Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 58

Author Topic: Roll to Explore the Dungeon: Ch.2 T.38: Do you even praise the King?  (Read 120484 times)

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Explore the Dungeon! Turn Twelve, Part Two: Let's Rock
« Reply #225 on: May 02, 2012, 01:34:21 am »

How the last few days went:

1. Resolve to update RtD.
2. Do something else.
3. Feel bad for not updating RtD, resolve to definitely do it tomorrow.

How today should go:

1. Resolve to update RtD.
2. Update RtD.

/e: HELSKAYA PLEASE REPORT IN, I NEED YOUR ACTION
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 11:28:53 am by Errol »
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Explore the Dungeon! Turn Twelve, Part Two: Let's Rock
« Reply #226 on: May 02, 2012, 01:11:41 pm »

Summon a water spirit to appear inside the golem. ((also, sorry))

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Explore the Dungeon! Turn Thirteen: Head-first into the wall
« Reply #227 on: May 03, 2012, 03:11:23 pm »

Turn Thirteen: Whacked together with very little time for whatever reason.

Since the golem is slow, it always goes last in the initiative roll. This leaves:

Taren: 1
Elenor: 5
Hel: 1
Apollo: 5
Rath: 1
Remy: 2

Elenor:
Spoiler: Action (click to show/hide)

(3) You're no magic guy. The only fact is that there is most likely a shield. She wouldn't even consider going around unprotected, at least that's the impression you got.
But that shield, how is it supposed to look? How powerful is it?
And those crystals on the shoulders of the golem... they might be important, all right. But again, not the foggiest clue what they are supposed to do. And now...

Apollo:

(2) "Eeeelenor! You see any weak points?"
"Nope!"
"Well, me neither!"
And it's true. The shield appears to not have any flaw to your eyes, and without flaws on the shield there is no harming the golem. Serious problem. That is, there actually is a strong part, located at the cockpit.
So you save your powder, because really, attacking the thing without knowing where to is a waste. Surely, nobody else would do this, right?

Remy:

(2) Hmph. Only one solution to this problem, that's evident. "Stay back, guys! This is about to get... explosive!"
Ignoring the team's doubts, you unleash your most powerful spell to get the shell to crack. There is no problem that can't be solved with a large enough explosion, so yadda yadda, MEEEEEEEEGAAAAAA BRAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNDDDDDDD
But as the smoke is lifted, the golem looks exactly as it did before. Is this what they call the Worf Effect? You cough.

Taren:

(1) Forsooth! It appears you have underestimated the resilency of the common golem's hide to piercing attacks. Even though the thing seems to be made of earth or something, the bolts are stuck there all right, but it doesn't seem to be bothered. At all. You should perhaps have thought of that before shooting half your bolts into the damn thing.
But, wait a second, they actually got through the shield. What the hell is that supposed to imply? Now you're confused.

Helskaya:

(4) Seeing a shield, they charge it head-on. Something that might yield a result sooner or later, but it's also... how to put it, narrowminded? There's more elegant solutions to this. Like bypassing the shield. By pulling a water spirit... should work. Probably.
"Spirit of water..." For summonings, you need special atmosphere and total calmness - probably. That's what you tell people. At least it helps with impressing people and such.
"...I call you." Similarily, the incantation... it builds atmosphere, it helps focus.
"Appear." But sometimes, you are not in the mood for that. All that is really needed is the location. In this case, inside the golem. You don't really know whether it's going to work but hey. You can only guess what kind of effect it will have. The summon worked, that's all you got.

Ratherio:

(5) Hmmm. Hmhmhm. So this is a construct that can be directed... hehehe... there's a spell for that... Casting now...
To your surprise, Costrus actually... works? You can feel no resistance, in fact, the golem surrendered without a fight. You are now in control. And you are not in control, at the same time. It is more like two controllers, which is bound to result in chaos.
Hot damn, this is going to rock.

Elizabeth (1) fails to win the struggle for control (but so does Rath, at least). Between the water elemental possibly screwing things up and Ratherio definitely trying to make the golem pirouette she barely manages to not make the golem fall over repeatedly. It's still cracked.

Spoiler: Locations (click to show/hide)

Character sheets.

Helskaya Arkut (lawastooshort)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Elenor Warsen (Caellath)

Apollo Anderson (Spinal_Taper)

Taren Creyn (Tiruin)

Ratherio Houston (borno)

Remy Maelle (Remaelle)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: May 03, 2012, 03:22:25 pm »

((I thought a terran golem might get a bit muddy inside, when filled with water, you see, and fall to the ground in a pile of mud. Now I don't know what to do with my trapped water elemental. Heehee.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: May 03, 2012, 03:30:30 pm »

((Are the bolts going through her cockpit shield?))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: May 03, 2012, 03:51:46 pm »

(Stand back everybody, it's time for ULTRA BRAND.  Or something.  To be honest my character's more of an alchemist then a shaman.)

