Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 58

Author Topic: Roll to Explore the Dungeon: Ch.2 T.38: Do you even praise the King?  (Read 120395 times)

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Explore the Dungeon! Turn Four: Shamanism solves everything?!
« Reply #75 on: April 05, 2012, 09:36:22 am »

Learn leaden!
(I assume that the incantation is already there, due to it being bought and all.)

((It is.))

I just wanted to do the turn... only four actions posted, though. Meh, whatever, this breakneck pace would probably drive me insane anyway :P
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Explore the Dungeon! Turn Five: The Golden Sea of Chaos
« Reply #76 on: April 05, 2012, 10:02:43 am »

((I wouldn't complain if we were blessed with a new turn.
Edit: And I just realized.
"Now, who are you to intrude into my very self?
"[..] intrude into my very self?
....How about that?))
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 11:53:21 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 05, 2012, 12:03:45 pm »

(I meant using some sort of clairvoyance spell to look through the door :P)

"This officer's helmet is small for me.  Anyone with a smaller head want it?"

Consume one ration before equipping the buckler to my right forearm.  Place the helmet in my backpack, for now.  Rest up before doing anything more strenuous.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 05, 2012, 12:19:27 pm »

(I meant using some sort of clairvoyance spell to look through the door :P)

((When you get an overshot in my RtDs... something has the chance to go very wrong, or very right. Sometimes both at once. If the second roll had been better, the door would be sawdust now. Also, your character is the solve-problems-with-explosions-type, right? If he's not, I'll rectify the lack of these with NPCs!!))

((I wouldn't complain if we were blessed with a new turn.
Edit: And I just realized.
"Now, who are you to intrude into my very self?
"[..] intrude into my very self?
....How about that?))

((Oh you. But... it makes sense in context!))
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 12:21:03 pm by Errol »

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 05, 2012, 12:43:24 pm »

((... your character is the solve-problems-with-explosions-type, right?))
(Sure, why not?)

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 05, 2012, 03:24:31 pm »

Apollo enchants the leather armor, but then notices that he has been left behind. Barreling down the halls he yells at the others "Hey guys, wait for me!". He runs into the office behind the others. He notices Remy's undersized helmet and offers to see if he can enchant it to make it a better size, then he uses his magic to make the scimitar sharper.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 03:32:27 pm by Spinal_Taper »

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 05, 2012, 03:31:51 pm »

"Sure, make it fit my head.  Can you get rid of this stink, too?  It smells like, well, dead ratmen sergeant."

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 05, 2012, 03:35:20 pm »

"Alright, I've got it!" (hopefully...).
 "Uhh, what size is your head?"
"OK, thanks."
Magical resizing go.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Explore the Dungeon! Turn Six
« Reply #83 on: April 06, 2012, 04:17:02 am »

A bit incomplete, sorry.

Elenor:
Spoiler: Action (click to show/hide)

(3) Not much to be found here... that's weird. Perhaps you are not really searching this room the right way, but there doesn't appear to be anything interesting on the tables to the left of the entrance, only endless paperwork.

Remy:

(3) The room is looking rather weird, here. While the others do their work, you conclude that you aren't really up to shape right now and your help wouldn't amount to much.
Therefore, you get yourself a chair, clear it of what's lying on it, and sit down to eat. The chair isn't very comfortable, but you try to relax as well as you can. The ration is consumed rather fast, and you get some stretches in after that, strapping the buckler to your forearm while at it. Not really much to do otherwise, would need a bit of time to get back up to par.

Apollo:

(3) It probably wouldn't have been needed to run... not like the office is going to run away, itself. But Apollo does arrive in time to see Remy struggling with his looted helmet, providing decent slapstick comedy. As a frequent supplier of that sort of amusement himself, Apollo feels with him, and offers to rectify the situation with enchantment.
"Sure!" Remy replies. "But, uh, can you get rid of this stench too?" An enchantment to get rid of stench? That just sounds ridiculous. What's soap and perfume for, then? And...
Increasing the size of the helmet would carry the risk of making it more brittle... the same amount of matter stretched out into more space tends to lead to that, and Apollo isn't quite sure how severe the effect would be. He flips a coin. (Tails) Nah, too risky.
On the same note, making a scimitar sharper? Sure, that would be a nice one, but doesn't exactly work like that... it would be far easier to use a good sharpening stone first and then try to slap an enchantment on it to preserve that sharpness. Any spell you could use to make it sharper in the first place basically works like a sharpening stone, and that's just a waste of magical energy.

