Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 27

Author Topic: A (modded) Minecraft Adventure [Image Heavy!]  (Read 101601 times)

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A (modded) Minecraft Adventure [Image Heavy!]
« Reply #345 on: May 17, 2012, 04:36:47 am »

By the way, how long do those portals stay in effect? If those things are bloody permanent, I need to invest in one ASAP.
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #346 on: May 17, 2012, 04:54:14 am »

By the way, how long do those portals stay in effect? If those things are bloody permanent, I need to invest in one ASAP.
It works just like the game Portal. They will stay until you reset them or drop a new one of that color.

Incidentally, this is on hiatus until I get over a very severe case of Diablo 3.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: May 17, 2012, 05:18:22 am »

i can drop items through portals and into a pick up pipe so i can open a portal and drop some items into my house or drop in my self
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #348 on: May 17, 2012, 05:21:34 am »

i can drop items through portals and into a pick up pipe so i can open a portal and drop some items into my house or drop in my self
Yep. I've used this before with a portal spawner over an obsidian pipe to drop stacks of items into my input chest for sorting while I was down mining so I could just keep going. It works well with only occasional spillage.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: May 17, 2012, 05:30:45 am »

Apparently one can pick up entities with the grab mode of the portalgun too, which is pretty frickin' awesome.

Grab mode in general is great.
*Hugs*

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: May 17, 2012, 05:45:30 am »

Apparently one can pick up entities with the grab mode of the portalgun too, which is pretty frickin' awesome.

Grab mode in general is great.
how do you do that?
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: May 17, 2012, 05:51:27 am »

You can also send mine carts through portals, as demonstrated by direwolf20: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-_eYHSqDNo#t=2460s
(Don't worry, I skipped to the relevant part for you)
pick up entities with the grab mode
how do you do that?
G by default, might need to play with the config file.

Bronimin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: May 20, 2012, 11:15:38 am »

Sorta a bump, but might as well add something somewhat interesting right?

So I was genning a new world (Named the "World of Death and Despair" Quite aptly) and I spawn in a snow biome,
the funny thing is what was waiting for me on spawn:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

All of the wolves in the above picture are naturally spawned, by some freak of world gen, and there was actually twice that amount off camera, they also all aggro'd on me the moment I punched one of them.
Just something to say I guess, along with the BUMP!

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: May 20, 2012, 11:53:49 am »

Never punch pixelated wolves, lest ye suffer the consequences.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: May 26, 2012, 11:27:40 pm »

Tentative poke of -iness?
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: May 31, 2012, 10:17:01 am »

So, are you over your severe case of Diablo 3 yet? :P

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #356 on: May 31, 2012, 10:31:34 am »

Testing a few things before I resume. Don't worry, it's coming!

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: June 03, 2012, 02:27:40 am »

I have yet to give this a go, but was curious- how frequent would you say the Better Dungeons dungeons are, Forsaken? They seem to make for neat adventurers... but are so gaudy.  :-\
You can adjust the frequency of them, and not all of them are quite so obvious. By default I really don't see many. So far I've spotted 3 while playing. The castle, the big spire, and the boat in the distance.

I was finding them all over the place so I lowered the spawn chance (also don't go on peaceful anywhere near a dungeon because the dungeon mobs do not respawn :-\ )

Triple late reply- how does one lower the spawn rate, if you don't mind explaining..? I'm not sure which file I am supposed to be tinkering with, nor how.
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

JackOSpades

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurker Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: June 04, 2012, 07:28:36 pm »

I have yet to give this a go, but was curious- how frequent would you say the Better Dungeons dungeons are, Forsaken? They seem to make for neat adventurers... but are so gaudy.  :-\
You can adjust the frequency of them, and not all of them are quite so obvious. By default I really don't see many. So far I've spotted 3 while playing. The castle, the big spire, and the boat in the distance.

I was finding them all over the place so I lowered the spawn chance (also don't go on peaceful anywhere near a dungeon because the dungeon mobs do not respawn :-\ )

Triple late reply- how does one lower the spawn rate, if you don't mind explaining..? I'm not sure which file I am supposed to be tinkering with, nor how.

it's in the .minecraft\Chocolate folder, file called BetterDungeons beleive it or not simply open it with notepad and you should see things like this

pyramidChance = 0.008

edit the number as you see fit

pyramidChance = 0.0008

save and exit

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: June 05, 2012, 03:30:12 am »

Many a thanks, and even a napkin. In return, I offer you this worldseed: Apsaras.

Get your sunscreen and a nifty turban, brother.  8)
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 27