Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166 ... 326

Author Topic: Minecraft - Mods Thread  (Read 976156 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - Mods Thread
« Reply #2445 on: August 21, 2012, 01:28:23 am »

Thaumcraft Zombies. They're stupidly tough compared to regular zombies.
Do they not burn in sunlight? It was daytime when I got killed, and I don't recall if it was on fire or not.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #2446 on: August 21, 2012, 01:38:11 am »

They do, but he was probably in shade, or punted you off before the fire kicked in.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #2447 on: August 21, 2012, 03:46:09 am »

Is there a mod which allows you to remove glass and keep it? Some kind of tool for removing glass would be amazing.
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2448 on: August 21, 2012, 05:01:08 am »

Is there a mod which allows you to remove glass and keep it? Some kind of tool for removing glass would be amazing.
Not that I know of for vanilla glass, but you can cut glass into microblocks using redpower and those are recoverable. Makes much better 'window panes' than glass panes do.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2449 on: August 21, 2012, 05:02:36 am »

Only annoying thing is that the textures are a bit ugly as you can always see all the sides of the panels.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #2450 on: August 21, 2012, 05:03:47 am »

The vanilla way, of course, is the Silktouch enchant. :3

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2451 on: August 21, 2012, 05:06:42 am »

Only annoying thing is that the textures are a bit ugly as you can always see all the sides of the panels.
I put wooden strips over the glass covers to make windows. :P

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2452 on: August 21, 2012, 08:11:23 am »

Yeah, but if you have more than one cover side by side, then the "inside" textures don't mesh like regular glass does.

On mob towers: Put the death drop in a small pit, at least 2 deep, with a ladder or something on the inside.  This way, when the red-eyed "brainy zombie" or any other tough creature falls (Mo' adds a few like zombies horses) then you can stand on the ledge and attack them from out of reach.  When you get further into Thaumcraft, you can place auto-attack and auto-harvest seals.

In previous versions of Industrialcraft (before IC2), illuminators would burn zombies, as the light apparently counted as daylight, where torches do not.  I tried it out once, briefly, but my testing area got swarmed with cows and pigs because passive mobs go to the nearest light source when it gets dark.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #2453 on: August 21, 2012, 08:30:16 am »

EDIT: Also, does anyone know what mod adds the wheat blocks, and what function they server?
Useful Storage has wheat, coal, and redstone blocks. It also has a straw golem (scarecrow) made using the wheat blocks which scares passive mobs away (not sure if it'll work on the snakes).
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2454 on: August 21, 2012, 10:22:38 am »

Are there any mods out there that give extreme biomes? I mean mountains that utilize the new height limit and oceans that you can't reach the bottom of before drowning. And other things.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2455 on: August 21, 2012, 10:29:13 am »

Wedge world generator allows you to create worlds that take full advantage of the new height.
My cabbages!

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2456 on: August 21, 2012, 12:38:45 pm »

Not exactly the same thing, but Mystcraft can generate some non-standard worlds as well, like endless oceans, endless mountains, cavern worlds that look like the nether, except they're made of stone and grass with trees and such, but the only cavern world I visited caused MASSIVE lag.  It probably tried generating sand and water on the ceiling though.  There's also some unusual parameters, like "crystal worlds" and "hell biome" that I haven't looked at yet.  You can also tweak things like heavier ore amount, though this will cause the world to decay, unless you disable world decay in the config.

So yeah, I think if you're looking for some unique worlds, mystcraft is gonna be your best bet.  Not the same thing as mega-mountains, but it's definitely worth looking at!

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2457 on: August 21, 2012, 01:17:42 pm »

Cavern worlds don't play nicely with Redpower marble generation.
My cabbages!

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2458 on: August 21, 2012, 01:18:48 pm »

I just realized Mystcraft isn't in technic. Fuck. Where can I find a modlist for it?
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2459 on: August 21, 2012, 01:20:12 pm »

Yeah, that's probably what happened.  My few glimpses at the cavern world showed odd marble on the ceiling.  Know of any way to turn marble off for generation things, or any fix?

NINJA: Yes it is, dunno what you're looking at but my Technic has Mystcraft running just fine.
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166 ... 326