Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 58

Author Topic: Roll to Explore the Dungeon: Ch.2 T.38: Do you even praise the King?  (Read 120572 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Explore the Dungeon! Turn 25.5 INITIAL STRIKE
« Reply #540 on: September 06, 2012, 07:26:16 am »

Taren noticed his spellcasting buddy readying and gesturing an area-of-effect spell, as he called it, and saw that Maka was too busy to notice anything other than the fiendish beasties around.

He decided the best course of action possible. "Get down, girl. Get down!"

Protect Maka! Shield her with my icy blade!
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 08:53:46 am by Tiruin »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: September 06, 2012, 07:59:36 am »

Komas scowled as he followed along with the group, oar over one shoulder. He didn't know where they were headed, and somehow he doubted they had a very firm idea, either. He came to a halt as they entered a clearing. Oh look, trouble.
Hefting his oar and casting a wary glance towards the ginger magician as the latter began casting something, Komas moved foward.

>Attempt to avoid being incinerated/otherwise harmed by Remy's magic.
>Then charge in and smack that grayback with Heinkel and subdue it for later, before beating the snot out of the others!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: September 09, 2012, 02:46:38 am »

Oh, actually I have decent internet where I am. So you might want to expect a turn in the next few days.
This obviously assumes I am going to bother.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: September 15, 2012, 08:15:28 am »

Am currently rereading the character sheets because of the promised sketches/pieces of art (which I still want to deliver, actually). Turns out my mental picture of Taren was all wrong, for starters... I believe I wrote a scene in the intermission that assumed he was wearing armor... d'oh.
Erm. I'll make sure to correct those mistakes in the future and whatever turns it may entail.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: September 15, 2012, 08:42:22 am »

((Was that in a good way or in a bad way? I had armor!  :P))

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: September 15, 2012, 09:23:48 am »

((Was that in a good way or in a bad way? I had armor!  :P))

((I assume you are wearing some under your tunic, and that your tunic/cloak isn't exactly flimsy, but your character sheet doesn't specify anything beyond "gray tunic, white cloak", plus buckler, boots and belt (which you acquired throughout the adventure.)
My assumption was advantageous for you, but there's no changing things now :P ))

Also, in related news, I stopped sketching because I ran out of pencil. There's some prelimary character designs for Elenor, Maka and Taren in my sketchbook and they're not totally bad anymore. So that's progress, although not as much as I hoped for.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: September 26, 2012, 02:53:21 pm »

ROLL TO LAZY PIG GM

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: September 26, 2012, 03:23:39 pm »

Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: September 26, 2012, 06:06:49 pm »

((Irony makes great art!  :P))

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: October 01, 2012, 12:00:53 pm »

By the power of Jean-Pierre Polnareff's theme I shall update this RtD today!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: October 02, 2012, 02:09:24 am »

((...

*tomorrow))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: October 02, 2012, 02:25:49 am »

((When I saw how many actions I actually had to write I got kind of discouraged...))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Explore the Dungeon! Turn 26: This has to be a new negative record
« Reply #553 on: October 04, 2012, 03:07:47 pm »

You know, that should really be my avatar. :P Feel free to use that image judicously whenever I get lazy again...

Turn 26: Taren has a sister, her name is Ren.

Roll To Initiative!

Maka: 6
Remy: 6
AWolf 2: 6
AGrayback: 6
Elenor: 5
PJelly 2: 5
Satanic Panda: 5
Helskaya: 4
EJelly 2: 4
SJelly: 4
AWolf 1: 4
AWolf 3: 4
Panda Wizard: 4
Taren: 3
PJelly 3: 3
Vampire Bat 1: 3
Vampire Bat 2: 3
AWolf 4: 3
PJelly 1: 2
Apollo: 1
Komas: 1
EJelly 1: 1

Maka:
Spoiler: Action (click to show/hide)

(5) "I'll show you just who of us is the more satanic beast, you big ugly big-and-ugly...! By the power of the great satanic thing in the sky... You, down in shackles, lie! Eh... no, wait. Kneel before my Psycho Power! Mwahahahaha! Well, that's better. Psychoooo Shacklesss!"
Maka manages to rattle all of this down in just below three seconds AND cast the spell perfectly - the Satanic Panda's satanicness is not satanic enough, and it nearly collapses from the pain of this particularily satanic Psycho Shackle.

Remy:

(2) "Uh. Of course! Electric storm! To achieve this I need to call upon that spirit, who is named... who is named... Uh... Damnit."
"ERROR: 'DAMNIT' IS NOT VALID SPIRIT NAME"

The Armored Grayback (5) appears to coordinate something with Armored Wolf #2 (6)... it's a charge. They appear to have picked Elenor, who hasn't had time for a defensive stance yet (5) but swiftly assumes one. They clash!  (2)v(5) (6)v(5) And Elenor deflects and dodges all of their attacks, although he wouldn't have needed to do that for the Armored Wolf, because it was tackled out of the way by the Grayback. Counterstrike roll! (1)v(5) Epic fumble. Elenor swings at air not even remotely in the general direction of the Grayback, who takes the opportunity to tackle him into the corner! Still, Elenor is rather unharmed, for his armor is still protecting him, but if it wasn't, the thorny plants around here would have been more than inconvenient.

Elenor:

(5) And thus, Elenor quickly recovers, getting up despite his armoredness and assumes another Defensive Stance (tm). Seeing the wolfs having a wolf-argument about the tackle maneuvre, and no other threat approaching, he takes his time to analyze every enemy on the field.

