Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27

Author Topic: A (modded) Minecraft Adventure [Image Heavy!]  (Read 101595 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: A (modded) Minecraft Adventure [Image Heavy!]
« Reply #375 on: June 25, 2012, 05:32:36 am »

SO, any updates?
Yes... sorry I've been busy again. I did work on minecraft a bit yesterday and I think I have everything working again. Some mod updates broke other mods and then forge updated and nothing worked so it took some effort. I'm not slacking...okay a little but not ONLY slacking... If all goes well I should be able to update tonight.

Looking at the poll, I think I'll advance along the technology stuff a bit more. You're right, I have done a fair lot of thaumcraft stuff so far. One note on Equivalent Exchange, I am not going to be using energy collectors at all. I'll be acting as if they don't exist. I'll use relays and condensers but no collectors. That should lower the broken-ness of EE somewhat and turn off easymode. With energy collectors it may as well be creative mode anyway as you can make almost anything.

So this way it will be alchemy and transmutation, not diamonds from sunlight and wishes. Keep in mind that to make one diamond with alchemy requires more than 8000 pieces of cobblestone.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: June 25, 2012, 05:35:31 am »

or 4 gold and with a grinder thats 2 gold ore needed
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #377 on: June 25, 2012, 05:37:01 am »

or 4 gold and with a grinder thats 2 gold ore needed
That's true, 4 gold ingots becomes a diamond with alchemy. But at least I won't be collecting millions of EMC just by waiting and sleeping with somnia.

andy_t_roo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: June 25, 2012, 07:38:44 am »

for a non-cheating EMC supply, a redpower based cobblestone factory can provide 10 cobble per second without extrenuous effort.

Thats how i power my current lab; cobble going to a condensor creating larva buckets, which go to IC2 geo generators :) (the resulting empty buckets are then returned to the condensor; net effect 20k energy from 64 cobblestone (the value of obsidian).

excess larva buckets are turned into glow-stone blocks, which are then dropped in a thaumcraft thaumic cruicible to power that also.
And finally, my emergency backup generator is a thaumic generator adjacent to my battery packs (bluetricity)

red power +buildcraft cobblestone generator => ee=>(ic2=>uu matter),thaumcraft=>spare bluetricity :)

nothing like having 5 seperate pipe lines under the floor ; logistics pipe, glass fiber cable, vis,taint (not next to each other), conductive pipe
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
Hell if I know.  Pretty humourous suggestion, but utterly useless in the case of roleplaying, if indeed the whole game world was one whole huge ass field of fruit.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #379 on: June 25, 2012, 07:43:17 am »

for a non-cheating EMC supply, a redpower based cobblestone factory can provide 10 cobble per second without extrenuous effort.

Thats how i power my current lab; cobble going to a condensor creating larva buckets, which go to IC2 geo generators :) (the resulting empty buckets are then returned to the condensor; net effect 20k energy from 64 cobblestone (the value of obsidian).

excess larva buckets are turned into glow-stone blocks, which are then dropped in a thaumcraft thaumic cruicible to power that also.
And finally, my emergency backup generator is a thaumic generator adjacent to my battery packs (bluetricity)

red power +buildcraft cobblestone generator => ee=>(ic2=>uu matter),thaumcraft=>spare bluetricity :)

nothing like having 5 seperate pipe lines under the floor ; logistics pipe, glass fiber cable, vis,taint (not next to each other), conductive pipe
That's a pretty cool idea actually. I think I'll borrow a bit from that and make my next objective to set up a power generation system for redpower, thaumcraft and IC2 based around cobblegens and machinery.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #380 on: June 25, 2012, 06:56:33 pm »

I just wrestled with a few updates for an hour but I have nearly everything working now, which is excellent.

Unfortunately it's also bedtime, so the update will come tomorrow.

andy_t_roo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: June 25, 2012, 09:29:39 pm »

That's a pretty cool idea actually. I think I'll borrow a bit from that and make my next objective to set up a power generation system for redpower, thaumcraft and IC2 based around cobblegens and machinery.

The best UU to EMC available is glowstone blocks, so that makes a good intermediate energy storage medium;

extra bonus points if you manage to have the overflow of the cobble generators feeding recyclers :)

emc-> EU via geo generators is about 1:300 ; eu=>emc via UU is about 100:1 but depends on a spaghetti of piping to make it work efficently (assumes full scrap supply :)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 03:04:19 am by andy_t_roo »
Hell if I know.  Pretty humourous suggestion, but utterly useless in the case of roleplaying, if indeed the whole game world was one whole huge ass field of fruit.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #382 on: June 26, 2012, 04:16:37 am »

I was thinking of doing mine slightly differently, based around a cobblegen forming obsidian which is dropped into a set of crucibles which then feed thaumic generators to produce power for IC2/Redpower/Buildcraft. We'll see, I will do some testing later today.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: June 29, 2012, 06:54:31 am »

I just wrestled with a few updates for an hour but I have nearly everything working now, which is excellent.

Well, I hate to say it, but it's been more than tomorrow.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #384 on: June 29, 2012, 06:57:00 am »

Well, I hate to say it, but it's been more than tomorrow.
Yes, I know. I've been sick. Hell I went to bed at 4pm yesterday.

I have started on the update but couldn't continue. It won't be much longer. :)

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: June 29, 2012, 06:57:30 am »

Yay! :D

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: June 29, 2012, 01:33:08 pm »

Yay! :D

+1

This is a fine thing you're a' doin' here, Forsaken. A fine thing.
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: June 29, 2012, 02:49:12 pm »

Your not-updating cost me all my free time last week as I checked out IndustrialCraft for myself!  I hope you're happy :P  (I am)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

andy_t_roo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: July 04, 2012, 07:30:35 am »

I know what you can do -
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1324321-125sspsmpbukkitforestry-extra-bees-112-adds-new-species-combs-bee-effects-and-liquids/#

breed bees to the point you get Nuclear Branch to produce a semi-renewable source of uranium for your IC2 nuclear reactor :)

(and never use the anti-matter relay or energy collector from EE, i made that mistake, and after a short while you may as well be using creative mode)

On the other hand, energy condensers to convert materials i think is a relatively non-cheating thing to do, as iron is quite expensive ....

Also, http://www.mod-buildcraft.com/forums/forum/sub-mods-and-texture-packs/thermal-expansion/ seems to be nifty - it allows conversion of bronze to brass, and a couple of other nice lag-reduction functions ; a "cobblestone generator" piece of machinery, a slowly self-renewing water source block, the ability to turn netherack into lava, and a few others; only things which you can basically do for free anyway, but which in the long run cause server lag.

Thief^

• Bay Watcher
  • Official crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: July 04, 2012, 07:37:51 am »

The energy collector would be fine if it was a lot slower. One free cobble block every minecraft day wouldn't be too overpowered. Constant free diamonds on the other hand...
Dwarven blood types are not A, B, AB, O but Ale, Wine, Beer, Rum, Whisky and so forth.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27