Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Anybody know what's with this dwarf?  (Read 1770 times)

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
Anybody know what's with this dwarf?
« on: March 28, 2012, 08:00:33 pm »

I have this dwarf locked in a room, and I'm having trouble figuring out what he is.

First, he is 128 years old, and has flawless skin. but, he is not a vampire because he gets thirsty and tired. He is not a were-beast either, I've had him walled off for a while and he never transformed (while another were-creature transformed several times.)
Now, a weird thing about him is that his entire body is covered in yellow wounds (except for the upper body) every single appendage, eye, facial feature, and organ. His throat, cheeks, and eyelids are brown wounds.

My question- What is this dwarf?

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Re: Anybody know what's with this dwarf?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 08:03:29 pm »

He got hit with some sort of syndrome?

128 years old isn't that old by dwarf standards.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

KodKod

• Bay Watcher
  • Fond of despair and alcoholism.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2012, 08:04:00 pm »

Sounds like a poor bastard with a nasty syndrome.

Have him killed.
/人‿‿人\
Tell me what you see. It's a mortal wretched cacophony!
KodBlog: A rage in progress. Updated 20/04/12

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2012, 08:04:27 pm »

Necromancer perhaps?

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2012, 08:04:37 pm »

He came like that in a migrant wave...

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2012, 08:05:20 pm »

Check his description for scars.  That can often be a sign of serious wounds that will remain yellow forever.

That dwarf may well just be a veteran of a military campaign or former adventurer, who had taken serious but non-lethal wounds in the past.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

white_darkness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2012, 08:07:04 pm »

I've had a few like this.  In some cases, they just heal up, in other cases, they don't.  But they're just dwarves typically.

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2012, 08:08:39 pm »

No scars, this is a fresh world, just touched.

He doesn't seem to have problems, just plainly shown as yellow.

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2012, 08:12:32 pm »

You could cause a controlled cave-in to (re)injure him to see if some fresh medical attention will fix things.
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

Tharwen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2012, 09:06:22 pm »

You could cause a controlled cave-in to (re)injure him to see if some fresh medical attention will fix things.

Body parts never heal past yellow (unless they change into a werebeast and back, but that's irrelevant here). Chances are he was just in a bad worldgen fight and the scars are still there.
[Signature]

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2012, 09:08:39 pm »

Body parts never heal past yellow (unless they change into a werebeast and back, but that's irrelevant here). Chances are he was just in a bad worldgen fight and the scars are still there.
Most likely this. I've seen reports of this pop up for a while and they seem to be entirely harmless.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2012, 09:44:59 pm »

HES ARMOK, MAKE A SHRINE TO HIM.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2012, 09:53:44 pm »

Eh, probably nothing. I was just suspicious because all he has for family is a wife and son, neither of which are present. Probably because they died in worldgen. I do feel like changing his profession name to "Medium of armok"

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2012, 10:03:00 pm »

My injured miner disagrees with you.  He hip and upper leg were broken (red) ... well, shattered ... and his lung was damaged (blue), while his upper body was injured (yellow) when his mining coworker foolishly dug out the dirt holding a tree up, dropping it onto his own head.  This killed the other miner; nothing like working with six dwarves, one of which is unconscious due to massive injuries, before you've been at the fort a month. :p

Three months later and Urist McMinerInjury is no longer listed as yellow for his upper body, nor blue for his lung, but is still listed as red for the left leg/hip, and slowly hobbling through the fort getting stone while confined to the mason's workshop. (I made the Fish Cleaner and Jeweler my new miners.)  Nine months to a year later, and even the shattered hip and upper leg are healed up to white again.

The cat, unfortunately, still limps around on her broken rear leg.
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2012, 10:04:09 pm »

Well, when I changed the profession name he actually fixed all the yellow injuries. Does that mean it's time for science?
Pages: [1] 2