Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 27

Author Topic: A (modded) Minecraft Adventure [Image Heavy!]  (Read 101680 times)

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
Re: A (modded) Minecraft Adventure [Image Heavy!]
« Reply #165 on: April 16, 2012, 02:15:59 pm »

Pretty sure you need a new world for it. And they don't start appearing until you get your own kingdom. I never personally got that far in it before MC updated.
*Hugs*

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #166 on: April 16, 2012, 02:18:58 pm »

Pretty sure you need a new world for it. And they don't start appearing until you get your own kingdom. I never personally got that far in it before MC updated.
Hm, when I used it before it would generate the guild and such once you installed it and didn't require a new world. regardless, I'll research when I get home.

Does anyone have a link to a 1.2.5 version?

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 16, 2012, 02:20:05 pm »

That's also possible. Just be sure you log out far away from your house before you install it ;D
*Hugs*

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #168 on: April 16, 2012, 02:23:41 pm »

That's also possible. Just be sure you log out far away from your house before you install it ;D
More interesting... I wonder if it would work in ANOTHER DIMENSION!

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 16, 2012, 02:34:06 pm »

Hm, when I used it before it would generate the guild and such once you installed it and didn't require a new world. regardless, I'll research when I get home.

Does anyone have a link to a 1.2.5 version?

http://www.minecraftmine.org/tale-of-kingdoms-mod/

As of 1.2.3, this doesn't seem to be the case. I encounter them (far too) frequently as soon as I've signed on with the guild. They are the most absurdly OP enemy I have seen in Minecraft to date, and there flaming holes are a blight on the beautiful desert sandscape. ;_;

More interesting... I wonder if it would work in ANOTHER DIMENSION!

Guld Guardians are encountered in the Nether... so, maybe you'll at least find references. :P
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 16, 2012, 03:33:24 pm »

Hmm. I really hope this epic modpack comes out soon...

I'm losing my apartment Friday and will be staying on a friend's couch for the foreseeable future following my recent loss of employment.

Do you think these mods might be updated in the next week? I'd really love to download the modpack since my friend's place has no internet.

I will love you forever if you do somehow manage to release the .25 modpack in time for me to download it. :)

I've stocked up on 40 different roguelikes, a bunch of games like The Ship, Europa Universalis III, Civ V, Galactic Civilization II, Uplink, Etc. Every game I bought in the past or my friends have, I downloaded onto my laptop in preparation for my soon-to-be shutoff.

Sadly my PS3 just broke. But I don't care, because between DF, Cataclysm, Inception, GalCiv, EU, and Civ, I can play on my laptop for a year without becoming bored.

If I get this modpack (ESPECIALLY if it has this odd kingdom stuff you've been talking about) I'll be fit for life.

Out of curiosity, how the hell do you work all that machinery? Not the Thaum stuff, but the actual machines? When I tried the old version of the modpack, the 'cheat mode' had 24 pages of crazy machines and so many damn things, none of which I had any idea how to use. :P
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #171 on: April 16, 2012, 03:39:57 pm »

Ouch. I'll get you a copy of whatever I have before Friday man. As for the crazy machines, well you'd probably need to download offline copies of the wiki for each mod or just rely on a lot of trial and error

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 16, 2012, 03:46:33 pm »

Ouch. I'll get you a copy of whatever I have before Friday man. As for the crazy machines, well you'd probably need to download offline copies of the wiki for each mod or just rely on a lot of trial and error

That would be absolutely magnificent. I'm very happy with your progress, and am absolutely AMAZED at the book/world thing. It reminds me of my favorite childhood trilogy, Myst, which this is most likely inspired by. A very famous book series actually, and they made a Myst game as well if I'm not mistaken. The new texture pack is also great, a very nice mixture of textures, whereas most packs have some pretty iffy graphics mixed with the good. =)

Out of curiosity, the void chest disappearance, the magic portal-books, the pyramid, and such, are all those things RNG, or your own work in making a better story? Some of your posts seem much too awesome to be a real, randomly-generated part of the game.

