Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 58

Author Topic: Roll to Explore the Dungeon: Ch.2 T.38: Do you even praise the King?  (Read 120571 times)

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Explore the Dungeon! Turn 23, for real now
« Reply #510 on: August 18, 2012, 11:43:03 am »

SCHEDULING TURN
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: August 22, 2012, 09:31:39 am »

When did you schedule it for?

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: August 22, 2012, 12:15:35 pm »

Today I am scheduling it for today.

Seriously I am asking myself what the hell is wrong with me. This is going to be a tiny turn, but I still fail to do it two weeks in a row.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: August 22, 2012, 02:09:39 pm »

Today I am scheduling it for today.

Seriously I am asking myself what the hell is wrong with me. This is going to be a tiny turn, but I still fail to do it two weeks in a row.
That's why I don't GM. Imagine that, but with every turn.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Explore the Dungeon! Turn 24. See, wasn't that hard.
« Reply #514 on: August 22, 2012, 02:26:09 pm »

Turn 24: I should just rename this to "Roll to Procastrinate"

The thing is that I have a compulsion to tell this story to its end. And I believe that it will drag me on until I have actually finished so.
Well then, let's carry on.

Elenor:
Spoiler: Action (click to show/hide)

(1) how does one put on comms device, is there user's manual?

Maka:

(2) Your biological need to breathe gets the better of you!

Helskaya:

(1) You use the bong with the slice of magic. All your limbs appear to have come off a split second after that, and you have a colossal headache. Also, the forest is now pink and you suspect someone tampered with your slices of magic. Ooh, pretty unicorns OH GAWD THEY ARE EATING MY BRAIN

Apollo:

(3) Apollo inserts a large rock into his new attachment. It works (with some grinding sounds). He then tries to stuff in a second one, but it appears his clip is already full. So he fires a test shot, which turns out to be a bunch of pebbles, relatively inaccurate no less. Still might be a good option if you can shove the gun into someone's face before firing.

Taren:

(4) There appears to be no magic down the rightmost path, minus the residue magic (it is rather potent, but just the way the place seems to be, no anomalies) the only source of magic is the party itself. Including the hilt Taren had put over his sword and configured to put out ice, which seemed to work alright - the blade was becoming cold to the touch even in what appeared to be sleep mode.
Oh, hey, Hel is foaming at the mouth, better pick him up.

Remy:

(5) Spirits seem to be somewhat stronger down here, more prevalent. You are reminded of various creation myths and "In my time there used to be more spirits around" rants. Either way, ooh, what happens if you tug at this spirit...
Well, turns out that if you tug at this spirit that plant explodes rather violently. Seems that there's little genius loci everywhere? Always wanted to use that word.

Komas

(3) Those plants are rather alien to you, which is to say, the flora is very different down here. You take a few herbs, regardless - but you don't know whether they taste good, or are even edible without getting serious health problems.

Aaand a vote on where to move is held. Maka suggests rightmost, and nobody disagrees. Rightmost it is.

The path is (6) long and relatively uneventful. Both of these descriptions do not fit the room at the end of it. In fact, it looks like a stereotypical tavern, but ye olde stereotypical tavern is not a clearing in a gorgeous magical underground forest, does not have a leaves-and-stumps decor either and is most certainly not populated by a host of animals of all shapes and sizes, most of them getting boozed. There's mainly (fat) rabbits, mentally unstable stags with their deer girlfriends, songbirds that cannot sing, one or two depressed snails, a bunch of ponies and several shifty cats in trenchcoats, one has a lion on a leash. And the bartender is a mole with the face of Freddy Mercury. And it's really, really crowded.
The whole tavern seems like a brawl waiting to happen, in fact. Some adventurous squirrels are already looking to stir some trouble. Generally nobody takes notice of the party, as they are too busy with themselves, their mug, or what that asshole venomous insect said about their mothers.

Character sheets.

Helskaya Arkut (lawastooshort)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Elenor Warsen (Caellath)

Apollo Anderson (Spinal_Taper)

Taren Creyn (Tiruin)

Komas Hopatke (Yoink)

Remy Maelle (Remaelle)

Maka R'lyeh-Voile (IronyOwl)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: August 22, 2012, 02:49:49 pm »

Elenor equips the comms device (as a free action :P) and calmly assesses the situation. The scene was hardly surprising after what he had been through after joining the party. It seemed the tendency was just having them finding progressively stranger things.

Try to collect information about the stratum, namely about how to open the locked door.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: August 22, 2012, 03:10:20 pm »

Assume foetal position on floor on right hand side. Ride out the storm. See the future. Breathe.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: August 22, 2012, 03:59:18 pm »

Equip magical comm if Elenor fails again, complete with completely unnecessary showmanship and calling aloud a name for donning it.

Either way, go talk to a snail, ask how its day's been, trouble at home? That sort of thing. Also check the sizes here- is this a completely regular snail or human-sized?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: August 22, 2012, 04:26:58 pm »

Shove another rock into the magical blender cannon. Tickle the ivories a little.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: August 23, 2012, 06:51:24 am »

>Stare blankly at the scene for a long, long moment.

