Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Welcome to The Hub: A World of Darkness Forum Game (Waitlist Open)  (Read 11038 times)

RogueArchivist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome to The Hub: A World of Darkness Forum Game (Waitlist Open)
« Reply #75 on: April 16, 2012, 11:23:19 am »

Note to self: make sure to carry energy bars and a water bottle in case of future impromptu stakeouts...

Noemi stretched and examined the car that had pulled up, making sure to keep from sight.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 16, 2012, 05:52:30 pm »

"Well, thanks again for the ride, Marissa. If there is anything you need me to do in return, don't hesitate to ask. It was a pleasure chatting with you, I hope we get to do it again sometime... See'ya tomorrow..."

After her response, Angel opened the door and stepped out of the car. He closed the door and took a few steps back, he gave a small wave as she drove out of site and then headed into his apartment building.
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 16, 2012, 09:49:35 pm »

Hirov sat up and rubbed a hand over his face and groaned.  He hated jets. Boats, fine. Cars, fine. Jets? Too fast. Feeling the need to clear his head before he got into any amount of thinking or investigating he decided to head out into the city to get a feel for it.
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 17, 2012, 02:12:43 pm »

Spoiler: ooc (click to show/hide)
Monday March 10, 2012

+-- Terrence Kennard (SingularByte) --+
(23490227(2))
You don't have an actual flask on hand, but you do have an empty jar of jam that you're able to recover from the trash, clean out, and make use of. You consult the books you have in the store, which are of little help, and your own memory before ascending to your room and making the Witch Jar. A pin-prick of blood, some disposable razor blades, and a quick impromptu rhyme for protection.

You place the jar over the sill of your bedroom door, and then sprinkle a little extra salt around before heading out, leaving Liz to close up shop in a few hours. Luckily, your bank is just down the street so it's a short walk. After waiting around for a bit, you're admitted to meet with one of the bankers on staff. She wants to know how much you're looking to get, and what kind of loan it will be.

+-- Johnatan "Sparkly" Spark (Shadenight123) --+
"Ah, it's a she, sir." Gomez replies, leading you down the slope and past a line of yellow tape. There's already another squad car here, and one of the officers is talking with a pudgy man who is wrapped in a blanket and sitting in the back seat, sipping from what looks to be a cup of coffee. A golden retriever sits nearby, watching the pudgy man intently. Not far from that, is a mortician's van.

"Civilian found her while walking his dog, flagged down me down. Jimmy's talking to him right now. There was a purse by the body, but we haven't touched anything like I've said. Right past the mort. It's...it's not a pretty site, Detective, d'you mind if I don't accompany you the rest of the way?" It's only about twenty-five feet to the scene, but you can tell almost immediately that Gomez doesn't want to be even this close.

+-- Elizabeth "Liz" Karsten (Hailfire) --+
You slump against the door to your apartment, and before you can fish out your keys it swings inward and you fall to the floor with a thud. The kitchen is in shambles, somehow messier than you left it. It would appear that someone broke in, and whoever did tore the place apart in their apparent search for something to steal. The fridge beeps incessantly, alerting you that whoever it was left the door to that open, too.

+-- Noemi Schor (RogueArchivist) --+
You peer down from your vantage point as your stomach grumbles. A man steps out from the car, indistinct from so high up, and waves to the car before it speeds off. He then turns, and ascends the stoop, entering the apartment.

+-- Michael "Angel" Raguel (Filiusenox) --+
"It's no problem really, hun," Marissa replies, "though maybe you can pay me back with dinner some time." She winks, and speeds off.

You get the distinct feeling someone is watching you as you approach the door to your apartment, but you get that feeling here all the time so you brush it off. Someone left a pin in the door, but there's nothing attached to it anymore. You fish out your keys, open the door, and head inside. Your apartment is on the second floor, and as you enter you can hear the blaring, grating sound of some pop song coming from Mary's room. There's a rose sitting on the kitchen counter, its petals flaking, and burnt to a black-brown.

