Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 44

Author Topic: Brightwater: Community fortress of science, oceans, and animal taming  (Read 154877 times)

wsoxfan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Brightwater: Community fortress of science, oceans, and animal taming
« Reply #495 on: May 21, 2012, 11:31:59 pm »

I just caught up with this, could you dorf me as an animal trainer? I want a crack at training a whale. 8) I enjoy the fortresses that aren't purely militarily based.

CountAlex

• Bay Watcher
  • SpoonMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: May 22, 2012, 05:27:44 am »

Entry in Count's dairy, without date.
Okay, i have a little plan what to do next. As soon as duchess or dungeon master do not even think to avoid of any contact with this blue death, i have to stop being so passive. First, i'd visit this dwarf Corai as he lately was there and he one o а very few sane people here. Well, this kobold lover at least some popular here and it will be easier to reach others minds and lobby prohibition or restriction on adamantine development.
Second, i'll demand to have some mail or cuirass and sword and train to use it! I gotta be prepared, for the sake of my daughter! This time i don't let things happen by themself!

OOC:So, if it's possible, i ask to give my dwarf some armor and sword and put him to active/training state without schedule(as i remember responsible dwarfes in this state anyway train by themself time to time).
Adventures of brave Likot Udendeb in pictures
Urist McLegendary likes adamantine, steel, mugs and noobs for their questions. He absolutely detests trolls.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #497 on: May 22, 2012, 01:37:38 pm »

Journal entry, year 58

Cilob's trap chamber design has turned out to be just as effective as I had expected - a whale the size of an elephant is an excellent first catch. I'm looking forward to setting up the next trap chamber, and I've been thinking up some potential improvements to the overall design.

For the next chamber, though, I hope Cilob will remember to have the mechanisms and cages stockpiled right next to the building sites - walking all the way to the furniture stockpiles and back is tiring. If the others would be willing to contribute a small bit of their time bringing the mechanisms and cages to me in advance, I could get the next set of traps built and loaded in a fraction of the time.

(after all, I am impatient and quick to tire, and I don't like doing more work than necessary)
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

ObeseHelmet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: May 22, 2012, 03:38:51 pm »

And then, between the harrier brutes, for those who were not scared away by demons, he made the image of an elf.

In character: NOOO! BLASPHEMY!

OOC: What? Why would an elf scare anyone? They are armed with wood. Good luck getting killed by that even if you tried.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: May 22, 2012, 04:12:08 pm »

And then, between the harrier brutes, for those who were not scared away by demons, he made the image of an elf.

OOC: What? Why would an elf scare anyone? They are armed with wood. Good luck getting killed by that even if you tried.
I have killed a human as an elf, with a wooden sword. . . . . . and may splinters. many many splinters.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Fishybang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: May 22, 2012, 05:08:19 pm »

Just FYI Fishybang hates adamantine for what it did to corai.
Quote from: AustralianWinter
Rakust finished her design - a skirt called "Clambreaks". I am not touching the woman, ever. And I'm not talking to her either.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: May 22, 2012, 07:28:56 pm »

I have killed a human as an elf, with a wooden sword. . . . . . and may splinters. many many splinters.

Once, in kobold camp, one crippled elf with a wooden spear downed thirty kobolds before getting a head-shot from a bowbold.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #502 on: May 22, 2012, 08:55:59 pm »

i've read this from the start, its great. can you get me a list of dorfs or childrens.

All of them?  Okay:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

OCC: Hey sphalerite can i see my stats and friends?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I just caught up with this, could you dorf me as an animal trainer? I want a crack at training a whale. 8) I enjoy the fortresses that aren't purely militarily based.

Do you care about the gender?  I can give you Iteb Ralukurdim, female, former outpost liaison and animal trainer.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Ashsaber

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: May 22, 2012, 09:57:54 pm »

So red shirt I can't even get my gear together. Awesome.  :D

wsoxfan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: May 22, 2012, 11:15:26 pm »

Do you care about the gender?  I can give you Iteb Ralukurdim, female, former outpost liaison and animal trainer.
Not at all. I'll take Iteb, could you rename her to Iteb McSock?
(don't look at me like that. Everyone knows that Socks are the dwarfiest items every made).

StLeibowitz

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_CENTAUR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: May 23, 2012, 05:05:11 pm »

What're Saint's stats looking like right now? Friends, abilities, occupation...any mining or mechanical experience, in particular?
Generally, when one is conducting an experiment, it is worth noting that the observers went insane, killed each other, and then rose from the dead.
It's like DF inhaled a peanut.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: May 23, 2012, 09:59:38 pm »

I started reading a few days ago. Try not to spoil anything, but...are there dwarves that haven't been claimed, and if so, which ones? A dwarf who was born in Brightwater but is an adult or near it would be ideal, if one exists. Other than that...someone who hasn't been claimed, ideally without too much interesting about them (except royal lineage, that'd probably be neat, although of course not needed), so I can try and create his/her personality out of whole cloth.

If it's not too much trouble, I'd like a short list of any remaining dwarves, with name and a sentence or two describing skills, preferences, etc. Thanks if you do, Sphalerite!
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 09:03:10 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: May 24, 2012, 02:58:06 am »

I vote that Erush is set aside and unable to be dorfed, he integrated into the fortress's story so far. Plus the name is flipping epic.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: May 25, 2012, 02:50:29 pm »

may i see my dwarves stats, thoughts, etc?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #509 on: May 25, 2012, 03:02:14 pm »

My apologies for not having had time to work on the fortress this week, some emergency life stuff came up that has been keeping me completely occupied.  I should be able to get back to it this weekend.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 44