Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 58

Author Topic: Roll to Explore the Dungeon: Ch.2 T.38: Do you even praise the King?  (Read 120418 times)

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Explore the Dungeon! Turn Eight: White Feathers for Innocence
« Reply #120 on: April 11, 2012, 10:43:09 am »

(I lol'd at the bit about my helmet.  Gotta find me some running water or a better helmet soon.)

"So... what do you think of this statue, guys?  Some sort of idol the ratmen stole?  Divine artifact placed here directly by the gods?  Random chance led to a random boulder being shaped by random processes into what looks like half an angel?"
Follow Taren, still ready with the gunchucks to back him up.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 11, 2012, 03:30:03 pm »

Continue attempting to follow Taren, with both axes at the ready for throwing.

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 11, 2012, 03:38:06 pm »

Ratherio swallows his pride and

Sneak attacks the ratman in the stall! Cast leaden and aim to subdue.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 11, 2012, 09:51:40 pm »

While disgusted, Apollo busts into a different stall. "OH YEAH!"

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 12, 2012, 01:43:11 am »

oh yea liek i am makeing evry1 starting with lawastooshort karacter

i was reedingthe appearences of the sineup sheets
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 01:46:45 am by borno »

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Explore the Dungeon! Turn Nine: Church of Black Rocks
« Reply #125 on: April 12, 2012, 05:21:54 am »

((That looks like a stoner lying in his own vomit.))

Turn Nine: Just missing the Shooter here

Taren:
Spoiler: Action (click to show/hide)

(3) Why should you cast Nonsens on the angel? It's a spell to try and isolate people's minds from outside influences, particularily harmful ones. You knew why you cast that on Rath back then. As the others. All benefit a wounded mind in some way.
Then, you motion to the left. Then, you walk to the left, confident that everyone else is still in autopilot follow mode.

Helskaya:

(4) The epic not-road-movie continues: Hel follows Taren. I'll keep this in the clipboard

Remy:

(4) See Helskaya, replace Helskaya with Remy. Look, I haven't eaten breakfast yet, this has to be over quick.

Elenor:

(1) You explain, at length, what the two documents on both of your hands entail, the possibility of a stage boss showing up and generally ratmen missing and the red circle and...
Everyone is gone already. You make haste, forgetting about the angel. Probably just another statue anyways.

Apollo:

(2) The stall won't open, no matter how often you kick. Apparently, the door is stuck. You try to open it normally. It opens like a charm.
Ahem.
There is only a regular old toilet, which appears to not be clogged, in here. However, no toilet paper. Nothing interesting, really.

Ratherio:

(5) Once more, you read the scroll of leaden, this time you understand the spell easily. Might be because of the stench? That's worth a few experiments with Remy's now memetically stinking helmets, later on. Anyway, target practise. Apollo is right out, because he has a rifle. But the source of this stench...
First, you use Kortuch on the locking mechanism, aiming to reduce it to rust - this works, so you kick open the door to reveal a very surprised ratman with, literally, his pants down. Overcoming the bestial stench, you put your new spell to good use. Leaden is a weak enough spell that you don't need the incantation, apparently - at least for a ratman sized creature. The ratman, consequently, slumps down even more than he was before, subdued easily. So, Ratherio goes for the next priority and flushes twice... no, three times. Better be sure. Then he pulls the ratman off the toilet, pull his pants back up and wrap him up in toilet paper... better than nothing. No real rope here.

--
Kortuch: Well, it makes something age very, very fast, as long as you touch it.
--

--

The following loot still remains, and nobody cares for it:

Worn shield x1
Wrecked scalemail x1

--

Apart from the way you came in, there is a locked door (now in substantially worse condition), and two other ways. It is to be assumed that the key is somewhere around in those two ways.
At the end of the right hallway, there is a now thoroughly plundered ratman bureau.

At the end of the left hallway, there is an Y intersection. A stench wafts in from the left way, the right one seems unremarkable.
At the end of that left arm of the Y, Apollo and Ratherio find... the bathroom. No wonder it stank to heavens!

Spoiler: Bathroom (click to show/hide)

Whereas, at the end of the other arm, there is a T intersection.

Spoiler: T-Intersection (click to show/hide)

Down the left arm of this one... well, this room feels as wrong here as the statue did. It clearly looks like a church, or at least a very sacral room. However, there is no wood, even the benches are made of stone - but polished stone, unlike the rough one you saw at other places. But, at the altar, well...

