Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 326

Author Topic: Minecraft - Mods Thread  (Read 976585 times)

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - Major Mods Thread
« Reply #1275 on: May 30, 2012, 10:47:35 am »

There was a particularly useful looking mountain I ran across; unfortunately, it was 1.5 km away from my base. So I cloned it. :P
Spoiler: imgs (click to show/hide)
It took about 3-4 hrs, 11k dirt and 31k stone, and was fully powered by 3 combustion engines, 6 redstone engines, and 1 steam engine. Building materials were provided by an energy condenser chest into which I threw a diamond once an hour or so. I was actually pretty surprised at how fast it went; blueprints seem to be a pretty effective way of transplanting mountains.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 10:49:16 am by alway »

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: May 30, 2012, 10:50:53 am »

That's brilliant hahaha

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: May 30, 2012, 01:07:42 pm »

Ok, I'm having 3 problems. I am using all the mods direwolf is using thanks to forsaken.

Do want. I've tried a couple of times to do the installs and I've consistently required a nuke to clear up game-crashing mistakes.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: May 30, 2012, 01:12:46 pm »

WTS: FORTH boot disk. After another short expedition into the mines, I acquired four more, bringing my total up to eight. Eloraam said she tweaked the spawn rate, but this is a mite absurd at the moment.

Oh well, free stuff. I can research or recycle them.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: May 30, 2012, 03:38:24 pm »

Ok, I'm having 3 problems. I am using all the mods direwolf is using thanks to forsaken.

Do want. I've tried a couple of times to do the installs and I've consistently required a nuke to clear up game-crashing mistakes.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=106040.1170

The post is a little bit back in this thread.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1280 on: May 30, 2012, 03:51:51 pm »

I made something quite interesting. I am sure you have all seen a frame quarry by now but I took it a step further. I made a computer controlled frame quarry with a 3x3 footprint using just frames and chickenbones wireless redstone and enderchests. With my expiramenting a 3x3 base is the smallest breaker formation you can make and keep all the stuff near the head and it does a 3x4 hole (of course smaller is possible with some tricky work). I think I managed to get my creation down as short as I could and I am still improving it and in fact manage to add something to it even while I was recording. Here is the video and for those of you who just want a picture check the spoiler below:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #1281 on: May 30, 2012, 04:01:54 pm »

Got a world download for that, akhier?

I'm going to see if I can make it not so tall and stuff.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1282 on: May 30, 2012, 04:30:01 pm »

Sure here is the link: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11378034/RedQuarry%20TestWorld.7z

I know of at least one spot that I could make it shorter by a block but with how RedPower wiring works most of the space seems to be needed. I don't know about the Quarry head though, I think there may be some useless space there so it may be a good spot to start. Also the very Top has solar panels and I don't know how they compare in power generation to the other thing with only one water and one lava next to it so you may be able to remove either a whole lot or just a little depending on the power needs.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1283 on: May 30, 2012, 04:31:49 pm »

Sure here is the link: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11378034/RedQuarry%20TestWorld.7z

I know of at least one spot that I could make it shorter by a block but with how RedPower wiring works most of the space seems to be needed. I don't know about the Quarry head though, I think there may be some useless space there so it may be a good spot to start. Also the very Top has solar panels and I don't know how they compare in power generation to the other thing with only one water and one lava next to it so you may be able to remove either a whole lot or just a little depending on the power needs.
You're already using ender chests... why not set up a power system somewhere else using logistics pipes if possible which feeds batteries into a batbox and pulls them out once full to stuff into an enderchest, then the system on the quarry pulls full batteries out to use their power.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1284 on: May 30, 2012, 04:33:22 pm »

Because I did not think of that and it would be better. Especially since a full battery and an empty one are different IDs in RedPower. Also one thing to note about my save is that it uses my lets play mods so if it doesn't work I can set up a world save using only the bare minimum.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1285 on: May 30, 2012, 04:34:50 pm »

Hell you could even include a teleport pipe onboard and link the thing to your logistics network! Autosorting for the win!

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1286 on: May 30, 2012, 04:38:51 pm »

I am using an enderchest and when I make my sorting system in my lets play it will be like DireWolf's so I would just have the enderchest be the sorting chest. If I was going to go all out I could probably shrink it some right quick by not caring about the resources I use. I kept some things to a minimum like the wireless receivers so it would not cost to much to create.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: May 30, 2012, 05:10:42 pm »

Sounds interesting Akhier. I think I can imagine how he's using the ender chest but would like to see. Do you know which of his videos it's in?
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1288 on: May 30, 2012, 05:17:02 pm »

I would just like to say first that DireWolf is not using an enderchest for his sorting chest, that was just something I was going to do. As for his sorting machine you can see him build it in episode 10. Just replace the normal chest with an enderchest and your good, especially since the quicksort module pulls a stack at a time so it should be able to easily handle whatever you throw at it. He does use an enderchest for his lava cells as its a cross dimensional thing and thus his lava production in the nether goes right to his base without manually moving the stuff.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 05:19:13 pm by Akhier the Dragon hearted »

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: May 30, 2012, 05:22:49 pm »

Fair enough. Cheers anyway. On my SSP world I don't use BC right now but I have some cool RP2 + IronChests sorters working.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 326