayers have been answered  :P

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2632 on: August 24, 2012, 10:05:01 pm »

anonymity is the best defence. else, all they can do is say 'GIVE ME ALL YOU DETAILS SO I CAN SUE YOU!

address: Buckingham palace
Name: spongebob squarepants
This reminds me of filling out online surveys.
Except there's a multitude of people who all live in the local library. Funny that.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #2633 on: August 25, 2012, 03:02:11 am »

I can't.  I avoid the Minecraft forum these days.

EDIT:
I found a discussion on the IndustrialCraft forum.

well, eloraam is known to flip and backflip around any petty issue about her mods. the core of the problem is not her: it is up to mojang to grow and policy the community, an area where it always had been proven lacking.

the mess the forums, the mods and the community are in stems from the lack of preventive action from the devs. they always act too little, too late.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 03:07:57 am by LoSboccacc »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2634 on: August 25, 2012, 07:04:21 am »

On the forums, they dont act AT ALL. I think notch had, what, 20 posts on the forums?
I had 100 times more before i left the forum.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2635 on: August 25, 2012, 07:35:12 am »

i wonder how much i could get for a volcano disable mod ;)

i should create a energy converter block to piss her off aswell.
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #2636 on: August 25, 2012, 07:51:56 am »

Frankly, if you hosted it anywhere other than BC forums, Forge forums, IC forums or MCF, you'd be fine.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2637 on: August 25, 2012, 08:43:42 am »

I think its possible if you dont have holes to the outside. I also think it would scar the water and cause strong downward currents.
(aka, dont do it in the ocean age please :P )

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2638 on: August 25, 2012, 09:05:50 am »

I think its possible if you dont have holes to the outside. I also think it would scar the water and cause strong downward currents.
(aka, dont do it in the ocean age please :P )
The water should reappear behind it as normal as long as its not at the surface I believe.

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #2639 on: August 25, 2012, 11:17:19 am »

No, it would be replaced by downward flowing water, as opposed to neutral source blocks.
Pages: 1 ... 174 175 [176] 177 178 ... 326