Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 326

Author Topic: Minecraft - Mods Thread  (Read 976582 times)

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Minecraft - Major Mods Thread
« Reply #1290 on: May 30, 2012, 05:31:18 pm »

I am somewhat on the fence on whether I will use RP2 or Logistic Pipes to make my sorting system. For small compact and simple looking systems Logistic Chassis pipes are the best but for interesting looking systems RP2 is better. Anyway whichever you use enderchests just work really well.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1291 on: May 30, 2012, 05:38:45 pm »

So for people asking about my LP, I think I have a way to use mystcraft and redpower at the same time but it means removing Redpower World module for now, which also means no redpower ores spawning. No silver, no gems, etc. Copper/Tin will still spawn via IC2.

Will do some testing this week to ensure its stable then I will start it up again.

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: May 30, 2012, 06:28:33 pm »

So for people asking about my LP, I think I have a way to use mystcraft and redpower at the same time but it means removing Redpower World module for now, which also means no redpower ores spawning. No silver, no gems, etc. Copper/Tin will still spawn via IC2.

Will do some testing this week to ensure its stable then I will start it up again.

The RP2-Machine module depends on the RP2-World module.  I think it's because of rubber.  RP2 rubber, not IC2 rubber, obviously.

Point is, you can't even have tubes without using Eloraam's World.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: May 30, 2012, 08:21:40 pm »

I am somewhat on the fence on whether I will use RP2 or Logistic Pipes to make my sorting system. For small compact and simple looking systems Logistic Chassis pipes are the best but for interesting looking systems RP2 is better. Anyway whichever you use enderchests just work really well.
The pneumatic pipes fit the kind of theme I'm going for much better. I also enjoy working with them more than BC pipes.

Thinking of the kinds of things possible with Enderchests is fun. With a few of them you could create a really quick sorting system.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: May 31, 2012, 01:50:11 am »

Too bad the implementation of End Chests into Vanilla has made Ecu rethink the way Enderchests work, so I wouldn't get too fond of any designs you have now, no guarantees they'll work like that in the future.
*Hugs*

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1295 on: May 31, 2012, 02:06:12 am »

To be honest with what I am doing what will be vanilla End Chest's will probably suffice. I don't think I will need multiple chest systems as of the moment.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1296 on: May 31, 2012, 03:26:03 am »

The RP2-Machine module depends on the RP2-World module.  I think it's because of rubber.  RP2 rubber, not IC2 rubber, obviously.

Point is, you can't even have tubes without using Eloraam's World.
There is no RP2 rubber yet...

Also what is the point of multiple modules if they are interdependent? I understand that you need the core module but I thought all others were optional.

Oh well, I suppose I can do without frames and other RP2 stuff for the sake of mystcraft until it is fixed.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 03:28:23 am by forsaken1111 »

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: May 31, 2012, 04:01:05 am »

They're not actually interdependent, rather machines is dependent on ores from world, I think the rest is only dependent on core.

Also, um. NO ONE NOTICED THIS.
Mod API is postponed till 1.4
Slightly sad, but I think they're just rewriting everything for the merge, which makes me happy. :D
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1217794-mod-api-delayed-to-14-dinnerbone-tweeted-it-and-few-people-noticed/
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Fiskav

« Reply #1298 on: May 31, 2012, 04:37:11 am »

« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 08:16:08 am by Fiskav »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1299 on: May 31, 2012, 05:02:15 am »

Posts on other forums don't count.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: May 31, 2012, 05:30:40 am »

Not here. :P
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: May 31, 2012, 08:06:37 am »

Im not sure why you're so adamant to not use redpower and mystcraft together. Yes, there are some problems, but I've never had any world destroying ones. Everything always seems to work out if you just give it time to process. I've had a few worlds that have taken upwards of 10 minutes to generate, and once I got there it was so laggy I couldn't stand to stick around, but every world has always eventually generated and been... at least theoretically playable if I had the patience. (except that ones that were laggy and covered with enemies. Still got out of it, but no way I was sticking around. Could see going back with some EE equip maybe though. Still, probably not worth it, just generate another age.)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1302 on: May 31, 2012, 08:15:12 am »

Im not sure why you're so adamant to not use redpower and mystcraft together. Yes, there are some problems, but I've never had any world destroying ones. Everything always seems to work out if you just give it time to process. I've had a few worlds that have taken upwards of 10 minutes to generate, and once I got there it was so laggy I couldn't stand to stick around, but every world has always eventually generated and been... at least theoretically playable if I had the patience. (except that ones that were laggy and covered with enemies. Still got out of it, but no way I was sticking around. Could see going back with some EE equip maybe though. Still, probably not worth it, just generate another age.)
I'm not adamant about it, it just didn't seem to be working. I didn't say I'd given up either, I said more testing was required.

So far every time I've tried to go to a mystcraft world with redpower together, minecraft has:

1. Crashed and deleted my inventory.
2. Taken 10+ minutes to generate and lagged horribly even on leaving and returning to the world.
3. Crashed and corrupted the test world entirely.

So I have been (understandable I think) hesitant to even expose the world with my LP to that. I'm fine with playing without redpower machines, I hardly use them anyway and there are plenty of other things to do. Once the issue is fixed (compwiz already said he's working with eloraam to fix it) then I can add the world/machine modules back in.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: May 31, 2012, 08:47:14 am »

I've never had a single Age that crashed or failed to load with Redpower. What happens is, once it's generated and I spawn there, it becomes absurdly laggy, so I hit the ESC key once, wait for the menu to open (at this point it's still pretty laggy) then I try repeatedly to hit the Exit button. Eventually it works (can take several minutes and tries), but once the game is reloaded everything's hunka-dory.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: May 31, 2012, 08:56:29 am »

If it's crashing and corrupting things, that sounds like it might be a different problem. But who knows. Like Sergius, I've never had a complete crash. Maybe 1 in 10 ages is really laggy, and a restart doesn't fix it for me, so I just always make sure i have a linking book on my hotbar and I can usually get out of it in a few minutes. That book then goes into a specially marked chest for storage.

I can understand though, if you're having routine crashes and corruption of data. I just don't understand why it would be happening.
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 326