Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 27

Author Topic: A (modded) Minecraft Adventure [Image Heavy!]  (Read 101692 times)

Bronimin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A (modded) Minecraft Adventure [Image Heavy!]
« Reply #105 on: April 04, 2012, 06:09:54 pm »

it just comes up saying 'minecraft has run out of memory' randomly, and at some points starts lagging beyond playability, so I have to restart. I acn't quit to menu then come back, I have to restart the full program. it seems to be using nowhere near as much memory as it should.

I hope you damn well appreciate this because I spent twenty minutes of my life trawling through the Thaumcraft thingy looking for it:
Quote from: Random Thaumcraft Jesus
go into control panel, open java. click java tab. click view. under run time parameters set that to say 2048 or high if you have more ram. Click ok then apply.

That is, assuming, you run windows :P

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #106 on: April 04, 2012, 09:43:39 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #107 on: April 04, 2012, 10:38:46 pm »

Spoiler: Author's Note (click to show/hide)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #108 on: April 05, 2012, 07:04:51 am »

Spoiler: Author's Note (click to show/hide)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #109 on: April 05, 2012, 07:24:01 am »

No offense intended but please discuss mod-related trouble and troubleshooting in the minecraft mod thread. :P

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 05, 2012, 07:25:05 am »

Yeah, I made the thing for a reason :P
*Hugs*

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 05, 2012, 07:28:29 am »

I see 3 updates have happened while I wans sleeping/in school. Excellent.

And this keeps getting more interesting. By the way, as far as I remember, you havent made a nether portal, so where did the glowstone dust come from?

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #112 on: April 05, 2012, 07:35:48 am »

And this keeps getting more interesting. By the way, as far as I remember, you havent made a nether portal, so where did the glowstone dust come from?
I don't actually remember, I think it was in a chest in the fortress complex, or in one of the void chests. I only got 2-3 of them initially, but once I got it I was able to target it and change coal/charcoal into it. Hideously expensive but useful. That is where the redstone is coming from as well. The Axe of the Stream makes it very easy to cut down trees, even very large ones, and I throw the wood in the arcane furnace to turn it into charcoal quickly.

Honestly don't remember though. Several hours usually goes into making each update; though it may not seem like it I've been playing quite a while now. I really should visit the nether...

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 05, 2012, 09:30:26 am »

Why did the moat take long when you have that super pick?

How hard are those singularities to make?

Can enemies traverse the portals, and can they be turned on and of and/or moved?

Consider making some pick with that singularity and/or wind+dark seal effect.

So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #114 on: April 05, 2012, 09:38:29 am »

Why did the moat take long when you have that super pick?
The moat took so long because the pick does not dig through dirt. The pick only does the explosion on stone, and most of the moat was dirt.

How hard are those singularities to make?
The singularities each take 1 coal, 2 redstone, 1 glowstone and a fair bit of Vis to make. Not terribly hard but not mass-producible.

Can enemies traverse the portals, and can they be turned on and of and/or moved?
Any entity can traverse the portal, even items can be tossed through. I believe there is a cooldown period for players and monsters. There is definitely a cooldown period after a player uses them. There is no way I know of to turn the portals off (though I know the mod author intends to put in an option to turn seals off when redstone is applied). They can be moved with some luck, the wand of reversal can pull the essence off the seal and then you can recover the seal and place it elsewhere.

Consider making some pick with that singularity and/or wind+dark seal effect.
Not sure what you mean here. I'm quite limited to what tools I have researched or are listed on the wiki.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 05, 2012, 09:44:07 am »

If you are not a newbie like me in redstone, you could make a semi-authaumatic crucible. You'll need:

-A thaumic crucible, with a redstone output...
-...which is linked to an inverter...
-...which is one input of an AND redstone logic gate
-the other being a clock (a circuit that goes on/off repeatedly and automatically. You can use a minecart for that.
-And the output of the AND gate lead to a dispenser, accessible from above, that drop things in the crucible.

It works like this: when the crucible isn't at least 90% full, the redstone lead the dispenser into dropping an object each time the minecart press the detector rail.

You can even link the crucible output to a glowstone lamp, so that you can know when the dispenser's empty (when it's shut off).
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #116 on: April 05, 2012, 09:49:30 am »

I could do that. Fairly easily too... Just need to research the crucible of eyes, which I don't think I have yet.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 05, 2012, 10:05:49 am »

I think you'll need the thaumic crucible, since the crucible of eyes can, and will, overflow.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #118 on: April 05, 2012, 10:08:32 am »

I think you'll need the thaumic crucible, since the crucible of eyes can, and will, overflow.
Yeah, I'd have to test it a bit. If I can make the thaumic crucible I will. Depends on what resources I have available when I get home tonight and get some play time in.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #119 on: April 05, 2012, 11:05:01 am »

but why would he? a tainted world is a beautiful world!
(i actually managed the quaesitum! and the philosopher stone!...I usually was an industriacraft 2 guy, but now, nothing stops me!)
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 27