Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 326

Author Topic: Minecraft - Mods Thread  (Read 976642 times)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: Minecraft - Major Mods Thread
« Reply #1380 on: June 04, 2012, 09:47:55 pm »

If I want RC 2 pipes and BC pipes to work together, I am forced to use obsidian pipes and the block that sucks up blocks, right? D: Would be terrific if they were compatiable.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: June 04, 2012, 09:49:54 pm »

Buffer chests? One pipe feeding into chest, other type of pipe pulling out. That'd be my first thought, anyway.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: June 04, 2012, 09:52:46 pm »

Zombies drop iron right? Iron is the only thing for buckets right?
Answering the two that are easiest to answer:

Zombies do drop iron and iron equipment as a rare drop. Depending on your installed mods (maybe IC2?), you may have alternate bucket recipes. You can make them with tin, for instance.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1383 on: June 04, 2012, 10:10:56 pm »

There is actually a thing in Redpower that specificly lets it play nicely with stuff like BC, will look it up and report back soon.

Edit:
   I found it, the Relay goes from pipes to a RP tube system though not the other way. It acts just like a chest so if you put it next to something like a forestry combine it will take the items and they will instantly be put into the RP tube. Basically use as if it was a chest.
   As for going from RP to BC I don't really know...   I just put stuff into a chest and use Logistic Pipes to quick sort even if the module is expensive.

Another thing that is unrelated
Zombies drop iron right? Iron is the only thing for buckets right?
Answering the two that are easiest to answer:

Zombies do drop iron and iron equipment as a rare drop. Depending on your installed mods (maybe IC2?), you may have alternate bucket recipes. You can make them with tin, for instance.
Rare drops only happen if the mob is killed by a player so a mob grinder of any kind will not get you iron from zombies unless you set it up so you have to kill the mobs yourself.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 10:34:09 pm by Akhier the Dragon hearted »
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: June 05, 2012, 02:18:08 pm »

This morning I managed to fix the torch factory so that it never has either charcoal or sticks build up when you place less than 9 blocks of wood in the input chest. It's still only 3x3x5 unless you add the external power source. Starting to think I might be able to make it smaller with greater use of retrievers but then they'd all need powering which gets messy.

I just wish the timer sent a pulse as soon as it was activated as an option. As things stand there is a 48 second delay before receiving enough resources and starting work. Is there a logic tile that does this kind of thing?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It's not so easy to take decent screenshots though.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1385 on: June 05, 2012, 02:49:59 pm »

I know of one way to send a pulse as soon as the timer turns on but it would take up a bit of room. What you do is use a not gate followed by a pulse former. The power turning off the timer stops, the not gate sends out a signal, the constant signal hits the pulse former which only sends out a pulse. This of course would be in tandem with the timer so the wiring would be a bit less compact then preferable.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #1386 on: June 05, 2012, 08:00:56 pm »

Man, I've been fairly lucky with ore in TFC craft lately. Found a huge seam of Galena and hematite right at the mouth of acave, and a bunch of coal in a nearby desert, right at the surface. Still no tin, but I'm set once I can get that. Not to mention the coal vein opened up into a massive cave system that may lead me to granite and as such, tin.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: June 05, 2012, 08:51:08 pm »

I started a game of TFCraft. First place I spawned at was GRANITE MOUNTAINS!!! Huge mountains of Granite and Limestone so awesome place to be to be honest. But the best thing was, 4-5 OPEN AIR VEINS OF Cassirite...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #1388 on: June 05, 2012, 09:18:04 pm »

Woooooow, that is nice! Still looking for even just granite on it's own, but I've got my anvil set up at least. Also found some basalt (which makes the sturdiest stone tools, at least from a surface rock type), but still no granite.

EDIT: OH ALSO, for anyone looking to get started on terrafirma craft but being overwhelmed and generally not knowing where to get started for metal (or if you just don't know how to use a prospecting pick :P) I highly reccomend the spotter's guide. Which can be found HERE.

I think the prospector's pick episode is 7 or so? The article explains it more in depth too. Good stuff.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 09:28:12 pm by Seriyu »

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: June 05, 2012, 10:01:03 pm »

I am not finding ANY Reeds at all... This sucks. I live in a swamp, you would think I could find some...
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: June 05, 2012, 10:01:16 pm »

From RP to BC, I believe you can either just use a chest, or there's one called a buffer, I believe it's like a smaller 9 slot chest. Honestly haven't had much use for it though so not sure about the details. I've always just used a chest>woodenpipe+redstone engine to get stuff from RP to BC tubes though. Easy enough.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #1391 on: June 05, 2012, 11:49:16 pm »

I am not finding ANY Reeds at all... This sucks. I live in a swamp, you would think I could find some...

I see a lot of reeds in deserts for whatever reasons, so if you've got any near a river or something you might check that out.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: June 05, 2012, 11:51:14 pm »

I see a lot of reeds in deserts for whatever reasons, so if you've got any near a river or something you might check that out.

I'm guessing that's supposed to represent papyrus.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: June 06, 2012, 12:44:23 am »

Annoyingly I went Creative mode and found some over 600m+ away from me....... T_T

Gah, anyway...

Here is the seed. TONS of Exposed Ores. There is also some Fakecandy nearby for lols...

Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 326