Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Stagnation of the Fortress... aka CURSE YOU STAGNANT WATER PLAGUE!  (Read 1109 times)

Kaelem Gaen

• Bay Watcher
  • And then it appeared the most terrifying creature
    • View Profile

So I settled near a brook that instantly became stagnant as they are wont to do lately and I'm currently trying to set myself up with a pump purification facility and aqueduct.   How difficult is it to pull this off and avoid further stagnation of water sources?  And how likely is an underground cistern to become another festering Mosquito pit (What? that's where they usually live isn't it?)  It'll be one tile wide with floors and walls constructed of stone and wood.   It's also got a bit to travel  any tips on setting up a decent pump flow to keep it clean?

I'll upload a pick of my idea if it'll help visualize what I'm doing at the moment, just in the digging stages at the moment.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 12:43:47 am by Kaelem Gaen »

zx.pr0jk#

• Bay Watcher
  • Goblin Researcher
    • View Profile

I'm pretty sure all that matters is where you put the pump.

Where you put the pump output needs to be a cistern. All the water up to it can be whatever. The pump purifies all water passing through it so the output just has to be completely disconnected from all the water before it.

I just dig a water catch(attached to a water source and a floodgate) beneath the cistern and put a pump on top. All the water in the cistern will be pure*.

*Assuming you know how to make a cistern. I'm fuzzy on what the minimum requirements are so I just fully construct the walls and floor to be sure.

Kaelem Gaen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Doesn't freezing cause Stagnation now or is that just when pepole notice it the most? cause I plan to move the water to the fort at the moment the become a well since I believe the no longer purify like the pumps.

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile

A known bug #5232: Streams/brooks/rivers getting turned stagnant by nearby pools/ponds.
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

Kaelem Gaen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm aware of that, I'm trying to figure out how to work with the work arounds for it.