Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 27

Author Topic: A (modded) Minecraft Adventure [Image Heavy!]  (Read 101711 times)

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
Re: A (modded) Minecraft Adventure [Image Heavy!]
« Reply #75 on: April 02, 2012, 06:25:25 am »

Or, you know, I could just find it :P
Could you tell us which mods you're using? Also posing to watch.
I have the following mods installed:

Thaumcraft 2
Industrialcraft 2
Equivalent Exchange 2
Railcraft
Steve's Carts
Buildcraft 3
Somnia
((Apparently Redpower)

and a few others I don't remember, but those are the main ones.
Certainly enough of Technic for me, who needs Forestry or Villages? Okay, admittedly I like Forestry. But still.

Btw, IC/BC crossover?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 06:29:19 am by Twi »

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 02, 2012, 06:29:43 am »

Millenaire is shit tho.
*Hugs*

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #77 on: April 02, 2012, 07:02:20 am »

Or, you know, I could just find it :P

-snip-

Certainly enough of Technic for me, who needs Forestry or Villages? Okay, admittedly I like Forestry. But still.

Btw, IC/BC crossover?
Yeah I have redpower, forestry and bc/ic crossover and the logistics pipes/additional buildcraft objects mods too. When I posted that I was away from the computer and unable to check.

I won't be releasing the modpack until all of the mods get on the same page, which will probably be minecraft 1.2.5. Currently I am still on 1.2.3 because some mods haven't updated, some are waiting on 1.2.5, and some are on 1.2.4. Its a bit of a mess. The mods I include tend to focus on expanding the options of what you can do, and I'm nearly at the block ID cap. Checking my spreadsheet, I have 6 block ID's still open so it took some doing to get all of this working. I wanted powercraft in there too because I haven't gotten to play with it yet, but it takes way too many block ID's.

Any idea on layout for the new tower? I'm fairly unimaginative when building structures, and tend to do 11x11 or 9x9 cubes.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 02, 2012, 08:05:55 am »

If you want to be snazzy you could go for a hand holding up an orb, with your Thaumatorium inside the orb and housing inside the hand.

It seems very fitting.
*Hugs*

Xeron

• Bay Watcher
  • Kill your family
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 02, 2012, 08:15:42 am »

If you want to be snazzy you could go for a hand holding up an orb, with your Thaumatorium inside the orb and housing inside the hand.

It seems very fitting.
This....so very this

Ah, the spoils of pasting one self's face onto women's bodies...

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 02, 2012, 09:05:26 am »

> Iron and glass industrial-looking complex of mismatched modules and external piping suspended from the roof of a large cavern over magma. Glass covered shafts to let in sunlight onto a small farm. Mechanical way to get to and from the surface rapidly, either rail based or a lift.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #81 on: April 02, 2012, 09:27:00 am »

It seems very fitting.
This....so very this
Hmm... Minecraft is very blocky, I'm not sure if a hand would come out right. I could do some sort of wizard's tower with an orb on top though, something like this but with a suspended glass orb with my thaumitorium. The lower level could be my alchemy lab with the top being my Vis/Taint lab.

damn, I want thaumcraft 2 and that book writing mod (dunno what it's called).

goddamn my inept ability at installing mods! I ALWAYS manage to screw it up without an installer.

EDIT: yup. got all the right mods (modloader etc.) downgraded MC, and managed to balls it up and had to force update because it wouldn't start.

RAEG!

EDIT2: why does it have to be goddamned illegal to distribute the modified .jar files! It'd make my life so damned easier!
When I get home I will help you out. Unfortunately I don't get home until 7pm est.

> Iron and glass industrial-looking complex of mismatched modules and external piping suspended from the roof of a large cavern over magma. Glass covered shafts to let in sunlight onto a small farm. Mechanical way to get to and from the surface rapidly, either rail based or a lift.
Good idea, but it will take some time to clear out a large cavern manually. I wish minecraft generated some caverns on its own sometimes. I don't suppose there is an easy way to do this?

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 02, 2012, 09:31:07 am »

You could worldedit out some space, then just do the finishing touches manually.
*Hugs*

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #83 on: April 02, 2012, 09:33:55 am »

Hmm... will look into it. I want to do most of the stuff manually as so far I have avoided any cheating. I guess it wouldn't hurt to world edit in a cavern though, then fill the bottom with lava, so long as I build the complex manually.

Yay danger!

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 02, 2012, 09:40:28 am »

It doesn't need to look natural, in fact since it isn't it probably shouldn't, and I got the impression you could dig REALLY fast with that pick. Just dig down in a rough spiralling cone/pyramid shape from the surface, and excavate everything within except for a 3x3 pillar in the middle and a big lump to dig out the first few rooms from.

Edit: you shouldn't cheat. if you NEED to cheat for my idea to work then don't use it.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 02, 2012, 09:56:17 am »

Armok: The amoral God of Ethics.
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #86 on: April 02, 2012, 09:59:00 am »

It doesn't need to look natural, in fact since it isn't it probably shouldn't, and I got the impression you could dig REALLY fast with that pick. Just dig down in a rough spiralling cone/pyramid shape from the surface, and excavate everything within except for a 3x3 pillar in the middle and a big lump to dig out the first few rooms from.

Edit: you shouldn't cheat. if you NEED to cheat for my idea to work then don't use it.
Yeah I'd really rather not. The pick breaks a 3x3x3 section of stone (and stone only, no dirt) back from the block hit which does make it go a lot faster. I can add the lava in later for looks. I think I'll get the tower up first to get my current lab equipment transferred and then start on some IC2 stuff and railcraft. I need to get a coke oven up anyway so I can make rails and railbeds.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 02, 2012, 10:21:32 am »

Been watching this. Best Minecraft LP I have seen(not that I have seen a lot).

Gotta try out Thaumcraft now.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #88 on: April 02, 2012, 10:27:00 am »

I'm really glad you guys are enjoying it. I wasn't sure the format would be all that interesting. And so far I've really only hit on one of the mods I have installed. A bit of EE in there, but mostly Thaumcraft because I was the least familiar with it. Even that simple cobble generator has zero redpower stuff, just good old redstone dust and one repeater. Its about as simple as I could make it... 2 pistons, 2 redstone dust, 1 repeater and a lever. Entirely automated though, if you keep mining the output.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 02, 2012, 10:37:58 am »

I meant you make it over where the lava is naturally... And yea you can make the tower, then make this more secure facility under it.

... Oooh, just had a better idea! Make the tower, then just keep making the moat deeper and wider until it naturally becomes a cylindrical crater reaching all the way down to magma sort of like my earlier idea, but with more open sky and the tower on a pillar in the middle. Then, once continuing this gets pointless and ridiculous, you replace some of that stone spire with 1-tile pillars from some supermaterial out of paranoia so nothing can dig or climb up up through it, and some rediculusly secure way to get past it, and... and.... and....

You you have plenty enoguh to start with, more can be added later
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 27