Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Welcome to The Hub: A World of Darkness Forum Game (Waitlist Open)  (Read 11040 times)

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome to The Hub: A World of Darkness Forum Game (Waitlist Open)
« Reply #90 on: April 25, 2012, 11:59:26 am »

Liz moaned, unable for a moment but to stare incredulously at just how empty the place had become... the mounds of books, binders filled to bursting of notes, and charts and graphs littering the walls... all gone. She couldn't help but imagine a team with shovels and trash bags moving through the room- even then, they'd've had to have taken trips back and forth. Who could've done this, and how, without someone noticing and calling her or the cops?

Speaking of which... Slowly, she walked back to lock up the door, before collecting her phone from her bag and collapsing in a chair. It wasn't until after she'd called to the police and was dialing up one of her old college friends that she managed to muster up the strength to set about cleaning up the spilt milk and heating up some leftovers.

'Come on, please pick up...' To be honest, she had no idea what Risa's schedule was like anymore; when the group had split up, she was one of the ones who stayed on in college, and she'd always been one of their most social members... Normally, they kept in touch through mail once or twice a month- more clandestine, and easier to encrypt- but they'd swapped phone numbers for emergencies, and if Liz was right, these were the first Incidents in about six months; she had to be on to something, but she also had to make sure everyone else was alright.
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 26, 2012, 08:19:11 pm »

To name the two most egregiously popular examples, yes. He said, glancing around to see if there was a waitress anywhere near.  If I may ask how you found me already?
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 28, 2012, 05:04:19 pm »

Monday March 10, 2012

+-- Terrence Kennard (SingularByte) --+
You fill out the form requesting a business credit card, and are subsequently informed that you will receive a letter letting you know whether or not you qualify sometime within the month.

+-- Johnatan "Sparkly" Spark (Shadenight123) --+
"We won't really know until we get her to the lab," the Mortician replies, circling the body, "And even then, time of death will be imprecise. Do you see the redness of the skin? She was placed in a freezer of some sort post mortem, and we don't know how long."

He kneels down beside the corpse, and gingerly touches the frayed edge of her split chest. "Similarly, they've torn her up pretty good. But it looks like there was a stab wound before the cuts were made. I'd hazard a guess that she bled out. Her heart and lungs have both been removed, though it doesn't look like it was done by anyone with medical experience, and the only blood on the scene, that I can find, is from the still open wound."

He shakes his head. "It doesn't look like she died here, there's no blood spatter or signs of struggle. We weren't able to find any tools, either, so whoever did it might still have them on hand."

+-- Michael "Angel" Raguel (Filiusenox) --+
"Sure." she replies, moving to turn her radio down a bit. She only turns it down enough that it's noticeable, but it's still pretty loud.
"And yeah, everything's fine. Why do you ask? Oh! And someone left...a flower, I guess? Caught someone's eye again, Mikey?"

+-- Elizabeth "Liz" Karsten (Hailfire) --+
Since you're in no immediate danger, the dispatcher takes some notes and informs that a squad car will be by shortly before ending the call.

You don't know Risa's schedule, but you call her nonetheless in the hopes that she's available. It's about 6:45pm, so with any luck she'll be available. After several rings, she picks up. "...Mm..Liz? What's up?" She sounds like the Risa you know, just a very tired one. Could be you woke her from an after-class nap.

Tuesday March 11, 2012

+-- Hirov Ferrin (Phantom of the Library) --+
"Hm? Oh, well we weren't exactly looking for you just yet." Chet flashes another grin, "But it's a good thing I found you here, eh? Lucky you, free lunch!"
He sits down, and Neil pulls a chair over from a nearby empty table. A few moments later, the waitress returns with Chet's drinks.
"What can I get you today?" she asks.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #93 on: April 28, 2012, 05:33:07 pm »

