Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 58

Author Topic: Roll to Explore the Dungeon: Ch.2 T.38: Do you even praise the King?  (Read 120534 times)

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Explore the Dungeon! Turn Eighteen: Screw adventure, let's read
« Reply #375 on: June 03, 2012, 11:02:57 am »

((How powerful can the halberd be? I was thinking about very something characteristic of Elenor, like a Halberd which automagically hits the enemies' weak spots. The Axe-and-pick part of the halberd could also be dettachable so it could be used as a throwing spear.

Especially because it has to be worth it after I discovered how long the delivery'll take.))

((That could fit, but you definitely will not be able to swing the thing wildly at your opponents and expect a hit on their weak spots. It's more likely to be written as the weapon boosting your weak-spot-finding intuition... and it still might fail at times.))
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: June 03, 2012, 11:05:35 am »

((Yeah, that's what I have in mind, but I'll also have to be able to block using the handle. Especially because the shield will have to be left on Elenor's back whilst he is wielding the Halberd.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: June 03, 2012, 11:45:27 am »

Apollo approaches Elizabeth to ask her about the book. If she doesn't have a copy of it, he looks for two books, one of true alchemy and another about alchemical magic.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 11:53:49 am by Spinal_Taper »

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: June 03, 2012, 11:52:38 am »

Crack knuckles, stretch, clear mind.  Prepare for some boring reading.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: June 03, 2012, 11:53:28 am »

Apollo approaches Elenor to ask her about the book. If she doesn't have a copy of it, he looks for two books, one of true alchemy and another about alchemical magic.
((Elenor is a man, and is the name of my knight. Don't you mean Elizabeth?))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: June 03, 2012, 11:54:14 am »

Apollo approaches Elenor to ask her about the book. If she doesn't have a copy of it, he looks for two books, one of true alchemy and another about alchemical magic.
((Elenor is a man, and is the name of my knight. Don't you mean Elizabeth?))
((I'm not good with names.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Explore the Dungeon! Turn 19/a: Enter the sidequests
« Reply #381 on: June 03, 2012, 03:54:26 pm »

Elenor calmly leans against the wall as he analyzes the overpriced delivery services. Part of the reason he left so much of his usual equipment behind was exactly due to the prices of the carriages. While he was using one of his relatives' cottages located at a neighbouring region, he could easily swap between the different types of weapon and armor needed for each task at hand. The high prices and the necessity of saving cash inherent to a mercenary knight meant he left many of his weapons and his heavier armor back in one of his relative's property and traveled light.

And now bringing just the halberd would take both a good amount of time and a generous payment. But there is no use for money when you are dead due to the lack of proper preparations. And he had helped to reforge the polearm from its decayed shape as a forsaken magical item into a valuable killing tool. It would be a good idea to start moving all of his gear to the city, since there was no doubt exploring the dungeon would be a challenge.

He also checks his items for distracting large amounts of people. There are still some fake gold pieces, gemstones, a very high-class cloth (usually held by young ladies) he leaves on the ground to distract men when such is needed...There is also a small copy of the necronomicon which is actually a book on cooking with its cover replaced. He is saving that one for Ratherio.

Past Elenor: Pay the 120 CP. Discuss the possiblity of adding his set of daggers into the package, since they are light and would take little or no more space than the halberd alone. Give the man a letter with his seal to be delivered to his relative in order for him to be sure the transportation was authorized.
Present Elenor: a) Cautiously search and try to identify any possible traps, preferentially from a distance and b) Examine the door and the torches carefully. If it has already been done, light the torches from afar, as in throwing something to light them, all the while crouching against the nearest corner.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 10:09:17 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: June 03, 2012, 04:24:34 pm »

((Two fives in a row! :)) ))

The request could have been worse. It could have involved severed horse heads in people's beds.
Taren smiled as he gladly accepted the Priest's cause, and readied his newly consecrated sword and buckler, the latter by tying it around his right arm and the former by sheathing it until it was ready to be drawn.

Today felt like a good day, where everything was going your way for generally no reason at all. He was gladdened by the openness of the Priest, who spoke more by uttering so little, and the fact that he felt that his party was being progressive in their deeds.

Go to location as stated, once there, examine the place.

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: June 03, 2012, 09:04:24 pm »

Once out, Ratherio could barely contain his excitement.
"Yes! No more debt for me!"
He pumped his fist, and headed over to the old abandoned ruins.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: June 04, 2012, 09:51:56 pm »

Maka frowned. She really didn't want to go in there unprepared, but that silly knight was apparently still messing around with his halberd. Maybe she could scout the area a bit...?

Search for anything suspicious around the perimeter of the ruins.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: June 04, 2012, 10:07:09 pm »

Maka frowned. She really didn't want to go in there unprepared, but that silly knight was apparently still messing around with his halberd. Maybe she could scout the area a bit...?
((For a crazy wizard, she is quite sane. Ratherio would run inside the Ruins while singing YMCA at the top of his lungs.))
>Yes?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: June 04, 2012, 10:15:25 pm »

((Well, she can hardly go in there with no minions, now can she? :P))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: June 05, 2012, 04:16:48 am »

((For a crazy wizard, she is quite sane. Ratherio would run inside the Ruins while singing YMCA at the top of his lungs.))

((Oh god I must write that now.))
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: June 05, 2012, 04:38:34 am »

On his way to the ruins, Ratherio saw Maka.

"Hey, whatcha doin'? I mean,Wahatcha doin'?!"

He says, only realizing later in his sentence that he and Maka were rivals. He didn't really feel happy about being rivals with a person younger him, as his own unique sense of honour.

"Ok, sorry about scaring you earlier with my threats. I didn't really mean it at the time. Sorry about upsetting you."

He held out his hand.

"Truce? I mean, mummy always used to-to say..."

He broke off, lost in thoughts.

"I'm-I'm sorry, but..."

He then looked around for Apollo. He really needed someone to hug.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: June 05, 2012, 05:44:01 am »

((I will be so alone, being not in those ruins.  :P))
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 58