Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 58

Author Topic: Roll to Explore the Dungeon: Ch.2 T.38: Do you even praise the King?  (Read 120527 times)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

Helskaya makes his order at the counter, hoping his post-relaxation maths added up.

Two lesser diluted mana potions (62cp);
Two potions of okay healing (36cp);
One stoneskin potion (17cp).

"Would you be interested in some genuine lumps of crystallised magic?" he asked.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile

Apollo looks for "Of Universal Science".

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Maka laughed maniacally. For a reason, this time.

Then it was off to do other things. "I'd like to go investigate those suspicious ruins, but I don't think it'd be safe alone, if anyone wants to come," she said to those still in the library.

Then she was off. As she was leaving, she noticed Elenor also attempting to flee, albeit much slower and with more purpose.

"Hey there! Whatcha doing?!"
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Elenor turned his head to the wizard.
"I am heading into the town to check for prices for transportation business to bring my halberd here. Afterwards I'll explore the Suspicious Ruins."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

"Ooooh, I was hoping to go to the suspicious ruins!

...but, why do you want your halberd? Can't you just make a new one?"
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Ooooh, I was hoping to go to the suspicious ruins!

...but, why do you want your halberd? Can't you just make a new one?"
"I lack a smithing kit, my weaponsmithing knowledge is not so sharp and the halberd is one which was carefully forged. It would take months for me to replicate the technique even if I had such skill."
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Maka scratched her head.

"Oh. So it's some kind of artifact then?"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Maka scratched her head.

"Oh. So it's some kind of artifact then?"
"Yes, it is an artifact and it supposedly has a magical effect, but I never tried to unleash it. And even if I manage to find a company willing to bring it over for a reasonable price, they woult probably take some days to deliver it to me. So I am searching for a good deal now so that when we delve deeper into the dungeon I may be more prepared."
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 05:34:19 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

"Oh, alright then. I guess planning ahead is good. Hopefully I'll see you at the suspicious ruins later then!"

Investigate suspicious ruins.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((@GM: Would that be acceptable? The "get my halberd back by getting people to deliver it to me"? It would take some time, but Elenor did travel with only a few of his possessions and due to the fact that each day will be harder than the last gives me an excuse to bring a stronger weapon in some days.))

Elenor nods silently to Maka and gets back on his path. He actually already knows the halberd's properties and powers, for it is not within his rules to carry weaponry around without knowing their full potential. He knows the stakes would be getting higher and so a better and more versatile weapon is in need.

>Yes?

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Oh yes! I almost forgot!"
Head back to the store from which I got my debt from, but don't pay it yet. Try to find the guy that he owes the money to.
"Listen buddy. It was an honest mistake. Hows about You take this debt notice back, and no-one gets harmed?"
He says, whilst leaning against the wall and generally trying to act cool. If he refuses to take the notice, Ratherio stands up on his tippy-toes, trying to intimidate the man, which was difficult due to his small stature.
"Look buddy. I know black magic. I could turn you into a frog right where we stand. Do you want that?"
If he still doesn't accept, Ratherio slams his fist on his table and makes a little squeaking noise. He clears his throat.
"OK. I'm warning you. When I count to three, you better of taken this from me..."
"3"
"2"
"1"
He then raises his hands and makes some tickling motions with his fingers. If this doesn't make him take the debt, cast kortuch on him!

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile

((May I get two actions, since talking to Elizabeth isn't quite an action?))

((...probably.))

((@GM: Would that be acceptable? The "get my halberd back by getting people to deliver it to me"? It would take some time, but Elenor did travel with only a few of his possessions and due to the fact that each day will be harder than the last gives me an excuse to bring a stronger weapon in some days.))

((Ask the dice. It's a reasonable idea and fits in your character's bio, so I'd wager you have good chances.))

(Wait so how much money did I pay off and how much do I owe now?)

((Check your debt notice, it's been updated. You paid about half of it.))
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Explore the Dungeon! Turn Eighteen: Screw adventure, let's read
« Reply #372 on: June 02, 2012, 07:03:25 am »

I -wanted- to roll today, however my parents have other plans with my time...

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Explore the Dungeon! Turn 19/a: Enter the sidequests
« Reply #373 on: June 03, 2012, 10:04:20 am »

Turn Nineteen A: Ratherio gets himself in trouble again... wait, is that news?