"Can you get me her blood type? This seems more and more like a black organs market thing the second it goes. Though usually guys in those sort of markets tend to hide their tracks better than this. This must be an amateur of sort. Better catch him before he gets experience. Would butcher tools be a possibility?" Johnatan grimaced at the sheer thought of the darkness one had to possess to actually operate on someone to remove their organs and killing them, maybe with only enough drugs to keep them passed out. He wouldn't get an operation for a long while.
He put down the notes, circling a black market for organs possible and a look for butchers and recent transplants of heart and lungs at the thought of butcher, a horrible thought crossed his mind... If it's a Hannibal psycho I ain't letting the psychiatrist near him until I have him in a cell with some gang members
"So can I now check on the body for personal belongings? Does she have any sign of having being tied up? Or of fighting?" Johnatan began putting on gloves, calm down, you're just looking at things like her pockets for personal info and stuff. Don't look at the hole like an Alien had barged through. Damn, he shouldn't have watched that type of movie. Ever.
A possible way of how it ended entered his mind, like an epiphany. You have two people talking. A fight, one is a butcher with a big pointy knife. The fight is over something crucial, like a crime or something, the man stabs the woman who wants to report him. He's a butcher. He grabs the woman and places her in his fridge cell, with the bleeding bodies of cows. Then, it takes her apart for a heart and a lung. No, why would he? Unless he wasn't just a butcher. Maybe he needed those organs, for something...or someone. That's why it tore them out from the woman, but he had no experience. Maybe he failed. So maybe...he might kill again.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

SingularByte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 29, 2012, 01:51:18 pm »

With the credit card dealt with, Terrence decided to find out a bit more about the painting. After a quick walk back to the shop, he looked through the paperwork for the phone number of the painter.

Deep Waters

• Bay Watcher
  • earth does break the things that we make
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 01, 2012, 05:10:08 pm »

Against my better judgment, I ignore the buzzing chatter in my head (somewhere in the back of my beer-soaked head is lodged the vague notion that I should probably think about it more thoroughly later; I'd been hearing that sound very often lately) I perked up almost immediately. Unable to hide my excitement (though I'm excited for very different reasons than I'm sure these people think I am), I ask, "R-really? She- is she here?"
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 10:12:05 pm by Deep Waters »
[23:14:34] <GameMaster> And so (...) a one-armed dwarf and a mage wearing a blanket walk into a tomb.
[23:14:42] <GameMaster> Sadly, that isn't a joke.

[20:42:03] <HailFire> our wizard tower just got smoked by projectile cats from space

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 03, 2012, 12:14:07 pm »

Liz allowed herself a small sigh of relief, but wasn't going to let onto that just yet. "Wake up, this is serious. Are you okay? How's school been? How've you been?

...There's been an... Incident. We've probably only got about ten minutes to chat before the police get here, and then I'll have to call you back."
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 04, 2012, 09:41:51 pm »

For me a hamburger and some fries, for him he said pointing to Chet, the cheapest dish you have.
Before Chet could say anything he glanced at the man who had come in with him and said: Do you want anything?

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 06, 2012, 05:41:19 pm »

Spoiler: ooc (click to show/hide)

Monday March 10, 2012

(3837764(1))
The mortician nods, pointing to the girl. "See the wrists, detective? The bruising is faint, but I would hazard a guess they'd been bound by something. I won't know what that something is, or what her blood type is till we've had her in the lab a bit."

At just a glance, you notice bruising around her wrists. She was probably tied up, at some point.

+-- Terrence Kennard (SingularByte) --+
You already went through the paperwork. Had the phone numbers of the painter or previous owner's estates been listed, you would have noticed. They are not.

+-- Elizabeth "Liz" Karsten (Hailfire) --+
Risa is obviously caught off guard by the sudden barrage of questions. "Slow down, slow down! I'm fine," she replies after you're done, worry already creeping into her normally calm voice, "What happened? Are you ok?"

Tuesday March 11, 2012

+-- Hirov Ferrin (Phantom of the Library) --+
Chet's smirk fades as you answer for him, and in turn he answers for Neil. "We already ate, champ. We're fine."
He shoos the waitress off, and then leans forward. "So, anyways, as I said. Neil here's presenting at our conference. Problem is, those jack-offs in the hotel gave someone else his room. Sayyy...you've got a room for two, don't you? A fine guy like yourself, wanting this whole thing to go smooth, I don't suppose you'd be willing to share with him for a few days?"

