Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 27

Author Topic: A (modded) Minecraft Adventure [Image Heavy!]  (Read 101694 times)

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A (modded) Minecraft Adventure [Image Heavy!]
« Reply #90 on: April 02, 2012, 01:53:46 pm »

I liked the tower prospect, personally, but do what you like and don't surrender your creative license to us. Part of what has made this so incredibly interesting thus far, is not knowing what to expect or how you will adapt to the situation in your next update.
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #91 on: April 02, 2012, 02:07:28 pm »

Yeah I have a few ideas to draw on now but don't worry, I tend to do my own thing regardless of what people say. I have an idea what I want to build, its just going to take some work.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 02, 2012, 05:17:47 pm »

I simply must thank you for persuading me to log back into my Minecraft account for the first time in months, since when last I tried even the browser version seemed to have become incompatible with my hardware. Not only did that it now runs fine and dandy, but that it also seems recent updates have made the game functional with my steam-driven graphics card! I cannot exaggerate on how much and for how long I have dreamt of this day. Time to blur the lines between sacred and profane- thanks again!

By the way, if you and these fine B12ers ever want to get together on a server...
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 02, 2012, 05:44:04 pm »

I simply must thank you for persuading me to log back into my Minecraft account for the first time in months, since when last I tried even the browser version seemed to have become incompatible with my hardware. Not only did that it now runs fine and dandy, but that it also seems recent updates have made the game functional with my steam-driven graphics card! I cannot exaggerate on how much and for how long I have dreamt of this day. Time to blur the lines between sacred and profane- thanks again!

By the way, if you and these fine B12ers ever want to get together on a server...

Note: double map height, so you can make a space station that cannot see the ground on normal render distance.

it has, however, had an effect on FPS.

I don't think my steampunk PC can handle that- with all the settings on minimum and the OpenGL boost, I can almost do the overworld without lagging. :/
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 05:53:23 pm by Ibid Straydrink »

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 02, 2012, 06:03:02 pm »

Note: double map height, so you can make a space station that cannot see the ground on normal render distance.

it has, however, had an effect on FPS.

I don't think my steampunk PC can handle that- with all the settings on minimum and the OpenGL boost, I can almost do the overworld without lagging. :/

Tried OptiFine?
It's about the only reason my PC can run Minecraft.
*Hugs*

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #95 on: April 02, 2012, 08:01:04 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 09:11:07 am by forsaken1111 »

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 02, 2012, 09:11:17 pm »

Whoa! You were able to move the obelisk? Impressive... hopefully nothing ill comes of it. The marble looks quite good, and I look forward to seeing how you build it up! I assume the lab and library are underground?

(Also- where on earth can I get a copy of Minecraft 1.2.3? I've spent the last couple of hours try to pimp my .jar, only to receive the black screen from (presumably) a lack of compatibility between 1.2.4 and the wealth of mods for 1.2.3. MUST RUN THAUMATURGY NOW! :-*)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #97 on: April 02, 2012, 09:17:01 pm »

Whoa! You were able to move the obelisk? Impressive... hopefully nothing ill comes of it. The marble looks quite good, and I look forward to seeing how you build it up! I assume the lab and library are underground?
no, i built around the obelisk actually. Easier that way. The library and lab arent set up yet as such. The will both go into the large rooms with the high ceilings. I made them tall so i could do a second floor. Still working out the details but wanted to get an update up.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 03, 2012, 08:23:13 am »

I'm just waiting for your pack before I start a massive megaproject. =) This has actually managed to get me out of my staunch traditionalism and into experimenting with mods and redstone.

This is, by far, the best Minecraft story, RP, let's play I've ever witnessed. Also, the old format was easier to follow and comprehend, really.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #99 on: April 03, 2012, 09:50:55 am »

I'm just waiting for your pack before I start a massive megaproject. =) This has actually managed to get me out of my staunch traditionalism and into experimenting with mods and redstone.

This is, by far, the best Minecraft story, RP, let's play I've ever witnessed. Also, the old format was easier to follow and comprehend, really.
Thanks! As I said, I'm holding off releasing anything until all of the mods are on the same page as I haven't even updated to 1.2.4 yet and am still using minecraft 1.2.3 for now. Minecraft updated to .4 halfway through me making this pack which was annoying because half of the mods updated too and the other half decided to wait for .5 ... ugh.

Anyway, as soon as .5 comes out and I do a bit of testing to make sure it all works, I will release it here and in the minecraft mods thread. I am glad you're enjoying it though, and I've reverted to the old format for updates.

please can someone tell me how to stop being afraid of hostile mobs in this?

I can't go into a cave without another person or going onto peaceful, because I just shit myself whenever a monster tries to ravage me.
Yeah this is one of the few games that can regularly make me jump. I had a case of paratrooping zombies backed by skeleton archers earlier while I was walking through the caves. Natural caves intersected above me and zombies jumped down from the ledge directly on me while skeletons fired at me. Good thing I had nice armor... playing always on hard is rough.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #100 on: April 03, 2012, 09:59:07 am »

Now, it's simple to stop being scared of monsters.

I was too for a while but then I solved it and can now use hard difficulty without problems:
just make a sword and charge without anything else in the equipment.
enter caves only with a sword, and charge.
go on, rinse and repeat, don't worry about anything.
after a while you'll start understanding how many hits take to kill a zombie, how they actually are tough, and so on.
So, just go on a mad charge in caves with little to nothing till you get good at killing and dying.
U_U
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 03, 2012, 10:27:14 am »

Looks awesome, but I'm a bit woried abaut the safety of living that near an obelisk.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #102 on: April 03, 2012, 10:28:56 am »

Looks awesome, but I'm a bit woried abaut the safety of living that near an obelisk.
That long hallway leading to the obelisk ends in an iron door and will be filled with safety. I took that into consideration, because who knows what the obelisk will do. I know high Vis/Taint levels can spawn mobs and the obelisk does give off Taint.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 03, 2012, 10:33:53 am »

Thanks! As I said, I'm holding off releasing anything until all of the mods are on the same page as I haven't even updated to 1.2.4 yet and am still using minecraft 1.2.3 for now. Minecraft updated to .4 halfway through me making this pack which was annoying because half of the mods updated too and the other half decided to wait for .5 ... ugh.

Anyway, as soon as .5 comes out and I do a bit of testing to make sure it all works, I will release it here and in the minecraft mods thread. I am glad you're enjoying it though, and I've reverted to the old format for updates.

please can someone tell me how to stop being afraid of hostile mobs in this?

I can't go into a cave without another person or going onto peaceful, because I just shit myself whenever a monster tries to ravage me.
Yeah this is one of the few games that can regularly make me jump. I had a case of paratrooping zombies backed by skeleton archers earlier while I was walking through the caves. Natural caves intersected above me and zombies jumped down from the ledge directly on me while skeletons fired at me. Good thing I had nice armor... playing always on hard is rough.

Would it be possible to put up a download of the old version you have? :)
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #104 on: April 03, 2012, 10:49:30 am »

I could, yes. I won't though because I don't have it made into a pack and distributing the jar files is against the rules of the forum and against mojang's wishes so I'd never put up a public download with them.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 27