Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many eggs should creatures lay at a time?

Original amounts (chickens 4-15, crocodiles 20-60)
Something in between.
Modest Mod's current amounts (chickens 2-4, crocodiles 4-8)
Fewer than that.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 21

Author Topic: Modest Mod 2.2 - Under new management  (Read 148469 times)

Igfig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Modest Mod 1.4 - All the vital bugfixes, nothing else
« Reply #90 on: June 22, 2012, 10:37:33 pm »

Really? I heard exactly the opposite. Can you confirm that?

And good point Armandhammer, they'll need shoes too. I'm willing to risk bad thoughts due to nudity, though: if I included trousers and shirts, that'd be quite a lot of rottable clothing overall, which would negate the entire purpose of Eternal Fashion. I'll put some warnings in the readme to notify people about the problems.

And just in general, I can't guarantee that any of the modules will be entirely without drawbacks. (The core mod should be perfectly fine, though.)

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 23, 2012, 06:11:41 am »

amazing, this mod includes pretty much everything that I do myself, so this will save me a lot of time. I don't know if it's included, but a request would be to fill up missing child tags from some old and new animals.
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 23, 2012, 09:59:32 am »

As far as I understand dwarfs need at least have shoes trousers and vests. (or anything that covers the same body parts) cloaks will not be enough methinks...
Cloaks are fine for avoiding thoughts about shirtlessness, they're upper body items.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Hesuchia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 23, 2012, 02:37:44 pm »

This mod looks awesome, but I'm just curious: why isn't it inherently compatible with graphics packs?  I'm not sure how the mechanics of all the modding works, but wouldn't raw editing not really mess with packs at all since they just make the tiles look different and this changes the background mechanics themselves?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #94 on: June 23, 2012, 02:57:01 pm »

Tilesets do change the raws, since the raw objects have an ID that points towards the proper tile. If #125 is a tree in Phoebus, and a fish in Ironhand, then you have to change the raws for that.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

randyshipp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 26, 2012, 10:08:54 am »

Tilesets do change the raws, since the raw objects have an ID that points towards the proper tile. If #125 is a tree in Phoebus, and a fish in Ironhand, then you have to change the raws for that.

If one wants to use this with the Phoebus tileset, is it a lot of work to get it going?  Is it something fairly simple and systematic to do, or is it a PITA?
Randy...

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 26, 2012, 10:50:33 am »

I'm working on something that makes stuff like that a LOT easier, but... for now you'll have to do it by hand.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Igfig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Modest Mod 1.5 - All the vital bugfixes, nothing else
« Reply #97 on: July 05, 2012, 05:47:21 pm »

Version 1.5 has been released, fixing the bugs people brought up and also adding the Seasonal Crops module.  Next up: Phoebus compatibility.

Also I've finally gone and written some scripts to help me apply the more time-consuming changes (the ones that have to check every creature in the raws, for instance). That should speed up my updates in the future.

I don't know if it's included, but a request would be to fill up missing child tags from some old and new animals.
Which ones are those? I didn't know there were any animals with missing children.

Zheel

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 06, 2012, 07:18:52 pm »

Nice job, Igfig, and thanks for putting this together!

I did notice when I installed though that I had to edit raw/objects/entity_default.txt to include the lines:

[PERMITTED_REACTION:MILL_FLOUR]
    [PERMITTED_REACTION:MILL_DYE]
    [PERMITTED_REACTION:MILL_SUGAR]

in the [ENTITY:MOUNTAIN] section to get those reactions available on my querns/millstones.

Also, I notice that using them produces no seeds, leaving me in a situation where I eventually run out of... say dimple cups. I tried tweaking the reactions to add something like this to each one

[PRODUCT:100:1:SEEDS:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:plant:SEED_MAT]

but it just results in the job producing a generic 'seed' that doesn't seem to be useful. Short of splitting the product-oriented reactions into a longer list of reagent-oriented ones, is there a way to have the custom milling jobs produce seeds like the built in ones?

Igfig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 06, 2012, 09:36:45 pm »

Wow, however did I miss those? Thanks for alerting me; I'll fix them as soon as possible.

In the meantime: the line you added to the reactions is correct, except that you'll want to use SEED instead of SEED_MAT. wait no what am I thinking

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 07, 2012, 03:17:08 pm »

Can anyone confirm the arrival of diplomats and guild reps?  I haven't had any show up yet.  Also, I'm not seeing an "Overseer" position on my noble list either.
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves

Igfig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Modest Mod 1.6 - All the vital bugfixes, nothing else
« Reply #101 on: July 07, 2012, 07:03:02 pm »

Version 1.6 is out, fixing those problems with the milling reactions. It also makes scale work like leather instead of shell (a recent thread on the topic made me think about it some more).

I definitely got diplomats and guild reps in the last game I played, but that was before I added overseers.

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 07, 2012, 07:05:45 pm »

I fixed overseers, but I don't know how you're getting diplomats and guild reps and I'm not.  You need to add [SITE] to the Overseer's raws (I just put it as the line under their name) for them to appearance.  As it is, they appear above the expedition leader in the noble listing.  To make them appear below, change their precedence to 115 (wasn't sure if first on the list was behavior as intended).

Are you getting elven tree diplomats your first spring?  I just ran a 900 FPS game with a simple fort to rush to spring, and only got elven traders, no diplomat.
On the Nature of Dwarves

Igfig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 07, 2012, 08:42:17 pm »

I don't remember the timing; it was a couple months ago.  Maybe they don't come until the second spring, so they can compare tree counts with the first caravan's visit?

And thanks for spotting the Overseer bug. I'll have the fix in the next version.

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 07, 2012, 08:53:26 pm »

I"m happy to help; I love the idea of a vanilla-compatible "bugfix" and am happy to help test it for problems.

I'll try the fortress I want to play with it, as is...see if they come after a second year.
On the Nature of Dwarves
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 21