Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 58

Author Topic: Roll to Explore the Dungeon: Ch.2 T.38: Do you even praise the King?  (Read 120532 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Hmm, so should I be doing more mind messing rather than summoning water? I'm not normally a very magicky person so I'm not very good at keeping track. I wish I was actually a shaman though.))
((Your types of magic are different; yours is Shamanic magic, and his is Shamanistic. Remember that the GM told you he had to fit the "shaman" stereotype into his system?

@GM: You should not give up on giving us RPing opportunities, since character development is interesting. Not that kind of character development, but still.))
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 01:45:44 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

On the way out, Ratherio gently nudged Maka.

"The position of bestest wizard is already taken, girl. And you know that I do black magic, so you should stay away from me."
whispered Ratherio, still sore from the 'Incident'.

After he has done that, he asks Elizabeth for an enchanted dagger, or a wand if she doesn't have one.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile

((Hmm, so should I be doing more mind messing rather than summoning water? I'm not normally a very magicky person so I'm not very good at keeping track. I wish I was actually a shaman though.))
((Your types of magic are different; yours is Shamanic magic, and his is Shamanistic. Remember that the GM told you he had to fit the "shaman" stereotype into his system?

@GM: You should not give up on giving us RPing opportunities, since character development is interesting. Not that kind of character development, but still.))

((Same sources of power. But far different usages. That's what the difference between Shamanic/Shamanistic Magic is. Both draw upon the same spirits for far different results.
Just do your thing and I'll try to fit it in, or say what really does not work. So, you can do your shaman stuff :P Perhaps that will be outsourced in an actual skill of itself. Slightly outside of traditional magic. As shamans in general are.
Also, RPing opportunities will be given, that won't be the issue. However, I think we should have at least Ratherio's RPing go through a thorough screening first :P ))

((@GM: Can't say much now that we have a loli on the actual party, but you did plan on shipping Rath (presumably an adult) and Maka (Elizabeth-esque wizard). Wait, would that make Ratherio a lolicon?
All that "I look like I girl but I'm over 50 lolololol." hinders me from being precise in my accusations.

((He's an everythingcon. I thought we had that established. Furthermore, I'd guess Maka to actually not be that old yet... 30? 35?))
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 02:55:21 pm by Errol »
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((He's an everythingcon. I thought we had that established. Furthermore, I'd guess Maka to actually not be that old yet... 30? 35?))
((Good point. He would probably hump a lamp post if it happened to arouse him somehow.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

((Maka's "totally almost close to twenty."))

Maka gave a deranged cackle at Ratherio's warning.

"A rival! How awesome! Did you hear that, Auntie Liz? I have a rival now, HAHAHAHAHA!

OH! And that reminds me, I'm really looking forward to your gift, Auntie Liz!"

Explore Liz's library for books on augmenting living things.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile

Apollo heard the young mages laughter, and begun to twitch. A wide smile spread across his face, and he begun to laugh, a dark chuckle almost matching hers in intimidation ability. The laugh had almost reached it's peak, when he abruptly stopped and looked around. Quickly, he slapped himself in the face, and he returned to his usual somewhat downcast expression. These people, they were awakening his... darker tendencies.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Elenor's eyes shifted slightly towards Maka. Now with "rival" wizards on their team, the amount of problems would only spike up. Sexual tensions between the magic-users could happen as it is the standard in that kind of relationship, and although the young knight knew the crazy wizard probably had the same "looks younger than actually is" problem Elizabeth suffered from, he could not help but feel the little pink thing would be sorry one day for accepting Ratherio the Omnisexual as a rival.

Elenor ignored the laughter and overall stupidity of the situation and took a small metal sigil with his family's coat of arms (a dark red rose upon a dark blue background)  emblazoned from one of his pouches, presenting it to Elizabeth.

"Would it be possible for you to grant this object a small healing effect so that the wielder may regenerate damage on his body over time? Only if it is within your constraints, of course."

The action above.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 04:55:44 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Are you not serious about this?! I AM A BLACKDARK WIZARD. IF I WANTED TOO, I COULD BEAT YOU UP WHERE YOU STAND. I COULD TURN YOU INTO... INTO A PIE! PEOPLE WOULD WANT TO EAT YOU! DO YOU WANT THAT?!"
Ratherio finished his rant with a huff, which kind of ruined the effect.

