Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 58

Author Topic: Roll to Explore the Dungeon: Ch.2 T.38: Do you even praise the King?  (Read 120564 times)

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
Roll to Explore the Dungeon! Turn 21/a: Thread zombie
« Reply #435 on: July 09, 2012, 01:59:03 pm »

Almost a month and one triple post later, here we go again. Rath has not posted, but that's k, I will try to approximate his next action based on the data gathered so far.

Turn 21A: We're back in business, for now

-- Ruins Group --

Elenor:
Spoiler: Action (click to show/hide)

(5) It's a sandwich. It appears to have the consistency of stone and is more arid than the center of a scorching desert, but amazingly enough not mouldy in any way. It is not the first time you see a sandwich. Ever since traders imported them from the northern wastelands sandwiches have been very prevalent in human society. But very few humans actually went for sandwiches like these. It probably was better suited to the job of lethal weapon than the one of filling the stomach. It doesn't look like something a sane human would touch at any rate.
The next step: Kick a pebble into the pit. It's a full two minutes until you hear a faint splash. So much for that. The rope would definitely be long enough to get through the holes in the ceiling, though, but getting it up there would pose a problem and climbing in armor is always iffy.

Maka:

(1) The bear parts are quite firmly attached to the bear and won't come off no matter how hard you pull. Your harvesting attempts eventually end with multiple teeth-induced puncture wounds on your right hand.

Ratherio:

(2) You fail at doing something stupid and go into the entrance room of the ruins, thereby doing an useful action. Nothing happens down there though, so you consider going back up, but ultimately decide against it. Please come back, Rath, I suck at interesting actions without you.

-- City Group --

Helskaya:

(5) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUhOnX8qt3I
(Note: No carnage actually happens.)
After the initial... strangeness, you adjust and note that your mind is as free as it ever comes. This could be used for spirit journeys you wouldn't even have dreamed of previously, and/or awesome trips. Both, probably. These days nobody in the old villages earns their keep by straight up hunting and gathering anymore anyway, it's all in the drug business,

Apollo:

(5) I'm not in the mood for magibabble right now... so, you find a way for it to work. Something with widening the small innate gaps of stuff.
You have twelve enchanted bullets now.

Taren:

Taren warns his opposition: "I'll get you to talk anyway." Then he attacks once again.
(3 vs 4) His initial strike is not very effective - it is decently aimed, but he is simply unlucky. However,
(6 vs 1) (4 vs 3) Taren does not respond to the first goons counter-attack properly, losing his balance from the heavy blow. The second goon has an opening, but doesn't use it properly, his knife does not go past Taren's armor.
(4 vs 5) Taren's next attack aims to disarm, and it is aimed quite well, but his enemy manages to read his intent and avert disarnament pretty handily.
(6 vs 2) (6 vs 2) What's worse, this maneuver has left him in a tight spot. He cannot avert the simultaneous attacks from the goons and suffers several wounds.
(4 vs 3) His own last attempt goes decently: His sword hacks into the arm of an attacker, rendering it unusable for the most part.

Remy:

(5) And trouble he finds. Namely, Taren in trouble. Seeing that, he gives off a few warning shots, and the goons freeze. (6) "Nobody move now or they'll end up with a drastically shortened lifespan!" is his battlecry of choice. One of the goons decides to try him, but a sweet improptu C.R.A. Type.06 brings his life to an abrupt and moderately gory end. The survivor definitely seems to be a lot more cooperative right now.

--

Character sheets.

Helskaya Arkut (lawastooshort)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Elenor Warsen (Caellath)

Apollo Anderson (Spinal_Taper)

Taren Creyn (Tiruin)

Ratherio Houston (borno)

Remy Maelle (Remaelle)

Maka R'lyeh-Voile (IronyOwl)
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Explore the Dungeon! Turn 21/a: Thread zombie
« Reply #436 on: July 09, 2012, 02:03:20 pm »

"Bah!" Maka muttered. "Damn bears and their attachment to their parts."

Enter dungeon, examine dungeon.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: July 09, 2012, 02:13:00 pm »

Go to the library (once it wears off) and look up whatever there is about 1) gathering solidified magic (can I gather my own somehow?) and 2), if that's not available, controlling spirit journeys (how to make them safe, and how to make the spirit somehow poke into the real world). Study HARD.

I am trying to think of a practical use for journeying spiritually in the game. Hmm. If I can't think of one, then spiking people's drinks and making them have bad trips is going to be my main non-bear-transformation related attack...

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: July 09, 2012, 02:15:30 pm »

Go find bears.

Contemplate gaps in memories. Contemplate why home village's a smoldering ruin?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: July 09, 2012, 02:18:21 pm »

Elenor takes the rope and piles crates and tables until he can reach one of the holes (you never told me how far away I am from the ceiling and how many things I pile).
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: July 09, 2012, 04:23:55 pm »

(Woah, undead thread.)
"Are you alright, Taren?  What's going on?  Who're the guys you were fighting?  Did I just shoot an innocent man?
"Just kidding.  You know I got your back."

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: July 09, 2012, 04:31:49 pm »

I am trying to think of a practical use for journeying spiritually in the game. Hmm. If I can't think of one, then spiking people's drinks and making them have bad trips is going to be my main non-bear-transformation related attack...

((Sounds alright to me :D ))

Elenor takes the rope and piles crates and tables until he can reach one of the holes (you never told me how far away I am from the ceiling and how many things I pile).

((This was GM's intention. The room's ceiling is about 3.5m from the ground, so this action is reasonable if Elenor's weight does not cause him to crash through))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: July 09, 2012, 04:49:08 pm »

((It seems borno left the forums for an undefinite amount of time. Maybe forever.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: July 09, 2012, 05:16:15 pm »

((It seems borno left the forums for an undefinite amount of time. Maybe forever.))

((Oh well, let's take a cad from the waitlist then. And scrap the ideas for storylines involving him...))
((In other words, we may now be accepting additional applicants.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: July 09, 2012, 06:17:35 pm »

Taren grinned as he saw his partymate come along, as well as the neutralization of the other goon.

"I'm fine, thank you. These oafs tried to knock me out in my quest. To find the cause of a beggar's death.

"Rigor mortis, stiffness of body, and symbols written in blood - perhaps his own. The man who sent me here won't be too happy to hear that."

The Knight moved over to the last man. "And you'll tell me the reason, now won't you?"

Defang the Snake! Hit the man's wrist with my blade, if or if not he cooperates and bends to reason!
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 08:46:51 am by Tiruin »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: July 09, 2012, 07:10:12 pm »

Weave a web of death with my sword (Figure of 8 technique) to ward off their blows and Defang the Snake! (Attack to the hands).

If they don't yield, cut off a useless appendage if successful.

((Read Remalle's turn.))
>Yes?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: July 10, 2012, 08:40:51 am »

Weave a web of death with my sword (Figure of 8 technique) to ward off their blows and Defang the Snake! (Attack to the hands).

If they don't yield, cut off a useless appendage if successful.

((Read Remalle's turn.))
((Ffff-

Thanks for the save.

Partly edited.))

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: July 10, 2012, 06:47:17 pm »

Help Taren subdue and/or interrogate the last thug with a small lightning bolt.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: July 10, 2012, 08:20:40 pm »

Help Taren subdue and/or interrogate the last thug with a small lightning bolt.
((You do know that electricity is...pretty harmful to the nervous system, right?

And the heart.))

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Explore the Dungeon! Turn 21/a: Thread zombie | 1 SPOT OPEN
« Reply #449 on: July 11, 2012, 08:13:15 am »

Bump for job applications.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 58