Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 58

Author Topic: Roll to Explore the Dungeon: Ch.2 T.38: Do you even praise the King?  (Read 120378 times)

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Explore the Dungeon! Turn Four: Shamanism solves everything?!
« Reply #60 on: April 04, 2012, 07:16:03 pm »

I think maybe we should upgrade our equipment and sell off all of our excess loot. Also, if no one else wants it I would like the scimitar.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 09:42:02 pm by Spinal_Taper »

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 04, 2012, 11:40:25 pm »

I feel so useless, with everyone looking after me.  :(

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 05, 2012, 12:26:24 am »

Well, got an idea so you don't feel that way again. Don't rush the enemy with a small dagger.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 05, 2012, 02:26:58 am »

I feel so useless, with everyone looking after me.  :(

You have magic, don't you?
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Explore the Dungeon! Turn Five: The Golden Sea of Chaos
« Reply #64 on: April 05, 2012, 05:38:55 am »

These goddamn turns take like forever and half a day (Actually, more like 60-70 mins, rising steadily)
Anyway, I added a spells tab to your character sheets. If you have any spells you would like to see on your characters, please attach Name, Description and (in case of high power level) Incantation. Inventing those myself is somewhat tiring...

Turn Five: She who shines like gold on the sea of darkness (it's a bit too long for the actual title...)

Elenor:
Spoiler: Action (click to show/hide)

(1) Apparently, Elenor seems to have a curse or something that makes bolts invisible to him, there aren't many other explanations left now. Annoyed by this streak of bad luck and/or  divine intervention, he sets off into the right hallway to be useful there, at least.

Remy:

(3) The officer's helmet fits. Barely. Truth be told, it looks absolutely ridiculous on you and the thing stinks. Then, trying to be diplomatic, you take one buckler, not quite sure where to equip it.
The door... it's in the way, you'd want a key. (6) But seriously, who needs keys when you have highly explosive magic?! Let's go!
"Beyond the comprehension of man, thine soul is seated on the eternal throne: Caged and bound and restrained by the universal world order. Vanity shall this world, this order, these shackles of the elements be. O great spirit of fiery destruction, who you reside in the primordial sea, return this place to the chaos it once was! Meeegaaaa... BRAAAAND!!!"
(3) There is a satisfyingly large explosion, but the door is still in the doorframe, and seems to not want to move unless supplied with a key. To top it off, you are rather exhausted and hungry... high level magic is perhaps a bit beyond your level right now.
You then evade into the right hallway before anyone really notices what you did.

Apollo:

(4) Apollo puts a spell of enhanced wearability on the cheap leather armor. That spell works wonders, you never sweat or get itches. One of the most useful enchantments invented to date. He then claims the scimitar, which nobody objects to, so Apollo takes it and its scabbard and straps it around his waist.
Then, he proposes the plan of maximum profit to the remainder. Again, no objections - seems that there is a sort of apathy in terms of making money? Inconceivable.
Anyway... the loot won't move, will it? Better catch up to the other guys in the right hallway before they are too far.

Taren:

(6) Taren spends a bit of time preparing all the spells he knows that worked for mending minds and the like, then casts them: "Menscur! Fogili! Nonsens! Mendia!"
No reaction... time to break out the bigger calibers.
"When a beam of light shines on a crystal, all illusions shall be cleared, nullified, and only the shining truth remains. This mind is in a fog of illusions and darkness. I call upon you, shining light of the heavens, most radiant celestial of them all, to clear this man's mind as a shining diamond! Leonic Cleanse!"
Ratherio looks a bit more peaceful now... one can only hope, now. This is all you can do. Now, about that ratman cloth...

Ratherio:

(6) Drift, drift, drift in the endless sea... there is no pattern. None at all... only chaos... might as well... close eyes and never... come back? Wait...
Realization hits you like a metaphorical brick. There is... something... with this chaos... it feels like it... belongs together?
"My power is my conscience. My conscience is my power."
A stray thought, like a shooting star. It can't possibly be yours... feels so... alien. But, there is some presence... larger than you... far larger than you...
"My power is my body. My body is my power."
It cannot be... this entire sea...
"My body is my conscience. My conscience is my body."
This entire sea... is one being. And it lives... The thought creates a feeling of utter powerlessness...
But Ratherio musters the power for one question: "Who... are... you...?"
The entire sea reacts. The color seems to... concentrate... a color of... gold.
"I am the beginning, and the end." The voice booms throughout the entire space, ringing in Ratherio's skull. The gold becomes ever more concentrated... it is... forming a shape?
"I am the endless ocean of Chaos beyond the shores of Order." It almost looks like... a golden... woman?!
"I am the one who shines like gold on the sea of darkness." The power emanating from... her? is overwhelming. But... she pauses?
"Now, who are you to intrude into my very self?" You find no answer. None would suffice. You can't really see it... the golden light is so bright... but you get a feeling of... utter disdain. As if you were... not even worth... stepping on...
"You are not worth my attention. Begone, and never. Come. BACK."
And Rath is catapulted out of the chaos in an instant.

