Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 58

Author Topic: Roll to Explore the Dungeon: Ch.2 T.38: Do you even praise the King?  (Read 120552 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Explore the Dungeon! Turn 21/a: Thread zombie | 1 SPOT OPEN
« Reply #450 on: July 11, 2012, 09:09:20 am »

I'll try to enlist someone I know who I may trust slightly. Very slightly. Almost nothing. Ok, I don't trust at all.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: July 11, 2012, 09:13:33 am »

Whoah what, spot open? Spot... Open?! :o
Did I hear someone say... Spot open? Do we need references?

Edit: Also, if I'm gonna make a sheet, can someone tell me what characters we already have?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 09:16:36 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: July 11, 2012, 09:29:51 am »

I'll try to enlist someone I know who I may trust slightly. Very slightly. Almost nothing. Ok, I don't trust at all.
That was very nice of you Cael!

Whoah what, spot open? Spot... Open?! :o
Did I hear someone say... Spot open? Do we need references?

Edit: Also, if I'm gonna make a sheet, can someone tell me what characters we already have?
We have two-knight types, the rest are mage-types.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: July 11, 2012, 10:50:30 am »

Spoiler: Komas Hopatke (click to show/hide)
Booze is Life for Yoink

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Explore the Dungeon! Turn 21/a: Thread zombie
« Reply #454 on: July 11, 2012, 11:06:51 am »

Help Taren subdue and/or interrogate the last thug with a small lightning bolt.
((You do know that electricity is...pretty harmful to the nervous system, right?

And the heart.))
(Yep, electric shocks are incredibly painful.  That's why I chose a small bolt; less chance of killing him, better chance of making him crack.)

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Explore the Dungeon! Turn 21/a: Thread zombie
« Reply #455 on: July 11, 2012, 01:02:20 pm »

Help Taren subdue and/or interrogate the last thug with a small lightning bolt.
((You do know that electricity is...pretty harmful to the nervous system, right?

And the heart.))
(Yep, electric shocks are incredibly painful.  That's why I chose a small bolt; less chance of killing him, better chance of making him crack.)

((You know what they say about overshots and the GM fudging rolls.))

Spoiler: Komas Hopatke (click to show/hide)

Consider yourself in. More or less. Character may be subject to random buffing, unless you want to weaponize Fishing and Cooking Spicy Stew. (Which I am all for btw.)
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: July 11, 2012, 01:05:50 pm »

((Wait, 'rowing' includes 'brutally beating people to death with an oar', right? ??? I always thought it did...))
Booze is Life for Yoink

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: July 11, 2012, 01:07:58 pm »

((Wait, 'rowing' includes 'brutally beating people to death with an oar', right? ??? I always thought it did...))

((It does include what you choose to include. I don't want to make your character something you didn't want.
If it isn't for the sake of hilarity.))

/e: Scheduling turn for tomorrow, scheduling intermission to end at 22/b.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 01:14:51 pm by Errol »

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Explore the Dungeon! Turn 21/b: A Farewell to Ratherio
« Reply #458 on: July 13, 2012, 02:27:13 pm »

Turn 21B: Any ending is a new beginning

-- Ruins Group --

Elenor:
Spoiler: Action (click to show/hide)

(1) Turns out, the tables actually are quite brittle, and Armored Elenor is quite heavy. Which is to say, the pile of stuff beneath him collapses in a rather painful way. Elenor is now amidst rubble with a hurt pride.

Maka:

(4) Uh, the dungeon is at it was when Elenor entered. The right path is obviously as interesting as he left it, so Maka goes in it and admires the traps.

Ratherio:

() I'll miss you. Somewhat. I mean, you brought insanity to this game, and I'm down with that. But your characterization was pretty eeeh.
One player less is never good news, though... and I don't have any better obituary.

-- City Group --

Helskaya:

(5) Gathered three promising books: Check. Had enough time yet to study books: Not check.

Apollo:

(4) I dunno man, I don't get paid to write your dark and edgy backstory. Pick one:
i: Evil Empire
ii: Pyromaniac Kid
iii: Queen Lucia I. Inverse visited it
iv: Moriya Shrine Conspiracy

BTW you are now in front of a bear, and the bear is not on top of you, nor is it trying to kill you yet. That's a good start.

