Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 58

Author Topic: Roll to Explore the Dungeon: Ch.2 T.38: Do you even praise the King?  (Read 120475 times)

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Explore the Dungeon: Chapter Two
« Reply #660 on: August 26, 2013, 03:32:04 am »

Apollo sat up, groaning a little as he did so, then began looking around at the others with a confused expression. He put his head into his hands, trying to jump-start his brain back into comprehension.
"What... Happened?"
((I'm going to change mah color.))

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Explore the Dungeon: Chapter Two
« Reply #661 on: August 26, 2013, 10:23:13 am »

Fair warning that this turn will need just a little more time, partly because Yoink hasn't posted yet and partly because I'm hammering out some new gameplay systems. We're getting attribute values!
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Explore the Dungeon: Chapter Two: Now with 300% more spreadsheets!
« Reply #662 on: August 28, 2013, 05:48:14 am »

Done with the new systems. Check them out here, please. The first table details the system changes, and the second page holds your new character sheets. If you have any objections or questions to them, post here. I'd really like not to decide about your characters over your heads.

The reason for me doing this is because I felt I was running this a bit too arbitrarily. Fear not, though. This RtD will definitely stay zany.

Anyway, that's one reason for not updating down. Yoink still needs to post, though.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: August 28, 2013, 06:17:16 am »

Wow. Awesome. I don't have any objections and the main question is: do I have to understand all the big tables on page 1?

No wait - the only question I have is can I still turn into a great big angry bear?

I like that I can reach Mind: Pinnacle of Humanity with my... equipment. Hmm, that sounds wrong.

@ Everyone else: with my new improved Strength rating, don't expect me to get in the way of any bad guys whilst not in bear form... In fact, I can't really remember what Helskaya does do, apart from the obvious.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: August 28, 2013, 06:24:01 am »

Wow. Awesome. I don't have any objections and the main question is: do I have to understand all the big tables on page 1?

No wait - the only question I have is can I still turn into a great big angry bear?

You don't have to understand most.

Also, you can still turn into a great big bear, and it will have different attributes befitting of a great big bear, but you may have to roll for a transformation attempt...

I like that I can reach Mind: Pinnacle of Humanity with my... equipment. Hmm, that sounds wrong.

@ Everyone else: with my new improved Strength rating, don't expect me to get in the way of any bad guys whilst not in bear form... In fact, I can't really remember what Helskaya does do, apart from the obvious.

He's a shaman. He goes to voyages in the spirit world. He creates interesting herbal medicine and very interesting "herbal medicine", and has a fair understanding of first aid and the like. I think that's all, apart from the stuff you surely remember.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: August 28, 2013, 07:29:50 am »

I'm worried about the complexity, but I like it otherwise.

I also really like Maka's new sheet. Voile Heritage OP. :3
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: August 28, 2013, 07:40:15 am »

Did Yoink answer your PM? I haven't seem him around the RtD board for a while.

No complaints about Elenor's stats.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: August 28, 2013, 07:50:08 am »

Didn't, but he hasn't been on for the past few days, so I'll wait that one out.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: August 28, 2013, 08:29:14 am »

I love how you did Maka. xD

But yes, the table and sheets are awesome.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Explore the Dungeon: Ch.2 T.33 - STAIRS
« Reply #669 on: September 01, 2013, 02:32:31 pm »

Yoink has failed to respond to the last PM despite going online. If he does not show any sign of activity until, say, Wednesday, his character will be terminated. Farewell, Komas, you dropped out right before the water level.

Turn 33: Elenor has not been told about the stairs

Maka
Spoiler: Action (click to show/hide)
(1 - Large Backfire)

Dress - check. Scepter - check. Surgeon's kit - sadly not check. Jelly cage - good condition. Jelly cage door... open? Jelly... SNEAKING AWAY?!?
What follows is an entertaining and frantic attempt to recapture the errant jelly.

SWIFTNESS-OFF: 4+6 vs. 1+4+2: Maka succeeds!

The furious Maka manages to recapture her prisoner swiftly enough, though. And now, time for the punishment...

Helskaya

(5 - Full Success)

One thing is certain. This place is not in the north. It's far too pleasantly warm for that. But, while Hel looks and paces around the tower summit, he finds that he has heard one tale of such a place, long, long ago, from a traveling minstrel with a horrible sense of direction... a story, of times long past, about an ocean city with untold knowledge and riches that stood proud, but one day got swallowed by the waves. All that remains of it standing over the waves is the central tower... while that story is quite the old hat, the description of the tower fits all too well, here. And...

