Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 58

Author Topic: Roll to Explore the Dungeon: Ch.2 T.38: Do you even praise the King?  (Read 120416 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Explore the Dungeon: Ch.2 T.34.5 - Attack on Elevator
« Reply #735 on: September 13, 2013, 08:13:22 am »

"Got it, Captain." Desmond says with a smile. He decides to relax a bit. "So, how many years have you been doing this whole adventurer thing, how'd you get started? I was a soldier myself, been bouncing around between jobs since I was drummed out..."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: September 13, 2013, 04:49:41 pm »

((Let the games begin. :3))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: September 13, 2013, 06:44:58 pm »

"Eh, that's kind of a long story, but there's a short version that should be good enough, too. I'm from a barbarian tribe living at the edge of the Frontier Wastes, somewhere to the northwest. And, aside from fighting, hunting, riding and herding there isn't much to do in the Frontier Wastes, so one day I took my horse, my weapons and some supplies and rode into the sunset. Didn't regret it yet."

Spoiler: Map of the known world (click to show/hide)
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: September 13, 2013, 08:55:35 pm »

((I will have a word with the mapmaker on the accuracy of the details. We need more proficient and competent explorers than this!))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: September 13, 2013, 10:09:04 pm »

((I will have a word with the mapmaker on the accuracy of the details. We need more proficient and competent explorers than this!))
((Maka volunteers!))
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: September 13, 2013, 10:50:06 pm »

(I love IO's simple style xD It's so loveable.)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: September 14, 2013, 01:32:59 am »

"Eh, that's kind of a long story, but there's a short version that should be good enough, too. I'm from a barbarian tribe living at the edge of the Frontier Wastes, somewhere to the northwest. And, aside from fighting, hunting, riding and herding there isn't much to do in the Frontier Wastes, so one day I took my horse, my weapons and some supplies and rode into the sunset. Didn't regret it yet."

"I was born a thousand miles from any of that, in Falconhold, to a Noble family...can't really say I've met many barbarians on amiable terms, though I sure fought some of them.

But, my own circumstances were similar to that. I didn't like the life that was intended for me so...I rode on. Changed my name, and they wrote me out of the will. Fair enough thing, freedom. Ironically I joined the military right after...but, now I'm here, I guess....

So, tell me what you think of our little group here. You can start with me. Did my report paint me in a good light?"
He asked, the old cocky smiling threatening to be unleashed.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Explore the Dungeon: Ch.2 T.35 - The Grand Sovereign
« Reply #742 on: September 16, 2013, 06:52:18 pm »

Turn 35: Dragons are made to be hugged

Initiative-off!

Maka: 4+(6)
Apollo: 3+(4)

Maka's victory!

Maka
Spoiler: Action (click to show/hide)

(1 - Backfire) Maka gets the head start and rockets off towards the dragon, paying no heed to her surroundings. She had a bug fuzzy wuzzy scaly beast to cuddle and wuddle! Her head jelly barely stays attached. She rockets over yon hills of gold, skips over forlorn artifacts, cartwheels once just because, starts running again and... stumbles over a stray scepter, burying her face in currency. That wasn't even the worst part. There was some fake coin somewhere in her face. She could feel it, tormenting her.

[LV6 Pain Check: 2+4-6=0, Flawed Success] No harm done. Coin-shaped indentations are a fashion statement, after all.

Apollo

(5 - Success) This is the moment the non-sugar-rushed-Apollo needed to catch up to the person he fears that is about to doom them all. He tackles her to the ground! He produces a quite awkward moment, sandwiching Maka between his really-not-manly-at-all body and the cold gold of the hoard, and much of Apollo's next few minutes are spent trying to alleviate this problem while also not letting the furious little mage go. He had her pinned, damnit! He had counted to 3 at least ten times!

Helskaya

(2 - Failure) Helskaya fails to transform into a bear. This disturbs him greatly. It was the only anchor in his life, apart from the magic. Now how could he ever become a big cuddly teddy bear again? Was his magic dampened? Was his bear gauge empty? Would he need to refill it by drinking beer?

Man, he needed a drink. Or a smoke. Actually, a drink and a smoke and a big fat hibernation.

Elenor

(2 - Failure) Actually, now that he notices it, there is a lot of fog gathered at the ceiling of this room, making it quite humid and really difficult to discern any details from his vantage point. And abandoning it is hardly an option. Stay close the door. Stay ready to abandon in the face of catastrophe. He didn't really have any other plan...

Remy

(5 - Success) Should any combat happen, Remy is 110% prepared for it. He briefly considers starting a fight just to not let his preparedness go to waste, but wisely decides against it. After all, the best way to prepare for peace is to prepare for war! But isn't also the best way to prepare for war to prepare for war? Thus, what use was preparing for peace? Why weren't all societies just permanently stabbing and bashing each other's heads in? Was it, perhaps, about who owned the bigger stick, such as a gigantic freakin' drago--

Remy quickly ceases wildly waving his guns about, and stays alert while also looking like he just prepared for peace.

Komas

(5 - Success) Komas' plan meets general, silent approval. Motivated by that, he triangulates the optimal navigational path from door to hole, and comes to the conclusion that the dragon lies exactly opposite of the hole, and you also do not need to walk on any loot to get to it, so getting out of the hole without stirring the dragon should be an easy thing. The second step of the plan is more suspect - after all, if a hypothetical smart coward was to jump out, he'd still have quite a fall ahead of him before hitting water. And, Komas worriedly remarks to himself, some of the party members are armored, and swimming in armor was traditionally a bad idea. So they'd need some sort of ledge to climb up on and get back into the tower at ground level, and he can't exactly walk over and look out of the hole... ah, screw it, he can. Better to have a head start, after all.