Taren:

(4) Pulling your best Inquisition routine (in the military, you learned more from watching than you would have liked), you soften up your would-be killer. Then,

Remy:

(4) Remy chips in with some, ahem, Shock Therapy. The results are... uh, I lack a lightning pun right now.
The man talks, anyway. It seems like there is a Hidden Cathedral beneath the city in which things happen that are not fit for something calling itself a Cathedral, unless it was a satanic one of the blackest disposition. This Cathedral is now spilling out causing all sorts of carnage, havoc, wanton zombiefication and common colds. They might want to be stopped, if you have the time for them... and knew the entrance of it. Uh.

--

Elsewhere, at the Dungeon Bureau, some time into the afternoon. The initial wave of adventurers has subsided, and all who have come afterwards were pushed back out because Elizabeth would like her noon nap thank you very much. Now, only one man sits on the banks, gruff and silent, until the secretary bids him to come in (gruffly and silently).
Elizabeth is sitting at her desk, still looking sleepy. The desk is currently cluttered with what looks like several exploded alarm clocks apart from the usual torrent of paper.
"Another adventurer, huh. What's your qualifications, registry number, dark and angsty past and weapon of choice?"
"Yer talkin' about my lack of two eyes, girl?"
"No, not at all." Elizabeth is mildly annoyed - this is not the fifth time this day the routine went this way. Totally not. "Look, all I'm asking is are you a bad enough dude to survive the Labyrinth? Walk in there alone and you'll end up dismembered at best."
"Aye, I am. You doubting me?"
"No, not at all." Despite her best efforts, Elizabeth still hasn't mastered the art of diplomatic tact, and is sounding like that currently. "If you want to die a stupid and pointless death then be my guest, and the guest of the five hundred plus victims of the Labyrinth as well... make that six hundred plus as of today."
The would-be adventurer remains silent. She gives in. "Fine, before you smash the doors of the Labyrinth in, here's your license and one hundred copper. Don't spend it all for booze. And try to find a group or something... going in alone is a death sentence."
Komas exits the room, having swiped up the free stuff, muttering "Bloody lil' girls prancing about with their heads full o' eyeballs." Liz chooses to blissfully ignore it.

Character sheets.

Helskaya Arkut (lawastooshort)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Elenor Warsen (Caellath)

Apollo Anderson (Spinal_Taper)

Taren Creyn (Tiruin)

Komas Hopatke (Yoink)

Remy Maelle (Remaelle)

Maka R'lyeh-Voile (IronyOwl)

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: July 13, 2012, 02:29:32 pm »

Presumably Number ii.

"Alrighty. Here's the bear, here's my gun."

Shoot Bear with enchanted bullets.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: July 13, 2012, 02:32:05 pm »

Well, I guess I should read hard whilst the lads are on the way hopefully back - with order of reading preference the same as before.

Study!

Also, I will have very limited internet access for a couple of weeks - please auto me in the most sensible way possible i.e. one that has nothing to do with transforming into a raging bear for the slightest reason or testing out my drug magic potency on "innocent" people. I will post if I can and as soon as I am back.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: July 13, 2012, 02:59:11 pm »

Nothing too bad, the young knight does not mind falling on his butt if it does not incur in serious injury or any real damage.

Elenor gets back to his feet and brushes off before trying once more. Then find valuables, loot valuables.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 06:16:11 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: July 13, 2012, 06:38:32 pm »

Komas ambled out of the Bureau, the comforting, familiar weight of his oar resting across a shoulder as he glanced about his surroundings. Small as Kingsford may be, it still seems rather large and uncomfortably crowded to a boat-rowing bumpkin like Komas.

He hefted the purse of coins in his free hand, looking thoughtful. His whole plan of coming here in search of his brother was starting to seem quite far-fetched and, though he hated to admit it, childish. Oh well, not like he had anything better to do. With this in mind he wandered off into town.

>Komas goes shopping, keeping an eye out (ha!) for any familiar-looking adventurers as he goes, looking for a cooking pot, tinderbox and a few other cooking-related essentials. Check if this place has a harbor/any water frontage, and if so get a price check on a small boat.
With all that out of the way, it's time to check out the labyrinth, ask around about what's in store for him inside.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: July 21, 2012, 04:42:20 pm »

...the turn is a little behind schedule...

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: July 22, 2012, 04:23:19 am »

((Thought ruins group gets 2 actions for our 1, hence my reason for not posting.))

Taren knelt to view the man at face level, before leveling his sword at his neck, leaning it's edge every so slightly near his jugular artery. "Tell us more of this Cathedral, and who sent you. Tell me of why you would harm an innocent beggar, and why you tried to knock me out instead of killing me.

"Motive, or sword?"

Press the interrogation!
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 58