Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Cage Question  (Read 1355 times)

Destructicus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Cage Question
« on: March 28, 2012, 10:02:14 pm »

I have captured quite a few goblins, kobolds, and trolls in cages from cage traps.  Several of them I have been able to manually place in my pit for target practice, because they show up in my place cage dialog (b, j) as "goblin cage" or "troll cage" or whatever.  However, now all I'm left with is "tower cap cage" or "zinc cage" in my list.  I can tell that they are invader-cages because I have a stockpile nearby exclusively for cages containing ne'er-do-wells, but can anyone figure out why some of them were listed explicitly as goblin cages and others just by the type of cage?  Once they are placed manually, they show up as goblin/troll cage in the link-to-trigger list.

Thanks!

KodKod

• Bay Watcher
  • Fond of despair and alcoholism.
    • View Profile
Re: Cage Question
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 10:07:18 pm »

Are you expanding the list so that you get when trying to place the cages so that it shows individual items instead of listing them by their materials?
/人‿‿人\
Tell me what you see. It's a mortal wretched cacophony!
KodBlog: A rage in progress. Updated 20/04/12

Nullset

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Enjoys dwarves for their myopic antics.
    • View Profile
    • Den Con 2012
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2012, 10:29:31 pm »

At first glance, I thought this thread was called "Nic Cage Question."  I can't help but feel disappointed.
I put together a two-person marksdwarf squad and sent them to stand *near* the river, without crossing it, hoping they'd shoot down at the goblins. Didn't work; one marksdwarf went to the side of the river, spotted the two goblins still alive, and jumped right in, whereupon he was killed by the dingos. Goblins eventually died, too, but the dingos are still hanging out. They've been down there about two years.

Destructicus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2012, 10:40:10 pm »

Are you expanding the list so that you get when trying to place the cages so that it shows individual items instead of listing them by their materials?

I knew it was something simple, thanks!

At first glance, I thought this thread was called "Nic Cage Question."  I can't help but feel disappointed.

The torture thread is thataway: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=105870.0

Nil Eyeglazed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2012, 10:43:03 pm »

I said, do you know
Where the caged goblins go
So sweet and scarlet and free
He he he.  Yeah, it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able...<P>It should be pretty fun though.

Fishybang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2012, 10:43:36 pm »

How did you get kobolds in cages? there trap avoid.
Quote from: AustralianWinter
Rakust finished her design - a skirt called "Clambreaks". I am not touching the woman, ever. And I'm not talking to her either.

geail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2012, 10:45:52 pm »

How did you get kobolds in cages? there trap avoid.

Alternate "weak" (wooden) weapon traps and cage traps.  If the kobold passes out from pain and lands on a cage trap.  BAM!!!  New prisoner for the dining room.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2012, 10:50:18 pm »

I've never seen kobolds to be trap_avoid.  Is that new?  They have a chance to avoid traps while invisible, but I always got a TON of kobolds in cages.

Fishybang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2012, 10:51:44 pm »

I've never seen kobolds to be trap_avoid.  Is that new?  They have a chance to avoid traps while invisible, but I always got a TON of kobolds in cages.

Odd the kobolds that come to my fortresses are never get caught. Even when there running away.
Quote from: AustralianWinter
Rakust finished her design - a skirt called "Clambreaks". I am not touching the woman, ever. And I'm not talking to her either.

KodKod

• Bay Watcher
  • Fond of despair and alcoholism.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2012, 10:54:27 pm »

If by new you mean 40d, sure.

I think the issue is that kobolds, being smaller even than a dog, are ridiculously easy to cause all kinds of icky pain to.
/人‿‿人\
Tell me what you see. It's a mortal wretched cacophony!
KodBlog: A rage in progress. Updated 20/04/12

Nil Eyeglazed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2012, 10:57:45 pm »

Mos def, right there in the raws (and I've seen them walk over pressure plates without triggering them plenty of times).  Wiki shows it in there since 40d.  If you fight them on top of cage traps, though, especially with any blunts, you're bound to snag a decent number.
He he he.  Yeah, it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able...<P>It should be pretty fun though.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2012, 01:43:38 am »

I never get outside anymore, so kobolds are spotted right after trap lane by the guard dogs. Then it's just a matter of pulling the lever for the spikes and hoping he passes out on one of the cages.
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.