Yup. This place almost feels like a shrine of the elemental force of water. The element of water runs very strong in here. But there's something else, which you can't quite place your finger on... eh, probably nothing. Time to tell the others.

"Hey. Guys? We're probably in the sunken city of Ytria. Or, what remains of it, anyway."

Elenor

(6 - Overshot)

Just a few weeks ago (actually, how long did they sleep?), Elenor would have shook his head at the situation, or facepalmed, or even just sighed. But to his slight horror, situations like these are becoming depressingly common. And the only way to deal with them is to take them head on.

They are certainly standing on a tower, that much is clear, but the tower is quite large. As he surveys the area, he notices that the party has chosen a place of rest quite close to the battlements, and it takes him well over a minute of leisurely walking to get to the far side, and... ergh... as the precision divebombing of one particularily feisty seagull demonstrates, the tower is also open-roofed, and...

Pain check: (3 + 2 + 2 - 9 = -2, Minor Failure = No Pain => Some Pain)

Thirty seconds of tumbling later, Elenor has certainly discovered the stairs, discovered that stairs are quite slippery when covered in guano, and is dumbfounded he didn't fall off the stairs, which, considering that these stairs are, although broad, external and without railing, is quite a stroke of luck. He'd maybe have survived it, as far as he could tell - the water didn't seem to be much farther away than 15 to 20 meters or so, and there were broken windows at about the water level so he'd not have drowned, but altogether he still was glad to have avoided that scenario.
The second stroke of luck is that, down the lengthy flight of stairs, he appears to have found an entrance door to the floor below, and pressing his ear to it (?) he hears absolutely nothing.

Taren

(4 - Partial Success)

The area the party has been stranded on appears to be a tower, made of vaguely blue, hewn rock. The battlements are of a spiked design, and there's eight large pillars roughly forming a center around a slightly elevated platform in the tower's middle, one statue on each pillar. The whole tower is maybe 100 meters across, give or take ten. There's an endless ocean below, and nothing else apart from a second, smaller tower with a peaked roof, connected to the first one by an arched bridge. Above, there's a blue sky, with some cloud, one sun, and did I mention the seagulls?

Remy

(3 - Slight Success)

From his comfortable vantage point of his bedroll, Remy can deduce that the stone the tower is made of appears to be quite unravaged by the teeth of time, and that it is almost noon, and that there are really a whole damn lot of seagulls around.

Apollo

(2 - Failure)

Actually, we should count that as a success at being dumbfounded? I dunno. This is a conudrum.

Komas hasn't gotten up yet. Worrisome.

---

Character Sheets

Helskaya Arkut (lawastooshort)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Elenor Warsen (Caellath)

Apollo Anderson (Spinal_Taper)

Taren Creyn (Tiruin)

Remy Maelle (Remaelle)

Maka R'lyeh-Voile (IronyOwl)
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 02:49:06 pm by Errol »

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: September 01, 2013, 03:08:58 pm »

"Dudes, we're probably in the sunken city of Ytria. Or, what remains of it, anyway. I think we're gonna need a boat, or a flying contraption, or some form of underwater breathing device. Unless there's some solution down the stairs? Or unless, you know, we just stayed here and refounded civilisation? I er we would need some form of solidified magic for that to be a viable option though, and a source of fire. Hey, I just remembered I can summon water elementals - I wonder what would happen if that went horribly wrong in the middle of an ocean? Anyone got, any, you know, herbs or something? For healing? I'm fairly sure I'm a healer. So. Um."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: September 01, 2013, 04:39:35 pm »

The knight sits on the stairs and begins whistling without much enthusiasm while waiting for the rest of the party to arrive at his current location and avoiding getting himself killed until then.

Elenor waits for the rest of the team.

((Edit.))
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 04:58:39 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: September 01, 2013, 04:45:52 pm »

The knight approaches the water and begins splashing it onto his armor without much enthusiasm while waiting for the rest of the party to arrive at his current location and avoiding getting himself killed until then.

Elenor cleans his armor and waits for the rest of the team.

You're about 10~12 meters above water level. Sorry if I phrased that unclearly.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: September 02, 2013, 12:23:31 am »

Join Elenor! Carefully.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: September 02, 2013, 07:13:21 am »

"Yes, the punishment... the puniiiiishmeeeeeeent..." Maka intoned, leering ominously at her jelly.

After a few moments of this, she simply places the jelly on her head and strolls over to the others.

Wear jelly like a hat.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 58