Once out of voice range, Ratherio whispers to himself.
"To the library!"
He goes in and searches for a book about the Goddess of chaos. If there is none, he settles for a book of dark magic.

Ratherio's love square:
Ratherio------------------------------------------------------------------------Apollo
|                                                                                                                   |
|                                                                                                                   |
Zombie Girl---------------------------------------------------------------------Goddess of Chaos

Of course, this is assuming that Apollo wants to tap the Goddess too. But doesn't everyone?

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

But doesn't everyone?

Not if there's a hot looking polar bear woman about, no.

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Also, I would accept Maka's help for tapping the Goddess.))

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Today. You should know the drill.

((BTW ashamed at my pace of updates right now))

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Turn Eighteen: Writing books is tiresome

Helskaya:
Spoiler: Action (click to show/hide)

(5) The shop has actually upped its stock. Maybe it could even be called a serious store now. It now is stocking the following goods:

Potion of Lesser Healing: 8 cp
Adrenaline Potion: 11 cp
Painkiller Potion: 13 cp
Potion Base: 3 cp
Poison Flask: 9 cp
Acid Flask: 17 cp
Potion of Okay Healing: 18 cp
Potion of Above Average Healing: 34 cp
Stoneskin Potion: 17 cp
Antivenom: 10 cp
Disease Vial: 14 cp
Clarity Potion: 32 cp
Instant Injection: 25 cp
Magical Girl Merrin Gum: 6 cp
Lord Smorg's Patented Hellfire Contoction: 100 cp
Crushed Mana Crystals: 20 cp/g
Diluted Mana Potion: 15 cp
Blindpowder: 22 cp
Less Diluted Mana Potion: 31 cp

...they raised prices, though. Seriously?

After buying what he wanted, Hel walks to the library and pulls out a few books with promising titles, then puts them on the reading table and sits down, ready to read.

Elenor:

(1) "Well, duh." She still doesn't take it well when someone questions her ability. "Of course I can. Everything is in my constraints... well, more or less. But such an enchantment - who the hell do you think I am to fail such a simple enchantment?"
Elenor remains stoic.
"Well, just give that thing to me. Let's get this over with."
He hands the trinket over.
Perhaps his thoughts are more vocal, but he does not say anything during the act. But it is evident he doesn't really trust her still.

Apollo:

(5) Any books on alchemy... Hah, you might have underestimated the size of the search results. Or the size of the library for the matter. Most of them are actually about Alchemic Magic, eventually, Apollo caves and picks a book at random.
It is actually about Alchemy proper. As in, transmutation of things, equivalent exchange, chemistry and stuff like that. The writing style is also, overall, easy enough to understand.
"Alchemy and Alchemic Magic are similar not only in name. Evidence does suggest they are just two sides of the same coin. Both a capable Alchemist as well as a trained Alchemic Mage understand that the power lies within the matter itself. However, it is rare that an Alchemist uses Alchemic Magic or that an Alchemic Mage learns Alchemy. The reason of this is twofold; one, neither group gets along with the other. Some skilled Alchemists view Magic as a crutch and Mages as amateurs, they are elitists and purists. Many other pursue the legendary Philosopher's Stone, but they are mainly charlatans and deluded fools. Transmutation is a point where Alchemy and Alchemic Magic touch, but it has long since become discredited by those wishing to transform lead to gold but only managing to transform gold to nothing. Anybody with a basic knowledge of economics would see that a way to transform Lead to Gold would only crash the currency in the long term, anyway. The few reputable transmuters that remain have chosen to isolate themselves from the other practitioners. It is rare that you see one of them, but they should not be underestimated.
Of course, (most) Alchemic Mages view Alchemy as a roundabout and overly complicated way of achieving something you could solve by waggling with your fingers, and thus those very similar schools of thoughts are in reality very, very far apart. But unlike most practitioners like to think, Alchemy and Alchemic Magic are not two ways of achieving the same thing the same way. They are not redundant to each other, and there has been an attempt to unify the two, magic and science, in hopes of achieving a result far beyond what either Alchemy or Alchemic Magic could achieve, calling it 'Universal Science'. The person behind this magical, theoretical and scientific effort is only known as 'Kreutzer', and little else is known about him/her. Their motives are unknown. Because nearly every practitioner of Alchemy or Alchemic Magic thinks an unification of the branches to be a fool's effort, there is nearly no books about the subject matter - this might prove to be a fatal mistake somewhere down the road. This development should be watched. For further information, refer to the book 'Of Universal Science' by R. Christofer."