Taren:

(2) Ratherio is heavier than you thought. Is it the robes, are you exhausted, or does the guy just eat too much pizza? This is heavier work than assumed, and you take far longer carrying the not really coherent Rath to the office than you'd have liked to. Not really much time left now... Wait, didn't you want to take a buckler with you? Darn... better remember to do that one. Rath is unceremonously dumped on a chair as you himself struggle to get one, but find there to be none left. Tough luck, you guess.
Elenor sees you and talks to you, and you remember wanting to give him some bolts, so you share some of yours with him.

Ratherio:

(1) Your head hurts beyond imagination, you can't concentrate at all. Any coherent thought just frays out before you can finish it. This is no time to be reading scrolls...

Helskaya:

(4) Everyone else is setting off to the office. But Helskaya, having no affinity to paperwork whatsoever, sees no priority in going there, getting his head clear and refreshed with a few rations first. Shamans are tendencially not gluttons, they are used to hunger and thirst, sometimes these states are even intentionally used by them... but, as most human beings, Hel prefers being satiated and fresh to hunger and exhaustion.
The bear thing... well, it's a nice story. Hel, captivated by fond memories of his past, spaces out for a bit, but then snaps back into the present. He did... kind of like being a bear. At times. But it always made him nostalgic...

((Spell added.))

--

The following loot still remains:

Small crossbow x1
Buckler x1
Worn shield x1
Wrecked scalemail x1

--

Apart from the way you came in, there is a locked door (now in substantially worse condition), and two other ways. It is to be assumed that the key is somewhere around in those two ways.

At the end of the right hallway, there is what appears to be a... ratman bureau? There is paperwork and drawers and more paperwork and in-trays and out-trays everywhere. Ratmen don't seem to be particularily orderly though... the "first horizontal surface" system of storage seems to have been applied. There's everything lying around here. Something useful, too, maybe?

Bureau ASCII map:

Code: [Select]
------
|TTTT|
|.c..|
|...C|
|...C|
D....|
|...T|
|CCc.|
------

D = Door/Entryway
C = Filing cabinet
c = Chair
T = Table
. = Ground, with some paperwork on it

Character sheets.

Helskaya Arkut (lawastooshort)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Elenor Warsen (Caellath)

Apollo Anderson (Spinal_Taper)

Taren Creyn (Tiruin)

Ratherio Houston (borno)

Remy Maelle (Remaelle)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 04:19:05 am by Errol »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 06, 2012, 05:40:40 am »

Taren Creyn

Retreat back to the loot place, claim the buckler as mine while strapping it to my right forearm. Proceed down the other hallway.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 06, 2012, 05:49:28 am »

Follow Taren down the hallway at a safe distance.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 06, 2012, 06:09:14 am »

Elenor:

Move the cabinets, search behind and inside them. Move the paperwork from the tables and search for anything suspicious.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 06:33:09 am by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 06, 2012, 07:17:27 am »

M'sthuthus! Could this headache get any worse?... I can't let this happen again. If I do, next time I may not live...

Ratherio draws on the energy of everyone Remy and Apollo using my ring. Remember to say thank-you afterwards.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 03:48:13 pm by borno »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 06, 2012, 07:19:26 am »

M'sthuthus! Could this headache get any worse?... I can't let this happen again. If I do, next time I may not live...

Ratherio draws on the energy of the people around him. Remember to say thank-you afterwards.
((borno, if Ratherio tries to draw the energy of people around him, he should be prepared to be sent to Afterlife sooner than expected.))
>Yes?

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 06, 2012, 07:29:11 am »

Remember to say thank-you afterwards.
((borno, if Ratherio tries to draw the energy of people around him, he should be prepared to be sent to Afterlife sooner than expected.))
No, I told my character to say thank you. So there.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 58