If you didn't make them, then your modpack is by far the most awesome thing I've ever played and watched in my life. If you embellished to make a better story, then I've found new levels of respect for the quality of your RP.

DAMN it. I'm definitely going to be hitting the local library to use their computers, I want to see what you do next!
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #173 on: April 16, 2012, 03:52:58 pm »

That would be absolutely magnificent. I'm very happy with your progress, and am absolutely AMAZED at the book/world thing. It reminds me of my favorite childhood trilogy, Myst, which this is most likely inspired by. A very famous book series actually, and they made a Myst game as well if I'm not mistaken. The new texture pack is also great, a very nice mixture of textures, whereas most packs have some pretty iffy graphics mixed with the good. =)

Out of curiosity, the void chest disappearance, the magic portal-books, the pyramid, and such, are all those things RNG, or your own work in making a better story? Some of your posts seem much too awesome to be a real, randomly-generated part of the game.

If you didn't make them, then your modpack is by far the most awesome thing I've ever played and watched in my life. If you embellished to make a better story, then I've found new levels of respect for the quality of your RP.

DAMN it. I'm definitely going to be hitting the local library to use their computers, I want to see what you do next!
The link book mod is indeed based on myst, it is actually called Mystcraft and it is extremely amazing. You can even write your own ages, and there are some special ages that you can find.

By the void chest disappearance thing, what do you mean? The transition where the old lab was destroyed I did myself for the narrative. The portal books are part of the mod, and the worlds they link to are entirely random. The Pyramid is one of about 4 dozen random dungeons generated from Better Dungeons mod, and I wish I could have shown you how friggin huge the labyrinth beneath it was. I could have taken more screenshots but all you would have seen was yet more passageways. It took over an hour to navigate the entire thing and light it up to stop the spawns, and I used 4 stacks of torches! Then the boss sphinx I had no idea how to fight and nearly got fried in magma after I killed it, before noticing the exit passageway.

So yes, parts of what I do are embellishment for the sake of narrative, parts are indeed randomly generated content. I do whatever I can to keep it entertaining for you guys.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 16, 2012, 03:54:57 pm »

By void chest I meant that chest that you/someone stole items out of.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #175 on: April 16, 2012, 04:08:14 pm »

By void chest I meant that chest that you/someone stole items out of.
Yes that was embellishment for story's sake. Although oddly enough there WAS a bug with the void chests for a while which would cause items in the network to vanish or reappear which is what gave me the idea. But really, nobody will randomly steal your stuff in the mod.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 16, 2012, 04:10:25 pm »

I'm assuming that's all in .25 because I played .23 (or whatever it is) and never found any of that stuff. The only overworld FUN I found were around two-dozen obelisks across my entire massive continent.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #177 on: April 16, 2012, 04:16:38 pm »

I'm assuming that's all in .25 because I played .23 (or whatever it is) and never found any of that stuff. The only overworld FUN I found were around two-dozen obelisks across my entire massive continent.
Well the bug I meant was in the very first release of thaumcraft 2. If you haven't played the new version there are some interesting changes for you. Vis now moves via a pressure system, with production machines like the infuser pulling vis/taint when they need it so that vis will move to the highest pressure block in the system. You can use this to separate Vis and Taint, and there is even a new tool for sorting your vis/taint out that I will show off later on. I wish I could update more often but my play time is limited and each update takes about 1.5 to 2 hours or more depending on what I am doing.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #178 on: April 16, 2012, 06:37:54 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edit: Also I determined that you do indeed need to start an entirely new world to use Tale of Kingdoms. Drat.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 07:08:14 pm by forsaken1111 »

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 16, 2012, 08:05:47 pm »

> It doesn't seem like a good idea to keep all your dangerous and fragile stuff in the same place. I suggest you house your lab in Age 54, which I suggest naming the White Plane, where conditions are easily controlled, and put your sleeping quarters, library, and storage of entirely harmless stuff in the twilight swamps, where the eternal twilight means no night to fear and a floating island can be easily secure. And it's also quite beautiful out your bedroom window.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 27