Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: am i the only one excited for bugfixes updates rather than new content  (Read 1530 times)

luppolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Taffer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No, you're not. I'd love to see more stability before new features are added.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile

Not at all, although I wish there were more people who pushed for specific content.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Livonya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I am both excited about bug fixes and ready for Toady to move on to new content.

I won't start a new fort until he is done with the bug fixes round, so while I want him to fix as many bugs as possible, I am also eager to play.

Either way all I really care about are progress updates.  I like to know what he is up to.  The development interests me just as much as actually playing the game.

Simokon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I am all for getting annoying bugs fixed over new shiny things any day. :)

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I like both. I enjoy bug hunting and reporting (the third best way to contribute after donating and advertising the game), as I enjoy following the development of new features.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm waiting for bugfixes too.

Though it's pointless to wait for bugfixes in a game like DF.

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No point in adding more content to the a game that is stricken with endless bugs which make it unplayable. That isnt the case here, but it will make the game much more enjoyable.
I was thinking more along the lines of this legendary champion, all clad in dented and dinged up steel plate, his blood-drenched axe slung over his back, a notch in the handle for every enemy that saw the swing of that blade as the last sight they ever saw, a battered shield strapped over his arm... and a fluffy, pink stuffed hippo hidden discretely in his breastplate.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile

Honestly right now I'd rather have new content. There doesn't seem to be crippling bugs in the game right now.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

It depends on the bug. Occasional crashes from bronze colossi standing near zombies? Not too important, I'd rather have revamped towns. Game-freezing adamantine spires? Well, also not important, but also also game-breaking, I could go either way. Unkillable husks? Forget you, new features, I want survivable evil areas!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

NTJedi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: am i the only one excited for bugfixes updates rather than new content
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2012, 10:26:45 pm »

I would say bugfixes... especially anything which improves our FPS.  The **ONLY** exception to this would be providing sieging goblins with actual sieging devices or seiging weapons!! You can't help but feel sorry for them running through a death maze or standing outside your walls/gates.

The original poster should have setup a poll instead of only a question.