It turns out that the hole in the tower's side wall is large enough that, if the hypothetical coward-type person has enough time left and is dextrous enough, he could get into the next lower floor through a bit of climbing down the side of the hole. The room this hole opens up to appears to be not all that large, and it furthermore has doors. So once the dragon would squeeze itself out of its roost, the party could already be beyond the door, and safe.

But falling into the water wouldn't be the end of it, either. There were several partially flooded windows at water level that could lead to safety.

Taren

(6 - Overshot) Taren's problem: He wants to diplomacy the dragon, but the dragon's still asleep.
Taren's solution: Wake the dragon. A perfectly logical conclusion. He strides over with purpose, nobody suspecting him of trying what he is about to. And when he opens his mouth, putting the hands to it to amplify his voice, it's already too late.

"Helloooooooo! Mr. Dragon! We'd like to taaaaaalk to you!"

There is a stunned silence. And, then, slowly... the dragon does not wake.

But instead, the humanoid does. Letting out a great, big yawn into the total absence of sound. Slowly stretching, standing up in spite of the overbearing air of tension. And, finally, noticing the party trying its best to look like inconspicious scenery items.

"Oh... hey. We have visitors today? Doesn't happen often."

He - or she? That's quite long hair... and a dreamy voice... looks to the right, at the grand portal.

"But you didn't come in through the front door? That's weird. Doesn't every prospective dragon slayer come in through the front door?"

There is a collective wave of fear-borne petrification as the figure turns to face the group again. Maka's hopes of romancing a cute dragon chick are dashed by one look at 'her' legs. No woman could possibly have legs this hairy.

"So... this means you are not dragon slayers?" Tiruin nods quickly.

"Huh. Then... be my guest, and my master's, too. I am the Pontifex Draconis around here... As long as you don't swipe anything from his hoard, he's really nice!" His face contorts into a goofy, beaming smile. "Stay for a little longer, the other priests will come up soon with the tribute..."

--

Helskaya Arkut (lawastooshort)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Elenor Warsen (Caellath)

Apollo Anderson (Spinal_Taper)

Taren Creyn (Tiruin)

Remy Maelle (Remaelle)

Maka R'lyeh-Voile (IronyOwl)

Komas Hopatke (Yoink)

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: September 16, 2013, 06:58:12 pm »

Sotto voce: "So... kill this guy and the dragon before it wakes up, or run?  Or, you know, wait and see what happens, I guess."
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 07:02:17 pm by Remalle »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: September 16, 2013, 07:55:40 pm »

((*facepalm*
Oh Errol. You loquacious writer, you.
I should've put an if it doesn't wake up, with emphasis on the if.
xD Oh my.
Also I love how you distinguish me and Taren.))

No woman could possibly have legs this hairy.
((. . .Actually, I'd like to educate you here. But let's say th-
Oh, it's Maka.))

Taren strode back to the others, beaming with a smile on his face.

He looked at Apollo, then at Elenor. "Diplomacy doesn't work, huh?"
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 07:57:21 pm by Tiruin »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: September 16, 2013, 09:23:37 pm »

((Well, I was right about the cute part, at least. Assuming "androgynously luxurious hair, face, and voice" can count as "cute."))

"Huuuugs willl prevaaaaaaaiiiiiillll!" Maka shouted, wriggling incessantly beneath Apollo.

Get free, hug dragon!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: September 16, 2013, 11:49:50 pm »

"Glad to hear that." Elenor says from his spot atop the staircase before beginning to descend the stairs in elegant, disciplined steps. They could easily be mistaken as some sort of regal gait by anyone not used to how slowly and characteristically he walked whenever he still had suspicions about a place's atmosphere. "Is the front door unlocked?"

Down the stairs, check that hole for a safe path for an armored knight.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: September 17, 2013, 02:08:04 am »

((*facepalm*
Oh Errol. You loquacious writer, you.
I should've put an if it doesn't wake up, with emphasis on the if.
xD Oh my.
Also I love how you distinguish me and Taren.))

((In case of overshots, I may ignore any conditionals that you put into your action for the sake of humor. Beware!))

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: September 17, 2013, 08:08:56 am »

”Depressed,” mumbles Helskaya to himself as he ambles towards the hole in the wall. ”Want a drink. Depressed. Want to be a bear. Depressed. Want a smoke. Depressed. Want to not be depressed. Want to be a bear. Want to be outside. Want to be a bear. Want to be cold. Want to be a bear…”

Helskaya goes outside.

He sits down in the open air, and rummages through his capacious inventory whilst feeling quite pleased about being able to come up with such a word even in the face of his rapidly deteriorating mental state.

What he finds is alarmingly insufficient, and he must, he realises, use it wisely.

He lights his bong, consumes a slice of magic in it, and washes it down with his healing potion.

He leans back, stares at the sky, and thinks about bears.

His great-uncle Roger was a bear.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: September 17, 2013, 08:24:17 am »

((Ok, my topographical senses are really off. I'm envisioning us all in an enclosed chamber-there is a hole opposite of the stairs we came from, which was a place where..seagulls could fly. And then a dragon and its horde separates us from the entrance. Err..can anyone please help? Sorry Errol D:))

Comfort Helskaya! Try to get better also! :D

Taren gazed around as his gesture was, mostly, ignored and saw everyone else act as if he wasn't present at all.
Does this disease render me invisible? Preposterous.
He shrugged the debilitating notion aside and chanced a look at ol' Hel. Deciding it was best to spend his time as the other humanoid was busy (and the dragon--no doubt some kind of mutuality or symbiotic bond? A cult?), providing encouragement for an ally was something that should always be done.

Nobody deserved to wallow in sadness, alone.

"Helskaya!" he said, sidling up to the shaman. He admired the man, really. In a ponderous pose, he sat down alongside him and asked. "What's on your mind?"
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 58