Code: [Select]
Armored Wolf: Not quite as bad as the Armored Bear, but still dangerous. Their armor protects them from physical attacks, but is weak at neck and underbelly. They will panic when on fire.
Armored Grayback: A larger, more dangerous version of the Armored Wolf, and their leader. Shares their strengths and weaknesses. They coordinate their Armored Wolf subordinates, and if they die, their pack is gripped by fear.
Poison Jelly: A glob of purple, corrosive substance that exhales poisonous fumes. They are almost immune to weapons, but suspectible to magic and extra suspectible to volt and ice magic. They're also generally slow and easy to evade but can cross a ~60 cm distance very swiftly.
Electrojelly: A glob of azure, glowing substance. Lightning arcs from them. They are almost immune to weapons and will shock everyone who dares to stick swords into them, and they also absorb volt magic like a lightning rod, growing stronger from it. Their weak point is ice magic, and they also lose their life when all their power is drained. Identical with the Poison Jelly otherwise.
Steel Jelly: A glob of gray, metallic substance. Similar to the other Jellys, it is slow, and it also has few methods of attack, but also has no known weakness. If you want to beat it, you need to go the long road.
Vampire Bat: It's a bat! It sucks blood and grows faster from it! But don't worry, it won't vampirize you (probably). You'd need to put on a certain Aztec Stone Mask for that. They are still very annoying but also weak on the defense, one good hit and they're dead.
Satanic Panda: Don't let the name "Panda" fool you. This is a huge damn bear beast out for your blood. To kill the Satanic Panda, hit it until it's dead.
Panda Wizard: What's better than homicidal Pandas? Homicidal Pandas with magic abilities. Instead of beating your face in with their claws, they'll prefer to use their special abilities for that. It is unknown what kind of special ability, exactly. But Panda Wizards are always sort of helpless when someone's rushing at them with an instrument of murder in hand.
Then he takes aim at the Panda Wizard almost as an afterthought. (3) The accuracy is appropriate to that, the Panda doesn't even seem to notice.

Poison Jelly 2 (6) oozes closer at an alarmingly high speed (for a jelly). The Satanic Panda (6)... runs at the party, foaming from the mouth. He should be dead sooner or later if he moves that fast, but that piece of news has to reach his brain first. He charges at Helskaya! But (1)...

Helskaya:

(5) ...Helskayabear rips him a new one, scattering Panda bits everywhere and finally throwing the chunk that is left at the two wolves in the back about to join in. (5) It goes WHUMPH, burying the two wolves under it.

Electro Jelly #2 (1) wishes to advance, but is inexplicably attracted to the Steeljelly (2). Magnetism shouldn't work that way, but it does here, apparently. Neither of them moves - as neither of the two Wolves, #1 and #3 do. They may be down for the count. The Panda Wizard, meanwhile (3) makes a few ominous poses. If a Panda could look fabulous, it would, now, and Helskaya feels a disturbance in the shaman-force. But nothing appears to happen, right now.

Taren:

(4) Nobody is making advances at Maka right now, so you cool her kind-of-inexplicable lemonade with your icy blade, which might give you a Maka brownie point or two. But if someone comes, you're most definitely ready.

Poison Jelly #3 oozes closer. (4) Uneventfully. The two vampire bats also take collective action (1) (5) - the difference is that one of them hits a column, while the other one skreeeeeches as it divevampirebombs Maka. (5)v(6) What ensues is an impressive ballet of Vampire Bat and Taren Sword. Lots of swooshing, swishing and plinking around happens, but finally Taren gets the upper hand (through flailing around furiously) and gives the Bat an icy-cool shave-and-haircut before batting it to Maka. (1) But Maka does totally not catch the hint, and gets bitten by the divevampiremissile she was supposed to bat away, ideally resulting in an home run.Fortunately, the Bat then disintegrates into several frosty shards (Taren showing off earlier), but there's still quite a bit of blood flowing from the two punctures in her neck.
The last Armored Wolf advances (3), but does so cautiously, joining up with the Grayback. And then there's a Poison Jelly #1 around (1), but it just oozes around ineffectually for god knows what reason.

Apollo:

(2) You do not shoot the attacking things.

Komas

(1) You charge, Heinkel over your head. But perhaps you should have paid attention to the ground, and any potential things that could trip up a blind charge, sending the charger face-first into the vines on the jungle floor, prone not too far away from the intended target. (1)v(4) But the Grayback does not notice the obvious invitation to rip throats out (it is still rather engrossed in showing Armored Wolf #2 who exactly the alpha wolf of this pack is), so Komas takes his chance to get back up again, dust off his clothing and ponder whether Mother Nature has made any reference to his Missing Eye. One more reason to hit here, because you fell on thorns and those thorns were not exactly blunt.

Electro Jelly #1 (4) oozes closer! Shocking. (Hurhur.)

Enemies.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Character sheets.

Helskaya Arkut (lawastooshort)

Elenor Warsen (Caellath)

Apollo Anderson (Spinal_Taper)

Taren Creyn (Tiruin)

Komas Hopatke (Yoink)

Remy Maelle (Remaelle)

Maka R'lyeh-Voile (IronyOwl)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Explore the Dungeon! Turn 26: This has to be a new negative record
« Reply #554 on: October 04, 2012, 03:52:07 pm »

Undisturb the shaman force by eating a slice of magic, and then CHARGE the PANDA WIZARD

Claw his vulnerable spot (his liver, if I remember PANDA ANATOMY correctly).
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 04:09:20 pm by lawastooshort »
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 58