"We'd all be really grateful. Really," He adds with a grin.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 06, 2012, 11:16:53 pm »

Monday March 10, 2012

+-- Charlene "Charlie" Tanner (Deep Waters) --+
"Uh, not here." He replies with a smile, motioning for the woman across from him to slide over and make an empty seat. She does.
"But I know where she is. Why're you looking for her?" he asks, feigning innocence.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #100 on: May 07, 2012, 02:42:53 am »

Johnatan, gloves covering his hands, after the nod from the mortician slowly checked the woman's pockets, and surroundings for documents, or the likes. Since it would be probable that nothing was going to be found, he would leave her in the mortician's hands, and would have headed to the eyewitness. Hoping that in the meantime his colleague would have checked in for missing persons fitting the description of the woman.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 09, 2012, 04:47:59 pm »

Spoiler: ooc (click to show/hide)

Monday March 10, 2012

((6947428(2))
You thoroughly search the possession's of the dead girl, looking for any potential leads while doing your best to avoid your gag reflex. As she is, thankfully, not wearing anything with pockets on her upper body, you instead resort to searching her pants pocket. This turns up only a matchbook from a club called The Thiasus, none of the matches have been used and the directions on the inside of the cover state that it's somewhere on Newbury Street. Perhaps that was where her killer found her?

As you draw away from the corpse, you notice something gleaming in the blood-soaked grass beside her throat. Upon closer inspection, you find a beautiful silver necklace, a clear crystal of some sort dangling at the end. The clasp has been broken, but the necklace looks to be expensive and the maker's mark on the back leads you to believe that the locket is, indeed, quite expensive. The crystal may well be a low grade diamond.

You also notice the purse which Gomez mentioned, laying in the grass a few feet away...
And, of course, there's the eye witness.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 04:50:23 pm by thatkid »

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #102 on: May 10, 2012, 12:38:31 am »

Johnatan kept in mind to jot down on the bloc notes how this is clearly *not* a murder for money. The hannibal Lecter theory starts becoming more and more convincing in his eyes, and with it, its implications. He firstly tries to delicately open the locket, if he manages to and it doesn't require a key. Otherwise he'll put it in an evidence bag, and have someone at central open it up without tearing what's inside. Also the match boxes will go in another evidence bag. So he'll have a reason to ask for a mandate, to look at the club's security cameras. He's sure they won't find digits on it, for a simple reason: funding. Those who thought about CSI or NCIS, or criminal minds, and the like being how police forces actually worked...well, they should consider the crimes left unresolved. He carefully stood up, removing the certainly bloodied plastic gloves by now, and putting on another pair, before starting to look inside the purse.
This girl should probably be from middle or middle high family...I ain't knowledgeable with maker's marks, but the locket does seem to be. he muttered, more to himself than anything.
In the purse, his first aim is the wallet, hoping it is there. Otherwise documents. If nothing, a sort of sixth sense suggests to simply look at the purse, and try and see if this too is of some high trend or fashion market value.
If my daughter ever asks for something like this, I'm throwing her into the boyscouts, and have her trek a mile or two. And I hate boyscouts. but he hated fashion followers worse, and last he recalled...boyscouts weren't at all fashionable.
He shook his head, clearing his thoughts. After having checked the purse, it would be the eyewitness time.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 11, 2012, 12:22:02 pm »

"And yeah, everything's fine. Why do you ask? Oh! And someone left...a flower, I guess? Caught someone's eye again, Mikey?"

Angel shifted his stance, placing a hand on the wall, tired from a day of work, he yawns before responding,

"Nope...well not anyone who send me a Rose. I thought it was some friend of yours sending one."

He shakes his head, worrying mostly to himself.

"Well, for one you're actually doing homework, without me nagging at you and you're not wearing something flashy, slinky or any other adjectives like that."
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 24, 2012, 04:03:41 pm »

I have no problem with that, Hirov said stirring his drink around with the straw, Assuming that he's fine with sharing a room.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]