>Then "harrumph" loudly and go find the place's kitchen, dismissing the strange patronage as a hallucination.

>Their status as hallucinations doesn't excuse any cracks about my eye, though. Anyone overheard commenting on my eye gets an intimate introduction to Heinkel.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: August 23, 2012, 11:52:40 am »

"Sire Elenor, mayhap you would like to wear that device like one wears a monocle to use it?"

Taren checked the expressions of his allies to ascertain that he wasn't the only one who saw this bizarre combination of animal and human body parts -- despite humans being animals, technically. The memories of his past snuck up once more, leading him to his first ever battle.

The cavalry charged again, piercing through the poacher lines like a spear, killing the rascals as they tried to cover up their plan of hounding endangered species. He could hear the sergeant calling for another run...

But it was too late, the ranger they were supposed to capture escaped, and let loose those animals they 'trained'. An amalgam of wild rage, mixed with subservient loyalty and bloodlust did no good to the creatures as they defended their master.

It looked like his medical skills would be used sooner than later again.

He snapped back to the current situation, seeing a doe gazing at him sweetly. Brushing off the notion of anything other than anthropomorphic anatomy, Taren decided to inquire about this location and how the creatures here lived, any rumors about this place in general, and if the mole could send a bit of help his way.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: August 23, 2012, 01:17:03 pm »

Also check the sizes here- is this a completely regular snail or human-sized?[/b]

Generally larger than life, although it varies. The typical snail here almost reaches the knee of a normal adult male, and probably higher for Maka. Size gain for, say, stags is smaller with a few noteworthy exceptions.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: August 25, 2012, 05:28:46 pm »

(Sorry for the delay.)

"I... wait... what...?"
Blink a few times, feel for the spirits of these animals to see what they are.
Remy pokes the nearest animal to get it's attention after doing this.
"Er... hello.  Where are we?"

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: August 29, 2012, 08:13:12 am »

One week time, check. Need to update this again pronto.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Explore the Dungeon! Turn 25. Which is a milestone, probably.
« Reply #524 on: September 03, 2012, 01:44:03 pm »

Turn 25: This Turn brought to you by Sheer Heart Attack and Writhe In Pain

Elenor:

(3) "Test, test."
"Go die."
Comms device seems to work perfectly.
All you can gather in terms of informations, though, is the following: a) This stratum is a forest b) Locked doors may be opened with keys c) You are standing in a bar.

Maka:

(3) You try to snatch the comms device from Elenor. Elenor slaps your face.
You strike up a conversation with a snail. But you get bored because the snail is difficult to understand and speaks sssllllooowwwlllyyyyy. Like seriously. So you decide that the snail has outlived its usefulness, bonk it once, killing it and ejecting it out of its shell, which you keep. Nobody seems to care.

Helskaya:

(3) FUTURE IS RED
NOT BIG SURPRISE
You drift off into a better trip, if the Spanish Inquisition may be considered 'good'.

Apollo:

(1) Since the GM does not know what tickling the ivories means, he looked it up on urban dictionary.
In other news, Apollo gets a rock straight to the face. It hurts and stings.

Taren:

(5) Taking control of the situation, Taren decides to ignore the strange looks of the patrons. They acted just like most humans would - drinking to forget their sorrows. And the one who knows all is behind the bar.
"Hey." He shoots the barkeep a nod. "What's this place?"
"'s a bar, of course." the mole replies, somewhat amused. "What's your business? Want a drink?"
"Nah. Just want to hear what's the word on the streets."
"'course. But, you see, I forgot most of them already. You know what would make me remember..."
Taren wordlessly passes 8 cp.
"Ahhh, it's all coming back. Well then, lessee what I have for you...
First things first, this place's as unstable as it comes. You better get out of this bar, fast, or you'll be collateral. I know this mood, isn't healthy at all.
Second, there's been a few humans passing through today already. A group, and then one solitary not too long ago. She emptied quite a few mugs, lemme tell you that.
Third... hah. Judging by your looks, you want to know where the keys are? Three of 'em. One's on a clearing full of flowers, somewhere. The second is underwater, and I have no clue where the third is. You need them all obviously.
And fourth. Beware of the diggles. They are not your friend in nature.
's all you should be interested in. You better get moving now if you want to get out in one piece. Two exits, apart from the one you came in through. One leads into the jungle. The other goes straight to Diggle Country, which you probably don't want to stop in."

Remy:

(3) Chiefly animals. Animals doing kind of a bad job imitating humans, as far as you can tell, but not stupid animals.
Also, very real animals. No alcohol-induced illusions.

Komas

(2) This is a bar. Not a restaurant. There isn't any kitchen around as far as you can tell, just fridges and cabinets.

VOTE TIME. Stay, go back, to Jungle, to Diggle Country? Mini-turn incoming depending on your choices. The mood in the bar is definitely boiling point.

Character sheets.

Helskaya Arkut (lawastooshort)

Elenor Warsen (Caellath)

Apollo Anderson (Spinal_Taper)

Taren Creyn (Tiruin)

Komas Hopatke (Yoink)

Remy Maelle (Remaelle)

Maka R'lyeh-Voile (IronyOwl)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 01:49:27 pm by Errol »
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 58