Why the hell did you read all of this. Your tl;dr reflexes must have failed you.

Taren:

(5) The town church is really rather unremarkable, like many of the other churches you have come across. The priest is anything but unremarkable - he's towering, buff and bald as well as full of vigor, a very imposing figure that you'd run from in a dark alley.
Despite this, he's really friendly and you have a good chat with him. The two of you get along very well. And thus, when you ask for his blessing as an adventurer slash member of the only sane knight corps, he gladly gives it to you, together with a patronizing, but ultimately friendly pat on the shoulder.
Now, if only the world had more sane people like him. Instead... you have your party.

Ratherio:

(4) Ratherio searches and finds an 'Encyclopedia Spiritae', which, he figures, should help him in his quest. The book is huge and, or so it seems to Ratherio, contains every supernatural being that ever existed, by name...
Waaait. You don't know her name... perhaps her titles. Not her name, though. So you resort to leafing through the book.
It, as it turns out, has a huge amount of illustrations, but one catches your eye - it is really ancient. But it also is a crest, and it shows the ranking of the abyssals. Unfortunately, there is no hint of her anywhere, not even at the top... wait a second. That's no fancy page border, that's got a meaning too. "The Sea of Chaos", it says... so, is she out of the normal order, and does she actually have a name like any other good abyssal?
Either way, all of this exists in the Sea of Chaos. Is there any deeper meaning to be found in there? No sighting of her, yet.

Remy:

(1) Your offering of helmet is rejected in disgust everywhere you try it, including the local beggars. In fact, you have a permanent restraining order from Lemongrass General in your hands right now. At least the gunchucks guy accepted your money, and perhaps even took it as a sign of goodwill. After all, you are not restrained from going in there, at least...

Maka:

(5) So many books! Wow. Liz must be crazy.
After a short consideration time Maka pulls out a bunch of reading implements that seem relevant, spreads them on the ground, then throws her scepter into the air. Through sheer, dumb luck it does not smash any, but points on one instead, so Maka takes that one and stuffs the others back into the bookshelf. The book is titled "Gene Engineering, Fleshgrafting And You." She starts reading it.
...oh, wow, that's one author that has earned Maka's greatest respect and will subsequently be placed at the very last spot of the zombification list. She pockets the book, eager to do some SCIENCE.

Character sheets.

Helskaya Arkut (lawastooshort)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Elenor Warsen (Caellath)

Apollo Anderson (Spinal_Taper)

Taren Creyn (Tiruin)

Ratherio Houston (borno)

Remy Maelle (Remaelle)

Maka R'lyeh-Voile (IronyOwl)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 03:29:43 pm by Errol »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((May I get two actions, since talking to Elizabeth isn't quite an action?))

"It would also be in the best of interests if we had a way of communicating with you while inside the dungeon."
Elenor nonchalantly turned his back to Elizabeth and walked out of the room. He was undisturbed about her antics, they only showed weaknesses he could take advantage of in the future. Wizards really should guard their mind as well as they they defended their books.

Elenor moves on to swiftly check how much it would cost to import his halberd - a masterful weapon which would allow him to keep the enemies at a safe distance - from the neighbouring region where he left it with a family retainer and goes to the Suspicious Ruins afterwards.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 05:33:48 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Taren smiled as he approached the altar, the priest took most of his burdens away with just a simple conversation. His joy was somewhat diluted when he remembered his times with the others.

Well, life wasn't always that picky. At least he could trust them with his life, and his healing. Somewhat.

He knelt at the altar, unsheathing and displaying his broadsword and probably his buckler on it. Uttering a prayer to the Lord to consecrate them, preferring the broadsword if impossible.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 03:24:45 pm by Tiruin »

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile

(Wait so how much money did I pay off and how much do I owe now?)
Head back to find the book on chain revolver usage.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 58