Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many eggs should creatures lay at a time?

Original amounts (chickens 4-15, crocodiles 20-60)
Something in between.
Modest Mod's current amounts (chickens 2-4, crocodiles 4-8)
Fewer than that.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 21

Author Topic: Modest Mod 2.2 - Under new management  (Read 148480 times)

daveralph1234

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Dwarf Fortress for it's complexity.
    • View Profile
Re: Modest Mod 1.6 - All the vital bugfixes, nothing else
« Reply #105 on: July 08, 2012, 08:15:39 am »

Is it possible they only come once you have a baron?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #106 on: July 08, 2012, 05:53:56 pm »

Hey,

I had the idea for something like this mod as well, but got carried away a bit. The result you know. People give me a lot of feedback/requests, they want my Settings/GUI to revert back to vanilla DF, OR a bugfix/FPS-saving version, without extra features. So, this is what I will do. Would you be interested to combine our efforts ? I made the bugfixes before Toady started with DF34.xx and before his own bugfixes, so most of my stuff should be redundant by now.

What I am saying is: Masterwork DF with all Settings OFF should look a bit like "Modest Mod", maybe (probably) with my homebrewed FPS-saving stuff.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Igfig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 08, 2012, 07:25:56 pm »

Masterwork and Modest Mod already have a lot of overlap, but if you'd like to borrow some of my work then go ahead! I already went through Masterwork before I started and noted down all the vital parts, but if you've added anything new since then that you think would be of interest to me, I'd love to hear it.

Is it possible they only come once you have a baron?
Ah yes, that's almost certainly it! The wiki says that diplomats only show up if you have a baron.

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 09, 2012, 12:44:46 pm »

Good point; I didn't have a baron at the time.  My mistake!
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #109 on: July 09, 2012, 01:56:05 pm »

Ok, thank you. I remembered, that you asked me about some things when you started this, but my mod is from 31.25, and yours is made for 34.

I will let you know as soon as I start again.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 12, 2012, 07:40:03 am »

Just got a human guild rep, so I'm going to assume the patch works as intended in regards to reps and diplomats.  Haven't had a baron yet, but I imagine once I do I'll get told to stop chopping trees.
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves

RomanGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Baruk khazad! Khazad ai-menu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 22, 2012, 09:13:43 pm »

This mod is exactly what I wanted for fortress mode to fix little bugs and make little improvements, thanks. 

Besides making tilesets compatible, I would request that it be combined with the Wanderer mod since I think it also makes little but interesting changes to adventurer mode, but I may be the only one who wants that so do as you like.
The world is grey, the mountains old,
the forge's fire is ashen cold.
No harp is wrung, no hammer falls,
the darkness dwells in Durin's halls.
In Moria, in Khazad-dum.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #112 on: August 23, 2012, 07:36:06 pm »

For adv mode you might want to download masterwork and have a look at the speech folder. It will be a nice addition.

I also wanted to ask if you have added the child tag to all animals that are missing it. Seemingly many vanilla creatures that can now be tamed and owned (due to fixing the pet_exotic thing) do not breed.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 23, 2012, 11:01:32 pm »

For adv mode you might want to download masterwork and have a look at the speech folder. It will be a nice addition.

That sounds suspiciously like adding things.

Igfig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 24, 2012, 03:16:50 pm »

I've been considering a Speech Expansion module for a while now, but I'd need to do some curation first. That could take a while, so I've been putting it off. Even if it doesn't end up here, it'll definitely be in my forthcoming Easy Flavour mod.

Adding the missing child tags is a great idea. I'll keep an eye on that thread about it, and have it in the next release.

Wanderer's Friend adds a lot of non-vital content like elixirs, new tools, and mages. It also makes some broad changes to the raws that would be a pain to apply, and would make the Modest Mod less compatible with other mods. 

I would, however, be willing to add a few more adventurer reactions if you made a good case for them.  I already have some basic ones for tanning hides and making crafts; are there any other adventurer reactions that you would consider vital?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #115 on: August 24, 2012, 04:34:27 pm »

I cant help you with adv. mode, but I thought the speech.txts would be nice, because they in no way affect balance or gameplay. They simply add more flavor. Should have remembered the title of the thread: bugfixes, and nothing else ;)

Do you consider custom body and body detail plans bugfixes ? Like proper naming of bodyparts, different real-sizes, addition of brainstem and brainparts (to avoid one-hit-kills)

daveralph1234

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Dwarf Fortress for it's complexity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 24, 2012, 05:26:22 pm »

I cant help you with adv. mode, but I thought the speech.txts would be nice, because they in no way affect balance or gameplay. They simply add more flavor. Should have remembered the title of the thread: bugfixes, and nothing else ;)

Do you consider custom body and body detail plans bugfixes ? Like proper naming of bodyparts, different real-sizes, addition of brainstem and brainparts (to avoid one-hit-kills)

I agree with everything here, but only as optional modules.

Igfig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 27, 2012, 12:35:43 am »

I agree with everything here, but only as optional modules.

All planned for the Easy Flavour mod. Body detail plan changes will be a major part of it. I'll be sure to let you know when I start work on it in earnest.

Igfig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Modest Mod 2.0 - Now with graphics support!
« Reply #118 on: August 29, 2012, 09:01:52 pm »

Version 2.0 has been uploaded, adding support for the Phoebus and Ironhand graphics packs!

Also, I added a bunch of CHILD tags to most of the creatures with PET_EXOTIC, as requested. I did, however, skip sexless creatures like the fire imp and cave blob, and also giant vermin.

WaffleEggnog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Modest Mod 2.0 - Now with graphics support!
« Reply #119 on: August 30, 2012, 08:02:34 pm »

Version 2.0 has been uploaded, adding support for the Phoebus and Ironhand graphics packs!

Also, I added a bunch of CHILD tags to most of the creatures with PET_EXOTIC, as requested. I did, however, skip sexless creatures like the fire imp and cave blob, and also giant vermin.
Quick question, you said you made Dwarves and Goblins made "Fortresses" in world gen. That, in turn, is badass, but did you actuly get them to make there own type of settlment, or did you just copy the human one?

Thanks for this fix btw, its awsome.
WHEN POSSIBLE, I PREFER TO CONSUME YOUR FACE.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 21