Tuesday March 11, 2012

+-- Hirov Ferrin (Phantom of the Library) --+
You head out of your lodgings, and take to the streets. Boston is, it seems, no different from any other city. As you walk, a squad car flies past you, sirens blaring. Someone is reading a newspaper nearby, though its for Monday, making it a day old. Odd.
As you pass by a diner, where even the windows are conspicuously greasy, your stomach rumbles, reacting to the scent of what might be frying sausage, but could just as easily be a burger or some kind of soup.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #79 on: April 17, 2012, 02:33:26 pm »

Johnatan flinched an eyebrow, was this guy a rookie in homicide? Still...
"Fine then, have a query for missing people whose description correspond to the woman filed through, maybe someone already reported her disappearance, and keep the eyewitness around long enough until I get back" he spoke slowly. Not that he didn't trust Jimmy to do his job, it's just there was a difference between routine questioning and his questioning. A little difference.
Let's hope to have luck on our side he thought.
With that said, Johnatan moved past the Mortician van, prepared for what? It could have been disembowelment, or maybe what, decapitation? Head trauma? He would have smoked, he really needed a smoke. Unluckily it was a crime scene. He carefully looked around while moving towards the mortician, cause you never know what you can find of useful. Nor where. 
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 02:40:53 pm by shadenight123 »
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 17, 2012, 10:49:39 pm »

"M'gyaa?!" Snapped out of her reverie, Liz flailed for a moment, just barely tucking her arms in in time to avoid faceplanting into the carpet.

"Open...?" She groaned as she heard the beeping of the refridgerator. 'I've been robbed... If I'm out of food again, I'm going to be pissed...'

She'd only gone shopping last week, too... no, something just didn't add up here. Who would go through the effort of climbing all those stairs and breaking into her apartment specifically, just to raid her fridge? It's not like there was anything else here really worth stealing, anyway... except maybe books.

"Oh, Hell." She'd already had a book and research stolen from her once today, and things were starting to feel a little too... nostalgic for her tastes. Had they found her again? ...But if that was the case, she must be getting close; she had to find that tome! ...But first things first.

As quickly and quietly as possible, she hauled herself back to her feet, depositing her bag by the coffee table and refreshments on it, before grabbing her staff from where she'd left it leaning against the doorframe, and slowly closing the door. Then, staff at the ready, she began to make a circuit of the apartment- as soon as she made sure the intruder wasn't still around, she'd lock and deadbolt the door, and see what all, if anything, had been taken; depending on the results of that search, she might have to get in contact with the police and/or her friend... Liz could only hope she wasn't having similar problems.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 10:51:39 pm by HailFire »
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

SingularByte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 18, 2012, 05:07:03 am »

"Hello, does this bank offer any kind of credit cards for businesses? I'm buying some stock for my shop but I don't have enough cash on hand for one particular item. If possible, I'd like a card with a credit limit of at least two or three thousand."

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 18, 2012, 09:01:40 pm »

Hirov glanced at the diner, and started to walk away trying to ignore the smells, but he gave in.  He couldn't just pass up the chance to consume some good, greasy, American food for the first time in months.  He walked into the diner with the intention of obtaining first a newspaper and then a hamburger.
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 19, 2012, 07:02:47 pm »

Angel set his key ring- he had quite a few, from over the years, some where ex girlfriend's, or from places where he used to work or live - down on the counter next to the burnt rose. He picked it up and brought it up to his nose.
For some reason he was expecting to smell like a regular rose, but it had a burnt smell to it, like cookies left in the oven for too long.

"Huh."

He put it back down in the spot that it was before, adjusting it a bit so it looked like he didn't mess with it, then headed down the short hall towards his sister's room.
He knocked twice on the door, before pausing for a few seconds and knocking three times.

"Hey, Mary, turn it down!"

Deep Waters

• Bay Watcher
  • earth does break the things that we make
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 21, 2012, 06:04:57 pm »

I don't actually know much about alcohol. I know that there's beer, wine, whiskey, liquor, vodka, moonshine, and all those other kinds of alcohol, but I couldn't begin to tell you the difference between them, except maybe aside from general flavor. I end up ordering whatever is on the tap, hoping it wouldn't be too expensive. The bartender nods, filling a clean glass with frothy amber beer from the nearest, and hopefully cheapest tap before plonking it down in front of me.

It's everything I would ever expect from a beer, a taste of yeast and alcohol that stuck in the back of my throat like stage fright during a recital. Or maybe performance anxiety in the middle of doing it. I giggle at the thought, already anticipating the heady feeling of drunkenness. I drain the glass in seconds and ordered another. The bartender obliged, and set another pint down in front of me. I drained this one faster than the last.

“Are you sure you don’t want some vodka or something?” the man asks half-heartedly.

”No, this is fine. I'm fine.” I muttered, almost to myself.

The bartender shrugged and took my glass, he refilled it before setting it back in front of me.