Helskaya:

(5) A man has to set his priorities. There are the important things in life, such as guiding minds back into bodies. And there are the really important things, such as axes. Everyone knows that. So Hel first gathers all the axes he can find.
Now, for the important things... rescuing minds. It's not the first time you have done this, and despite the unknowns, a journey to the astral plane shouldn't be the problem. Okay, the spirits there can be jerks. But they are mostly just talk. The other ones... you avoid.
The first thing... one needs to find the metaphorical thread that connects body and mind. If it's gone, you might as well look for a very, very tiny needle in a giant-sized haystack. Fortunately, the thread is still there... but it feels strange. Hel is a bit irritated by that. It seems to reach very far... but suddenly...
Helskaya gets a sudden glimpse of unlimited power surging through the thread as it shines the brightest gold. He lets it go in terror. But then, the thread... shrinks... rapidly? He is now thoroughly confused. The mind appeared to come back, or at least relocate somewhere else... this being perhaps the last chance he would get, Helskaya grabs the thread and pulls with all his might, and the thread... complied. After not too long a time, the mind is reeled back in, and Helskaya concludes he really needs a drink now, or at least mind-altering substances.
Still... Ratherio: Saved. Mission accomplished, gg no re please.

--

The following loot still remains:

Small crossbow x1
Buckler x1
Worn shield x1
Wrecked scalemail x1

--

Apart from the way you came in, there is a locked door (now in substantially worse condition), and two other ways. It is to be assumed that the key is somewhere around in those two ways.

At the end of the right hallway, the adventuring party finds what appears to be a... ratman bureau? There is paperwork and drawers and more paperwork and in-trays and out-trays everywhere. Ratmen don't seem to be particularily orderly though... the "first horizontal surface" system of storage seems to have been applied. There's everything lying around here. Something useful, too, maybe?
ASCII time:

Code: [Select]
------
|TTTT|
|.c..|
|...C|
|...C|
D....|
|...T|
|CCc.|
------

D = Door/Entryway
C = Filing cabinet
c = Chair
T = Table
. = Ground, with some paperwork on it

Character sheets.

Helskaya Arkut (lawastooshort)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Elenor Warsen (Caellath)

Apollo Anderson (Spinal_Taper)

Taren Creyn (Tiruin)

Ratherio Houston (borno)

Remy Maelle (Remaelle)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 09:31:35 am by Errol »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 05, 2012, 05:54:24 am »

Elenor:

Search the room. Accept the bolts from Taren.

((My character is not hot-headed. I wonder why you keep making him sound impatient and short-tempered.
You forgot Helskaya's "FUCK YOU I'M A BEAR RAAAGH" transformation magic, I guess.))
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 06:11:33 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 05, 2012, 06:01:02 am »

((I get carried away. Editing out the stomping now, but the annoyment stays.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 05, 2012, 06:07:11 am »

Taren Creyn

Carry Ratherio by holding one of his arms and supporting him with my weight. Share some crossbow bolts with Elenor.

Get the buckler and strap it to my right arm.

Proceed down the right hallway. If possible, lay down Ratherio on a chair and search the tables for anything indicating a map. Or numbers of ratmen or creatures.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 05, 2012, 06:08:14 am »

((Yeah, I guess annoyment is fine. He has been looking for bolts for two turns already...By the way, he is disciplined and level-headed.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 05, 2012, 06:20:19 am »

Eat a strip of dried meat; drink a sip of water. Remember the transformation spell "Raging North Bear" and its incantation "IT'S BEAR TIME. ROAAAAAAAAARRRGH"

Edit:
Ok then, I will.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 06:36:20 am by lawastooshort »

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 05, 2012, 06:21:24 am »

"Ugh... My face hurts..." Suddenly he snapped back to reality. He had just found chaos itself! He had just found out that chaos magic actually comes from a being, instead of himself! That would mean endless, boundless power if he managed to tap into her(?) power! But then his spirits dropped as soon as they had risen. He remembered her warning... And it would not do well to have a celestial being as an enemy... No... He had to get her on his good side first... But not now. He was sure that this knowledge would become useful in the future, though. For now, however, he had to get himself straight. After all, he had been this close to death, and he knew that without his allies he would of died. He would have to thank them later. Probably.

Learn leaden!
(I assume that the incantation is already there, due to it being bought and all.)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 06:23:05 am by borno »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 05, 2012, 06:29:35 am »

((I advise you exchange this:
"Northern Spirit, are you there? I call to thee: raaagh raaagh raaagh! Northern Spirit, turn me unto bear; So yon enemy doth utter arg"
for this:
IT'S BEAR TIME. ROAAAAAAAAARRRGH
Also, Ratherio wants to tap who? Be careful when trying to be naughty with creatures of infinite power.))
>Yes?

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 05, 2012, 07:08:16 am »

Also, Ratherio wants to tap who? Be careful when trying to be naughty with creatures of infinite power.))
My characters trying to get on her good side... Do you think my actions to bold?

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 05, 2012, 09:17:34 am »

My characters trying to get on her good side... Do you think my actions to bold?

((Be wewwy, wewwy caweful when dealing with her... basically the only reason you are not dead yet is that she doesn't feel that it was worth the effort. But who knows what happens when you contact her again... you might die faster than you can recognize her.
There's more to that, but I'd like to tie the other info into the plot progression...))

((I advise you exchange this:
"Northern Spirit, are you there? I call to thee: raaagh raaagh raaagh! Northern Spirit, turn me unto bear; So yon enemy doth utter arg"
for this:
IT'S BEAR TIME. ROAAAAAAAAARRRGH

((I rather like both... let's just make the incantations interchangeable.))

((That thought is rather amusing... perhaps he would even live, because she is too dumbfounded by his advance.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Explore the Dungeon! Turn Five: The Golden Sea of Chaos
« Reply #74 on: April 05, 2012, 09:24:51 am »

((I rather like both... let's just make the incantations interchangeable.))
((I support this.))

((That thought is rather amusing... perhaps he would even live, because she is too dumbfounded by his advance.))
((Ratherio, time to get serious! Tap dat ass! Then run like hell.))
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 58