Helskaya:
Spoiler: Action (click to show/hide)

(5) "That would add up to 216 cp." the clerk says. Helskaya empties his pouch on the counter. "Is that enough?"
The clerk looks at him sadly: "No, you're missing 101 cp. Care to revise your order?"
"Eh..." Helskaya makes a note to himself not to try maths again for the next few hours or so. "In that case... are you interested in these?" He puts his lumps of magic on the counter.
"Wha- are those genuine lumps of magic?! In that case, even one of them would easily make up for the difference. Are you selling?"
Helskaya sells and is left over with 36 cp after his purchases, and still three lumps of magic. (Again, may sell more/buy more without expending next turn's action.)

Elenor:

(6) The post office is one of those facilities in the city that has problems adjusting to the influx of immigrants and seekers of fortune, which is to say, there is quite a waiting queue. Elenor swiftly dissolves it by audibly dropping a fake gold piece. In the ensuing chaos, he is the only one to step up to the counter.
The capacties of the carriages are obviously overstretched. Either you'd pay 250 cp upwards to get it imported within two days or so, or you have to wait a week or even longer, but only pay 60 cp for it. With 120 cp, you could get it within five days, perhaps.
After Elenor makes his decision, he speeds away to the suspicious ruins and looks around the area. There is, in fact, an entrance into the underground, and he takes it without second thought, winding up in a room with a total of four ways leading to it, including the entrance. He takes a random way of these, eager to get this exploration over with.
This room looks like the local youth gathers in it at sundays and gets wasted. There is, in fact, a barrel of beer in a corner and the general disorder of a teenager's room in the everywhere. Through holes in the ceiling, light falls in, but the majority of the room is still covered in twilight. Opposite to the entrance here, however, is a stone door, more of a stone slab, with no discernible means of opening it. An unlit torch is on either side of that door, but that would be too obvious.
...or not?

Apollo:

(2) The book is not in Elizabeth's library. Either it has not arrived yet, this pretty much only being her 'travel' library, or she does not actually have it. Either way, might be wise to ask her about it.
(Talking is a free action.)

Taren:

(5) Under the benevolent eyes of the priest, you place your armaments on the altar and make a prayer for consecration. As you speak your words, the light in the room grows brighter ever so slightly. A good omen.
"Well, seems like your prayers got answered. 'suppose that means you're really as good as you look. Can I trust you with a little thing then?"
Taren nods. In his mind, there is no real reason not to.
"Someone's murdered a beggar last night, and his corpse's looking pretty bad. Could you please take a look at him, see what happened to the poor guy? Can't really make a sense of it meself, but you should have more experience with these things, right? He should currently be in the crypt, at the other side of the river."
The request could have been worse. It could have involved severed horse heads in people's beds.

Ratherio:

(3) "Pffff! What should I expect from a scrawny idiot like you? Listen, punk. I own a magic shop, and I can see plainly that you wouldn't be able to even touch me through the excellent magic protection amulets we sell here, only 50 cp apiece."
(4) Ratherio calls BS and tests his magic... he and the shopkeep's protection are evenly matched, though, but he manages to convey the impression he isn't going all-out (which he is). Mr. Vendor is sweating visibly. "Okay, okay. As long as I never have to see your face again in here, you get out free." Rath is content and agrees to the deal.
After he exits, the shopkeeper grabs a piece of paper with a list of names, then appends Ratherio's name to the list, closes his shop and leaves for the courthouse.

Remy:

(3) After nearly half an hour of searching, Remy finally finds the damn manual. He starts to read it, but his mind is not clear enough to grasp the subject matter (and the book itself is rather dry), so he proceeds to grab a drink or three, sone chocolate and reading glasses to properly prepare himself for the task at hand.

Maka:

(2) After failing to display a working sense of direction several times, Maka finally arrives outside the ruins. Elenor is nowhere to be found, however.

--

The characters exploring the ruins will get two turns for every one the others get, starting now (so the next time I update will be a mini-turn). The ruins aren't planned to be that large, but the intermission wasn't, either.

Character sheets.

Helskaya Arkut (lawastooshort)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Elenor Warsen (Caellath)

Apollo Anderson (Spinal_Taper)

Taren Creyn (Tiruin)

Ratherio Houston (borno)

Remy Maelle (Remaelle)

Maka R'lyeh-Voile (IronyOwl)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Explore the Dungeon! Turn Eighteen: Screw adventure, let's read
« Reply #374 on: June 03, 2012, 10:33:01 am »

((How powerful can the halberd be? I was thinking about very something characteristic of Elenor, like a Halberd which automagically hits the enemies' weak spots. The Axe-and-pick part of the halberd could also be dettachable so it could be used as a throwing spear.

Especially because it has to be worth it after I discovered how long the delivery'll take.))
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 10:40:03 am by Caellath »
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 58