>
●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●• ││││
>

I'm on the fifth drink before I manage to work up enough courage to even think about talking to those people in the corner. My head is starting to feel full of cotton, my thoughts sluggish and pleasantly swaddled. I ramble to myself about the pros and cons of trying to talk to them, several times making up my mind only to change it again, interspersing the thoughts with random, ephemeral comments about the oddest things (some of which I'm sure I said out loud), my mind is made up. Before I can change it again, I drain the last bit of beer in my glass and stand up. I almost trip over the barstool but managed to steady myself on the bar.

I barely manage to hide my lack of balance as I walk over to the people in the corner, doing my best to act as if I'm not drunk despite knowing that I'm completely wasted. I'm partially successful when my voice comes out only slightly slurred. In fact, I'm more stuttering than slurring, filled with a nervous fear not even the alcohol coursing through my veins was able to shake- all jitters and racing hearts.

“So… uh… d-do you know that woman with, uh… black hair and the… really n-nice curves?”

((All thanks go to File for the eventual arrival of this post.~<3))
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 01:15:32 am by Deep Waters »
[23:14:34] <GameMaster> And so (...) a one-armed dwarf and a mage wearing a blanket walk into a tomb.
[23:14:42] <GameMaster> Sadly, that isn't a joke.

[20:42:03] <HailFire> our wizard tower just got smoked by projectile cats from space

RogueArchivist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 22, 2012, 01:20:17 am »

Damn. Too much elevation. I really should remember to bring my binoculars with me just in case when I go out. She sighed.
Okay, that was probably either this "Micheal Raguel", one of his friends, or Neil. If it was Neil, then I can try to warn Mr. Raguel. If that was Mr. Raguel, then the next person will likely be Neil. Either way, I need off this roof.

Noemi makes her way back to down the fire escape to the street and tries to loiter as inconspicuously as possible.

(Sorry for the wait.)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 01:23:58 am by RogueArchivist »

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 22, 2012, 11:33:17 am »

Monday March 10, 2012

+-- Johnatan "Sparkly" Spark (Shadenight123) --+
(261289(2))
Gomez nods and assures you that they'll keep the guy around for you before hurrying back up the slope, leaving you alone to proceed to the mortician and the corpse...

Stepping around the mortician's van, which was placed to block the view of the scene from the road, you're immediately struck by a wave of nausea. You've seen murder scenes before, you know how grisly they can get. But they've never been anything like this.
She might have been pretty, in life. You wouldn't know, you can't look at the mangled mess that she has become long enough to study the face, which is still very much intact, mouth twisted, gaping, and buzzing with flies as she offers a blank stare to the heavens. Her limbs are splayed out in the blood-soaked grass, and, though she is fully clothed, someone has split her open down the middle, pulling her ribs aside so that you can see deep into her hollow chest cavity. The stench is unbearable.

As you pause to steady yourself, the mortician's voice comes from nearby. "Detective, someone should've warned you..."
You feel the man's clammy hand against your own as he presses a medical mask into your palm. "Here, this'll help with the smell a bit."

+-- Elizabeth "Liz" Karsten (Hailfire) --+
(85548(2))
You grab your staff and quietly close the door before slowly creeping through your own home, on the prowl for any lingering intruders. You circuit the apartment twice before returning to the door, empty-handed. Whoever broke in is long gone by now, so you resolve to try and get an idea of what was stolen. First up is the fridge. The milk carton is laying on its side now, and the milk is dripping out to form a puddle on top of a box of frozen peas below that, but otherwise everything is as you left it.

It's only as you turn away from the fridge and look to the table in your kitchen that you realize what has been stolen. Your books and notes are all gone, the table is cleaner than you've seen it in days. With your photographic memory, remembering the things you've already read and taken notes on shouldn't be difficult so it isn't that great of a loss. It's the books that you hadn't yet gotten around to that are the problem. Never mind whatever book you were reading this morning...
Strange. You can't even remember the name of it.

+-- Terrence Kennard (SingularByte) --+
The banker turns to her computer and begins to type, pausing every now and then to ask you questions about your personal finances, how much your business makes a year, and other such things in her almost robotic drawl. Then she taps one final button, and turns back to you. "Your interest rate would be between ten-and-eleven percent. According to my files, you currently have an outstanding business loan, so you will need to wait between four to seven business days for the higher ups to review your information."

She pulls out a pen and a sheaf of papers, handing them both to you. "But you can begin the process now, and we will keep the information on file should you be accepted into our business creditor's program."

