Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 58

Author Topic: Roll to Explore the Dungeon: Ch.2 T.38: Do you even praise the King?  (Read 120547 times)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Explore the Dungeon! Turn 20/a: Ook, ook
« Reply #420 on: June 13, 2012, 01:50:10 pm »

Use one of the lumps of magic and create as many thin slices of magic as possible. Store them safely, then eat one JUST TO MAKE SURE. Try and observe any effects other than sweet hallucinations.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: June 13, 2012, 02:35:35 pm »

"Not Mr. Bear! I was gonna make a minion out of him!"

Examine Mr. Bear. Consider feasibility of turning him into a minion in current state.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: June 13, 2012, 04:26:10 pm »

Apollo heads out to hunt bears

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: June 13, 2012, 11:04:08 pm »

"I... Just outrun a bear! Yeah!"
Ratherio was flexing his muscles when the smell hit him. His mouth started watering as the overpowering smell of bacon started coming off from him. Looking around to check that no-one was watching, Ratherio proceeds to lick any bacon juice off of him!

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile

Did not doublecheck the inventories. Please alert if I failed.
Also, away over the weekend, which is why I'm updating now.

Turn 20B: Pull the fun lever, of course

-- Ruins Group --

Elenor:
Spoiler: Action (click to show/hide)

(1) The right passage seems to so far be like any other, which causes you to momentarily lose focus, failing to notice (3) the swinging axeblade trap. You survive more through luck than anything else and scramble out of the danger zone, but being still alive is more than you could have asked for. Elenor proceeds through the hallway with extreme caution (6) until another trap springs behind him, triggering a boulder rolling towards him with great speed. However, as drama dictates, he manages to outrun the boulder, avoid all further traps and get over the drawbridge at the end of the room before it is drawn up. The boulder, subsequently, falls down the pit created by the retreating drawbridge, and the hallway is trap-sweeped.
However, you are now trapped in the room. Banging on the closed drawbridge does not help matters, so you examine it instead.
The room appears to be one of ancient machinery. You see four levers. One of them is labeled "BOOZE". The second is labeled "FUN". The other two are unlabeled. There are, actually, gaps in the ceiling again through which you can see that you are beneath a wooden storehouse of sorts.
Furthermore, there are a few tables and crates in the room. One table additionally hosts a chair and a large manual, the variety you can kill people with when thrown. On a second table, there is a half-eaten lunch. One of the crates is broken, and you see a great coil of rope within.

Maka:

(2) Mr. Bear is now sadly an ex-bear. You are not a necromancer, so reanimating him is rather unlikely, and you don't have the necessary implants (nor lightning bolts, the sky is clear) to do it by way of SCIENCE. And Ratherio...
Ugh. Ratherio is out.

Ratherio:

(2) There is limits to where human tongues and the imagination of a GM can go. Not to mention that there is no bacon juice on you, unless you mean your own sweat, and by that I mean PC WAS INFRACTED FOR THIS ACTION.

-- City Group --

Helskaya:

(5) While you did not get to the eating just yet, the good news is that you managed to create very thin slices of the stuff. To wit, one lump of magic = 12 slices.

Apollo:

(6) Yee haw baby, and bears there will be.

Taren:

(2) "Hmph. Who sends you?"
"Not yer business. Please be nice and die."
"Then prepare yourselves!"
Taren's first swing, however, is dodged, and the ruffians counterattack. (4 vs 3) (6 vs 4) Taren himself evades the knife man's swing and parries a vicious club swing, being a bit shaken afterwards, and attacks a second time. (5 vs 5) The blow strikes true, but the defender's luck managed to avert most of the damage. (5 vs 1) (6 vs 2) In the ensuing counter-offense, Taren takes two direct hits, but his armor protects him from the worst. (1 vs 1) Shaken from the club strike, his next attack is laughably weak, but still inflicts quite some damage. The knife wielder is noticeably wounded now.

Remy:

(4) Er, no? Your magic doesn't work that way. So... pocketing the book, it is. Nobody is around anyway. This library is private and hopefully not magically surveillanced.
After that you get out.

--

The characters exploring the ruins will get two turns for every one the others get, starting now (so the next time I update will be a mini-turn). The ruins aren't planned to be that large, but the intermission wasn't, either.

Character sheets.

Helskaya Arkut (lawastooshort)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Elenor Warsen (Caellath)

Apollo Anderson (Spinal_Taper)

Taren Creyn (Tiruin)

Ratherio Houston (borno)

Remy Maelle (Remaelle)

Maka R'lyeh-Voile (IronyOwl)
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 03:30:15 pm by Errol »
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: June 15, 2012, 02:33:09 pm »

(I think you forgot to put the manual in my inventory.)

Unable to work out how to do th spell he wanted, Remy satisfies himself with the original instead.  Who's going to notice?  Now to put the new skills to use.
Head out to find trouble.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Harvest bear parts. Pelt, claws, maybe jaws or bones... anything that might be handy.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A close call on the axe and not so much on the rolling boulder, but it was to be expected from suspicious ruins. Elenor wonders for a moment why no one had explored this place already and sprung most of the traps, getting to the conclusion that maybe some idiots already did so, and as logic dictates he fared slightly better than the former adventurers, managing to push deeper into the place.

Now on to finding a solution...The knight examines all of the room, taking in the area. His eyes stop for some time at the half-eaten lunch. The best place to start analyzing.

Examine the half-eaten lunch and try to obtain information from its analysis: how much time it has been there, what has been eating it, how tall, strong the creature is and its gender and approximate age. Then pick a pebble from the supplies bag and throw it at the pit, estimating the fall through hearing and comparing the descent with the rope's length.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

((Yep, think you didn't add my slices of magic))

Eat one of the slices! Preferably in a calm and safe place.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Apollo enchants his bullets, trying to store a small amount of energy into them, so they pierce much better.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 05:13:25 pm by Spinal_Taper »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ace enchants his bullets, trying to store a small amount of energy into them, so they pierce much better.
((Apollo.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ace enchants his bullets, trying to store a small amount of energy into them, so they pierce much better.
((Apollo.))
((Goddamn it. A-names and gunslingers, there's my excuse.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

"I have ways of making people talk."

Attack once more, aiming to get one of them disarmed and prone to the ground. Use a combination of weaponry attacks and perhaps unconventional strikes.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This has to be some kind of record for me now. Unfortunately, I'm getting worked by my current schedule...

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

OK, got my life back on track now, update tomorrow and then regularily in this semi-bi-weekly schedule we have settled in before. Most likely.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 58