(OH WAIT I know what I need to do.)
Magically reinforce Helskaya's water elemental.  Pump more spirits into it, or something, to make it more powerful, enough for it to break through the golem.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 03:59:00 pm by Remalle »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: May 03, 2012, 03:54:02 pm »

((Now I don't know what to do with my trapped water elemental. Heehee.))
((Make it slither all the way inside the cockpit and bitchslap Elizabeth.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: May 03, 2012, 04:05:21 pm »

Hmm, both of the last two are good ideas.

Command water elemental to slither up to the cockpit and fill it.

She'll have to remove the cockpit or drown, hopefully. Wait, isn't she dead?

An alternative is:

Grow the water elemental until it explodes out the golem, showering golem everywhere!

edit: chose!
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 04:46:31 pm by lawastooshort »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: May 03, 2012, 04:12:56 pm »

Elenor shrugs.

If a very good opportunity is presented (as in no barrier and good chances), initiate Insane Plan#1.
(Which remembers me. If 5 would mean a perfect outcome for my stupid plan, how would an overshoot play?)

Otherwise:

Elenor keeps his disciplined position and fires a bolt at the crystal incrusted on the golem's right shoulder.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 05:42:43 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: May 03, 2012, 04:20:07 pm »

"Maybe we could make the water push on one point of the golem, which we could then attack, right?Apollo looks over the golem for any bulges caused by the water.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 04:44:25 pm by Spinal_Taper »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: May 03, 2012, 04:20:38 pm »

"Maybe we could make the water push on one point of the golem, which we could then attack, right?"[color]Apollo looks over the golem for any bulges caused by the water.
((I am the one using blue in dialogues so far, by the way.))
>Yes?

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: May 03, 2012, 04:29:27 pm »

"Maybe we could make the water push on one point of the golem, which we could then attack, right?"[color]Apollo looks over the golem for any bulges caused by the water.
((I am the one using blue in dialogues so far, by the way.))
((I've forgotten what color I was using. I'll just cycle until I get a free one.))

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: May 03, 2012, 04:34:04 pm »

((Are the bolts going through her cockpit shield?))

They are just stuck somewhere... let's say on his left knee. You also fired one at the cockpit... it got disintegrated.

((I thought a terran golem might get a bit muddy inside, when filled with water, you see, and fall to the ground in a pile of mud. Now I don't know what to do with my trapped water elemental. Heehee.))

It's not-quite-earth. Magic earth. With some metal machinery for good measure. Terran Golems are complex machines brah.

She'll have to remove the cockpit or drown, hopefully. Wait, isn't she dead?

Not even a scratch on her - the cockpit shield's good stuff (and so are the seat belts). But somewhat, well, engaged in struggling with the controls.

(Which remembers me. If 5 would mean a perfect outcome for my stupid plan, how would an overshoot play?)

I don't know if I can be evil enough for that. Writing that action at any roll will be a hell of a ride.

(Stand back everybody, it's time for ULTRA BRAND.  Or something.  To be honest my character's more of an alchemist then a shaman.)

Shamanic Magic =/= Shamanistic Magic. Shamanic Magic is what Hel is doing and did in fact not exist in my setting plan until he showed up. Shamanistic Magic mostly
features the usage of elements and/or raw spirit energy in highly destructive spells - think of your basic Elementalist. Shamanic Magic is a bit more... subtle, let's say that. Calls on the same forces, achieves much different effects.

Alchemist Magic on the other hand involves the force innate in the things themselves. Like gems. Alchemists love gems. Also involves using the power that is innate to yourself to fuel handy utility magic, such as levitation. It basically revolves around enchantments a lot, but transmutation of matter may also be involved.

So yes, overclocking things is squarely in Shamanistic Magic. Because it can cause things to explode.

"Maybe we could make the water push on one point of the golem, which we could then attack, right?"Apollo looks over the golem for any bulges caused by the water.

I'd really like to have red myself for one or two important characters that are yet to be introduced.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 04:38:06 pm by Errol »

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: May 03, 2012, 04:45:59 pm »

Sorry! I'll try to be more destructive in future! Ha.

Also - editing action then to choose the drowning one.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: May 03, 2012, 04:54:01 pm »

Shamans and Shamanistic Mages both draw upon the same sources of power. The difference, in my opinion, is that Shamans are more interested in the spirits that are involved, whereas Shamanistic Mages draw upon the power that these spirits possess.

This does not in any way mean that you have to be destructive. Your class, your lore, your rules (in acceptable bounds)
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 58