Tuesday March 11, 2012

+-- Hirov Ferrin (Phantom of the Library) --+
You pause just outside the diner, and then head inside. The place is actually much neater within than it would appear without, and aside from a few people lounging around the place is empty. You snag a seat by one of the cleaner looking windows, where someone, luckily, has left a news paper behind. It's for today, but before you can get a chance to begin reading the waitress comes up to take your order. Not long after she leaves, you hear someone sit down across from you.

Lowering the newspaper, you're met full-force with the pearly-white grin of a man you know only as Chet. Chet works for the History channel, and you wouldn't be surprised if he was mistaken for an intern fairly often. He looks young enough to be one, but as soon as he speaks the illusion is lost. And, anyways, you know the real story behind him. He's the man who can make or break a person's career. There's someone else with him, too. A paunchy, balding man who seems to have all of the color drained from him until he's just browns and grays. All the color, that is, except for the brilliant red in the bouquet of roses he's carrying.

"Heyyy Champ," Chet begins, shaking your hand before you can even react, "Glad to see you could make it! I really am!"
He grins, and motions the waitress over, ordering a drink for himself and his companion before shooing her away. "Anyways, I was just looking for you, make sure you're all settled in."

He pauses and looks to his companion. "Oh! Right! Where are my manners? Hirov, buddy, this is Neil. Neil, this is Hirov. Hirov's an author, big foot and the lochness monster and that sort of shit."

Monday March 10, 2012

+-- Michael "Angel" Raguel (Filiusenox) --+
There's a momentary pause, and then the music is turned down. Just barely. A moment later, Mary opens the door a crack. Her hair is tied back in a pony-tail, and she's wearing sweatpants and an old t-shirt. Strange, considering the care she usually puts into her appearance even when just lounging around at home. Even stranger, is that you can see her notebooks laid out on the desk behind her. She's actually doing work.

"Yeah?" she asks, already somehow exasperated.

+-- Charlene "Charlie" Tanner (Deep Waters) --+
(056(1))
You manage to avoid stumbling, at least, though your stuttered words (with a slight slur, despite your best efforts) are more than enough to betray your intoxication. Or they would be, if the inanity of your question wasn't. One of the woman closest to you taps out her clove in a tray, and smirks bemusedly. Her male companion, the only male in the group in fact, grins at you. The moment he sets his eyes on you, the chattering begins, growing louder than it did even when the old witch read your palm.
It comes to an abrupt silence when he begins to speak. "Yeah, I know her, man. We were just talking earlier, actually."

+-- Noemi Schor (RogueArchivist) --+
(87759(2))
It's much easier getting back down than it was going up. You're not in as much of a rush, and you also don't need to worry about making some sort of giant leap just to get to the ladders. Once down on the ground below, you make your way onto the street and pretend to examine the street signs before feigning a phone call. You top off the charade by sitting down on a nearby stoop, and casually watching the cars drive by.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 11:54:51 am by thatkid »
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

SingularByte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 22, 2012, 02:00:34 pm »

"Hmm.... before I sign it, is there any kind of introductory period for it? Most cards offer a few months of no interest."

Terrence began to read through the papers, looking for any unexpected charges or other surprises, as well as how often the interest needed to be paid and how often it's compounded.

Whether or not there's introductory rates, Terrence will sign the papers, unless there's anything objectionable in the small print.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #88 on: April 22, 2012, 02:32:27 pm »

Urgh...who the hell freed Saw in the city?! Sparkly thought, grabbing the medical mask and slowly breathing through it.

"Just...what? Listen...doctor, just...let's get this over with..." he carefully placed the elastic of the mask around his head, so he could free his hands to grab his bloc notes, looking at the white pages was better than looking at that mangled corpse. Don't think about that, come on, this is still early morning you know, come on, keep your cool, keep your cool; he neatly wrote down the following things on his bloc notes, at the same time asking them to the mortician:
Hour of death:
Mode of death:
Something missing...inside:
Traces of blood around the scene:

"I'm pretty sure I'm right, but I still want to ask to be sure: she wasn't killed here, right? I mean; there are no tools around here to mangle a body like that..."
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 09:14:19 am by shadenight123 »
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 24, 2012, 11:43:49 am »

"Yeah?"

Angel, began to ask her about her homework, then he noticed the opened notebooks and various writing utensils beside them, and was surprised that she was doing it already, he normally had to nag at her to get her to do even a bit. It was a little worrying. But there was no use telling her to do it, when she was.

"Can you keep the music down a bit?...And is everything alright?"

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7