Spoiler: Picture related (click to show/hide)

Character sheets.

Helskaya Arkut (lawastooshort)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Elenor Warsen (Caellath)

Apollo Anderson (Spinal_Taper)

Taren Creyn (Tiruin)

Ratherio Houston (borno)

Remy Maelle (Remaelle)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 07:14:45 am by Errol »
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 12, 2012, 05:44:48 am »

Nice artwork. It gets the atmosphere across wonderfully, as well as communicating that some weird ass shit is gonna go down soon enough. Good stuff dude!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 12, 2012, 05:57:20 am »

Taren stopped in his tracks as his eyes adjusted to the dim lighting. This place struck a note in him, a note usually played in a dirge.

He didn't like it at all.

"Sacrilege. This does no good for us if we linger here."

Appraise the altar then try to examine it for any supernatural connection and search for any key-like objects for the door seen earlier.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 08:35:13 am by Tiruin »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 12, 2012, 06:40:02 am »

((Requesting status change to "using logic and being ignored"))

Elenor followed the group. They opted for ignoring him and advancing, and while he wanted to linger for a little more to discuss the matter, staying back to examine the statue alone would be very counter-productive.

Once again a loli, but this time it was a loli image behind an altar. ((Elenor started to theorize about the GM's tastes.
))
The figure very closely resembled one he had already seen before entering the dungeon. Or it could be just his imagination, piecing different lolis together.

The knight moved calmly towards the figure near the altar and examined it.

Edit: I stand corrected. Meaning the loli image position is now right.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 07:20:41 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 12, 2012, 07:13:27 am »

((Requesting status change to "using logic and being ignored"))
Once again a loli, but this time it was a loli statue on an altar. ((Elenor started to theorize about the GM's tastes.
))

Do you want to incur divine lightning from above?

((The picture is rushed. Therefore the statue has far too childish proportions. It's also not on the altar but behind it.

Any attempt at explanation of my stance on what attractivity means to me would just make it worse, so tl;dr: I have a thing for tomboys, not for lolis. My works tend to feature a loli character or two, but that is to be blamed on Touhou Project, not on sexual attraction.

That will also explain why most of the NPCs are going to be female (most, not all, a crucial piece in the plot is male). Get used to it. Besides, I need to balance this all-male party somehow.))

Nice artwork. It gets the atmosphere across wonderfully, as well as communicating that some weird ass shit is gonna go down soon enough. Good stuff dude!

I have watchers! Squeeeeeee

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 12, 2012, 07:19:27 am »

((Aside from my teasing, I forgot to congratulate you. Nice job on the image. And did you really take that seriously? :P))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 12, 2012, 07:20:49 am »

((Aside from my teasing, I forgot to congratulate you. Nice job. And did you really take that seriously? :P))

((...I'm a bit touchy there. You're not the first to tease me for that.))

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 12, 2012, 07:23:37 am »

((Am I with Taren still then? Is someone going to find this key?))

Carefully search the altar room for signs of use.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 12, 2012, 07:32:03 am »

Besides, I need to balance this all-male party somehow.))
((I suppose few women would care to join some of the most eccentric (read mentally-unstable) men the world has to offer in a perilous journey into uncharted territory of a dungeon of doom from which no adventurer has returned alive after trying to explore further than the secondfirst level...Eh.))
((...I'm a bit touchy there. You're not the first to tease me for that.))

((Sorry about it, you made me feel guilty for teasing you now. I have feelings too, you know?  :'())

Edit: You at least have a sound explanation for the shortage of males (especially the young ones), with many of them going for a suicide trip to the dungeon and whatnot...
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 07:44:47 am by Caellath »
>Yes?

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 12, 2012, 07:44:21 am »

Besides, I need to balance this all-male party somehow.))
((I suppose few women would care to join some of the most eccentric (read mentally-unstable) men the world has to offer in a perilous journey into uncharted territory of a dungeon of doom from which no adventurer has returned alive after trying to explore further than the second level...Eh.))
Edit: You at least have a sound explanation for the shortage of males (especially the young ones), with many of them going for a suicide trip to the dungeon and whatnot...

((Point. But the dungeon has only been open/publically known for a few weeks, a month at most. A lot of weaker fortune seekers got themselves killed - which is why there is the whole thing with the Dungeon Office and the key, so that not everyone can enter anymore - but the really competent adventurers are yet to arrive...

And saying any more would spoil what little plot is not made up as I go along.))
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 58